I'm So Excited - whole Winter in Fla - 1st time AP's!!!

Full-timers as of June 1st, and are spending our first full Winter in Florida. We had a week at the Fort already planned (arriving Sunday!), and had planned to stay in Brooksville the other 3 months. Turns out we found a spot just 20 minutes from WDW, so we decided to use my retirement gifts to upgrade to an AP!

Even though a lot of what doesn't open till 12/6 will probably be in previews next week, now we won't have to agonize over what we can and can't do next week. Sometime during the next 3 months we should be able to hit everything new. (Well, maybe not dinner at Be Our Guest without an ADR, but that might work out also...)

We'll also be able to catch the beginning of Flower and Garden, and the end of Food and Wine if we come down earlier next November instead of after Thanksgiving.

Growing up in the 50's we've been Disney fans forever (one of our best days ever was still our first trip to Disneyland the year after we were married), and the thought of being able to come and go as we please - even if just a few hours at a time - just sounds really cool.

Thanks for letting me share - hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

4 days till the Fort!!!!!

Just checked in and waiting to be called for dinner at Be Our Guest.

FYI - they are NOT fully booked and are currently taking walk ups with about a 90min wait. Not sure if that is for parties of any particular size, but someone with a party of 2 walked up just as we were checking in.

Oh forgot to mention Sunday that Boardwalk was enforcing "holiday parking" Had to show I'D at the gate and our options were valet parking or the lot across the street.

Haven't seen any signs of similar enforcements at the Fort - at least they haven't put any signs out or anything.

You might get lucky!!

Where are you staying?

We're staying at Deer Creek, in Davenport. DH stayed there for a month last December - our house sold faster than expected and I wasn't retiring till 6/1, so he had to head South for the Winter when all the campgrounds in Wisconsin closed for the season.

DH liked Deer Creek well enough when he stayed there last year. The place in Brooksville (Belle Parc) where we were originally going to stay has a much more "natural" setting than Deer Creek, but we really got ourselves excited about the idea of being 20 minutes from WDW. We're going to be in the Motor Home only section, by the golf course.

As for establishing Florida residency, after seeing what you can get the Florida Resident Annual Pass for, its a pretty compelling argument for it!

We'll probably spend every Winter in Florida, and I still have a fantasy of eventually being a seasonal CM. Having just retired June 1st, this year I'm just happy to experience my FIRST EVER Disney trip without being horrendously stressed about work. When we got there last year at this time I was a complete wreck. This year: relaxed and happy.

At a KOA in Jacksonville tonight - 24 hours from now we'll be watching the castle lighting after finishing our dinner at O'hanas. :jumpforjoy