A question for something that I have not found on here, We will be staying at the fort for TG '14 in a 35' MH for 11 nights. We have a few friends that live in the WDW area. If they come to visit us for the day and maybe stay over a night or 2 (with us in our MH) is there a fee for them (other then the fee to get into a park)? I do see that site are for up to 10 people so I would think not, but wanted to ask. Thanks for any Info!

Should not be a problem, but it is best to add them to your reservation when you check in for the dates that they will be with you.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We now have an entire page dedicated to all things Golf Cart Rentals - on site and off - that is being maintained regularly with current info. CHECK IT OUT HERE We also have many more pages of informa

Internet access at the Fort became free last spring as part of the WiFi project at WDW. Unfortunately widespread WiFi still isn't available at the campsites at the Fort. More info here... http://www.f

In addition to the Meadow Snack Bar and Trail's End, consider taking a bus ride over to Wilderness Lodge.  It's quick and easy- especially if you're on the Yellow bus route, as the Yellow bus will bec

Should not be a problem, but it is best to add them to your reservation when you check in for the dates that they will be with you.

We've had company stay with us for a few nights and checked them in on our reservation so that they could get KTTW cards to use for EMH in the parks.

No problem and no charge.

Thanks for the quick answer! Another thing, Internet acess? I read somewhere it was $10 a day then I saw it was free with a $125 refundable deposit?? whitch is it? Thanks!

It is now free. The $125 deposit comes in when you check out their cable modem internet kit. You get that back when you return the kit.

Internet modems as well as cable converters are now at the Meadows Trading Post. Also you do not leave a deposit, but you now sign a paper saying if you don't return it you will be charged $125.00. Can't figure out why they are handling them there, but they are behind the register next to the coffee dispenser. When we left on the 2nd they were still at the Outpost, when we checked back in on the 9th they were at the Meadows.

Internet access at the Fort became free last spring as part of the WiFi project at WDW.

Unfortunately widespread WiFi still isn't available at the campsites at the Fort.

More info here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/internet-access-at-fort-wilderness-r238

I should have added what we did was get an inexpensive wireless router (it came with a built in pass word) at Wally World and plugged it into the modem. That gave us WiFi for 2 computers as well as for Linda's sister who was next door. If there are ever "FIENDS" close by I would share the pass word and we could have our own "network"..

Hey Dave - any idea how many modems they seemed to have? (ish)

The word I've been hearing lately is that they're very hard to get, especially since you can't reserve them, but I'm wondering if that's changed as part of moving them down to the Meadows.

No, I don't know the number but I have never had trouble getting one. Even Sat when we returned I got one right away and the Spring Break crowd is here.

• 2 months later...

I posted on here a couple of months ago asking about maps. I received a reply giving me  step by step instructions how to get a free packet of color maps sent in the mail. I followed those instructions and received the packet a few days later. Good for me. However, I do not remember the procedure (bad for me)  and would like to order the same packets for two of my grandkids. I am taking them to WDW and the Fort next summer (their first trip) and would like these packets to be their first souvenir. Could you help me once again. This time I will write the instructions down!

Ken

Ken,

If I am not mistaken, you can only order once every 6 months per address. 

Go to Disney site.  Scroll to the bottom, on the right look for Order Custom Maps follow the directions

You will probably have to sign in.  I tried to attach the link but I couldn't,.  edit to give more directions

Hope this helps!!

I posted on here a couple of months ago asking about maps. I received a reply giving me  step by step instructions how to get a free packet of color maps sent in the mail. I followed those instructions and received the packet a few days later. Good for me. However, I do not remember the procedure (bad for me)  and would like to order the same packets for two of my grandkids. I am taking them to WDW and the Fort next summer (their first trip) and would like these packets to be their first souvenir. Could you help me once again. This time I will write the instructions down!

Ken

You will have to wait a little while before you are able to. You can only order every 6 months I believe. When you are ready go to Disneyworld.com and hover over the My Disney Experience icon in the top right. You will see a drop down with an option to order Customized Maps. Follow the steps on there and they will be on there way to you. 

Thanks to Jason & Loretta. I will do this tomorrow. Since I will be ordering for the kids and have them sent to their home in Ohio and my order before was for me in Colorado, I might be able to bypass the 6 month rule. Figured they will be surprised to receive them in the mail since they would not be expecting them.

