We have a 1996 Palimino Pony...small!  The roof was not in great shape when we got it but the inside looks brand new.  The thing is tiny inside but I liked it.  We have kept a cover tarp on it since we have had it yet water still came thru.  We did loose the tarp a few times but it was always replaced pretty quick.  I am guessing the damage happened while the camper was opened and we didn't have a tarp on it. What can I do to repair the roof both inside and out?  It's pretty soft.  Any suggestions.  Probably going to be selling it soon anyway. :-\

We have a 1996 Palimino Pony...small!  The roof was not in great shape when we got it but the inside looks brand new.  The thing is tiny inside but I liked it.  We have kept a cover tarp on it since we have had it yet water still came thru.  We did loose the tarp a few times but it was always replaced pretty quick.  I am guessing the damage happened while the camper was opened and we didn't have a tarp on it. What can I do to repair the roof both inside and out?  It's pretty soft.  Any suggestions.  Probably going to be selling it soon anyway. :-\

Hi momoffive,

I will ask my husband when he comes home at lunch time and get back to you.

doodlebug

p.s. I am a mom of 5 too. 4 boys and a girl

momoffive

I just asked Mike about your roof. He says it can be done but, you need to remove the whole roof take it apart. Save the outer skin and replace all the wood.

He says it is a lot of work and expensive unless you can do the work yourself. If you are planning on selling anyway, you should sell it as is and not bother with a repair.

Let me know if you have further questions. I have just started a new thread on the Camp Tech Talk section.

Have a nice day :nyd:

doodlebug

doodlebug

Wow you must have amazing patience!!  We have 3 girls and 2 boys.  The boys are a handful!  We have issues but still they try our patience daily. I have one home sick today and will be for a few days more.  So there should be some peace here for a few days, can't get into too much trouble when you can hardly get off the couch.

Thanks again!!

doodlebug

Wow you must have amazing patience!!  We have 3 girls and 2 boys.  The boys are a handful!  We have issues but still they try our patience daily. I have one home sick today and will be for a few days more.  So there should be some peace here for a few days, can't get into too much trouble when you can hardly get off the couch.

Thanks again!!

My patience was worn thin many times. They are all grown up now and I have 5 granddaughters. I have to tell you the oldest 3 are my stepsons, but since I raised them from the time they were 9, 6 and 3 I figure it counts.

Take care of your little one, I hope it doesn't go through the whole house. I had 3 with chicken pox all at the same time. Closest I ever came to a divorce. My husband went bowling on his off night and left me with a 6yr old, a 21 month old and a 6 month old.

All three were in the hardest part of being sick.

Oh well I survived we all do

doodlebug

Is there damage inside? If the wood is rotten yes you have to remove and replace the wood. If it isn't rotten clean out all the seams on the outside and re-caulk it. Once dry clean the rest of the room with soap and water scrubbing the heavy spots with a mr clean eraser. Once clean give it a good wax. This goes for the whole trailer. Re-caulk it. But make sure where the caulking goes is clean and dry.

Is there damage inside? If the wood is rotten yes you have to remove and replace the wood. If it isn't rotten clean out all the seams on the outside and re-caulk it. Once dry clean the rest of the room with soap and water scrubbing the heavy spots with a mr clean eraser. Once clean give it a good wax. This goes for the whole trailer. Re-caulk it. But make sure where the caulking goes is clean and dry.

Unfortunately yes the water made its way thru.  We will be opening it again soon.  We took everything off that we could and I cleaned it all with bleach and water before we closed it.  I guess I just need to let it go.  The heat and all works well but it will be good on someones land somewhere as a hunting cabin.  LOL! 

Thanks for the advice!