• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We now have an entire page dedicated to all things Golf Cart Rentals - on site and off - that is being maintained regularly with current info. CHECK IT OUT HERE We also have many more pages of informa

Internet access at the Fort became free last spring as part of the WiFi project at WDW. Unfortunately widespread WiFi still isn't available at the campsites at the Fort. More info here... http://www.f

In addition to the Meadow Snack Bar and Trail's End, consider taking a bus ride over to Wilderness Lodge.  It's quick and easy- especially if you're on the Yellow bus route, as the Yellow bus will bec

I've seen more than a few people elsewhere ranting and raving about this (even though it didn't effect their lives in even a tiny way, which Ill never understand). 

But it does make me wonder if a few squeaky wheels haven't been poking the bear about this issue, hence the sudden decision to enforce a pretty old rule.

And yes, as recently as the last few weeks, the Fort has decided to enforce the rule about one camping unit, plus 1 tent, or 2 tents. It has always been the rule, and they used to enforce it rigoursly, then then slacked off for a few years, and are now enforcing the rule again.

According to a post made by a reliable eye witness today in my current trip report, there is still a pop-up set up behind a motorhome on the 1600 loop.

Carol- what is your source for the rule being enforced again?

I hope it's not the same guy who had you asking if the bridge behind the 300 loop was gated off.

TCD

I have seen sites during our Christmas Vacation with an RV and 3 or 4 tents.  Will be interesting to see if there are any this coming December.   I would not want that many tents on my site but I can see that it might take that many to actually sleep 10. :camp1:  :mh1:  :camp1:  :camp1:  :camp1:

Well. The class a pulled out today and now just the pop up is there with a white canopy. It is the site next to bird lady so maybe they couldn't take the noise. Ill check again in the morning.

Now I'm confused. The large tan/brown class "A" was Nancy and she was parked in front of the pop-up earlier this year. The white canopy was her's as well. So if she is now parked one site over then she's moved since April.

Now I'm confused. The large tan/brown class "A" was Nancy and she was parked in front of the pop-up earlier this year. The white canopy was her's as well. So if she is now parked one site over then she's moved since April.

Her class A is still in her spot with the white canopy.

The pop up that was behind her site was moved over one site and was behind another class A with another white canopy (looked exactly the same).

That class A left but the popup is still there and the white canopy is still there.

Nancys is still in her site but no popup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Smoking Allowed at the Fort?

Official Response From the Walt Disney World Executive Offices:

"While smoking is not permitted inside cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness

Resort & Campground, smoking is allowed on cabin porches, at campsites,

and in the designated outdoor smoking locations throughout the

resort."

It drives me bat crazy when I see someone blatantly ignoring this rule. Last week someone was smoking on the Trails End porch on the back end near the arcade entrance. Do they not see the No Smoking sign??? Argh

It drives me bat crazy when I see someone blatantly ignoring this rule. Last week someone was smoking on the Trails End porch on the back end near the arcade entrance. Do they not see the No Smoking sign??? Argh

Either they are following the rule "Rules are made to be broken", or they are living in the Land Of Me where they can do whatever they feel like because it's their world,

or the sign wasn't in the correct languge.

Either they are following the rule "Rules are made to be broken", or they are living in the Land Of Me where they can do whatever they feel like because it's their world,

or the sign wasn't in the correct languge.

Hang on.

That used to be a designated smoking area- and a big ashtray was provided there. 

If you go all the way back to the 4th post on this thread, this map shows that there is a designated smoking area on the porch:

fortwmap.jpg

I just checked the latest FW map provided on this site, and see that then no longer have the smoking areas designated:

FortMap-New131113.jpg

http://www.totaldesign.net/_CLIENTS/FortFiends/FortDocs/FortMap-New131113.jpg

The official word from Disney is hard to find, but it appears that there is a designated smoking area on that side porch:

smokingareas_zps40d056da.jpg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/designated-smoking-areas/

With Crockett's Tavern and Trail's End right there, it would surprise me to hear that they have banned all smoking on the porch.

TCD

I was there the other night and no sign, it has always been a smoking area, smoking Nazi's haven't gotten it yet as far as I can see but I am sure they will soon.

Oh and it may have been me that you saw

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think it would be wrong to take a crock pot to fort wilderness cabins? Has anyone used one there?

We have never stayed in the cabins but we use our crockpot at the campgrounds.  I don't see why it wouldn't be a good thing to take to the cabins.  I would say go for it.  I am sure someone that has stayed in the cabins will chime in soon.

Do you think it would be wrong to take a crock pot to fort wilderness cabins? Has anyone used one there?

Welcome.

Heck yes, you can bring a crockpot. No problem at all.

You might also want to bring a cookie sheet if you plan on using they oven- they don't provide one.  And bring some aluminum foil.  And BBQ tools if you plan on using the grill. 

Other than that, the cabins pretty much have whatever you might need to cook your own meals.

TCD

Thank yall so much. This will be our first trip to Disneyworld. And I prefer to cook my own food for religious reason and because Im allergic to alot of food so is my daughters.

Welcome! 

We have never stayed in the cabins at Disney but we've stayed in other cabins and we've always brought a crockpot, they are awesome to cook in. Enjoy your first trip, I am sure you and your daughters will have a lovely time.