Thanks again,

Ken

Thanks to Jason & Loretta. I will do this tomorrow. Since I will be ordering for the kids and have them sent to their home in Ohio and my order before was for me in Colorado, I might be able to bypass the 6 month rule. Figured they will be surprised to receive them in the mail since they would not be expecting them.

Thanks again,

Ken[/quote

You may have to create a new user I'd as well. Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I have a question and hope that someone has some experience with the issue and could help me out.  I have read that some of the fort wilderness sites can have a camper and tent combo as long as there are less than 10 people at a site and there is a charge of $2 per adult after the first 2.  My in-laws have a small pull behind camper and we have a TINY pop up camper (Coleman Taos).  We most likely would not even need to plug the pop up in...will do most down time in the camper and only need the pop up for sleeping.  Wondered if we could put the two together on the same site?  Does Disney consider a pop up as a TENT trailer or as a pop up CAMPER?  Has anyone camped with both at the site?  Does anyone know the official policy?  Thanks so much for your time!

Hi Everyone!

I have a question and hope that someone has some experience with the issue and could help me out.  I have read that some of the fort wilderness sites can have a camper and tent combo as long as there are less than 10 people at a site and there is a charge of $2 per adult after the first 2.  My in-laws have a small pull behind camper and we have a TINY pop up camper (Coleman Taos).  We most likely would not even need to plug the pop up in...will do most down time in the camper and only need the pop up for sleeping.  Wondered if we could put the two together on the same site?  Does Disney consider a pop up as a TENT trailer or as a pop up CAMPER?  Has anyone camped with both at the site?  Does anyone know the official policy?  Thanks so much for your time!

I will say that last night in Chat it was mentioned that Disney is not allowing two campers on a site now. Specifically someone had to remove the pop up from behind the motor home.

Also I added 3-4 people to my site in January and there was no extra charge. I believe it is the same price up to 10 people. Whether they have changed that since January I do not know. 

I will say that last night in Chat it was mentioned that Disney is not allowing two campers on a site now. Specifically someone had to remove the pop up from behind the motor home.

Also I added 3-4 people to my site in January and there was no extra charge. I believe it is the same price up to 10 people. Whether they have changed that since January I do not know.

Not sure about the charge for extra adults, but as to the 2 camper rule if it is being enforced it is because Disney is following FL State Law. It has been mentioned before, the law only allows 1 RV and 1 tent per site.

I have read that some of the fort wilderness sites can have a camper and tent combo as long as there are less than 10 people at a site and there is a charge of $2 per adult after the first 2.  

Below is from the Fort's rate card. No mention of an additional charge.

All rates are European plan and subject to 6.5% Florida sales tax and 6% county resort tax.
Maximum of 10 persons per campsite.
Additional charge of $5 per night with pet in our pet loops. For reservations and information, 
see your travel agent or call 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639). 

Below is how a "Tent or Pop-Up Campsite" is described by Disney. 

Tent or Pop-Up Campsite~The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Description

Campsite includes:  water, cable and electricity. Campsite sizes vary in length and width and are used for tents, pop-up and van camper-type vehicles.  Motorhomes and travel trailers CAN NOT be accommodated in a Tent/Pop-up campsite.

One Pop-up or van camper-type vehicle plus one tent, sleeps a maximum of 10 Guests.
Or 2 tents, sleeps a maximum of 10 Guests

There "used" to be a $2 charge for extra adults above 2.  I have been charged that amount many moons ago. I have not seen the extra adult charge in at least 3 years.

And yes, as recently as the last few weeks, the Fort has decided to enforce the rule about one camping unit, plus 1 tent, or 2 tents. It has always been the rule, and they used to enforce it rigoursly, then then slacked off for a few years, and are now enforcing the rule again.

I tried to put a small popup on a site with a trailer. Disney made me move one. If you check the 1600 loop there is a popup and a class Aone the same lot and has been there for about a year that I know of. Seems like they enforce the rules anyway they want. BigTom

I tried to put a small popup on a site with a trailer. Disney made me move one. If you check the 1600 loop there is a popup and a class Aone the same lot and has been there for about a year that I know of. Seems like they enforce the rules anyway they want. BigTom

Yup.

Over Memorial Day weekend, I clearly saw a site on the 1600 loop with a class A and pop up behind it.

You couldn't miss it from the main road.

If there has been some type of recent enforcement, then it must be really recent, because the rule of one camping unit per site was not being enforced as of May 27, 2013.

TCD