I'm taking my mom and my two grown kids to DW for mothers day. My mom is 75. This will be our one and only trip, I think. I am trying to find accomdations where everyone is comfortable. I have rented cabins a few times past... but the kids were young. Seriously... what would you do? take a chance with renting points or get a cabin. I just want her to be happy. I do have 3 days at BLT on my own points... but not enough for the whole trip. I really cannot afford a 2 br rental on dvc points, and I looked at vistana, I am afraid she will get tired and not be able to find her way back,

They do have handicap cabins but I'm not sure how hard they are to get.

They have quite a few accessible cabins so I don't think booking one would be an issue. When you say grown children, how old?  Sleeping arrangements in the cabin may be a little tight for 4 adults. 

Something that made our trip last month more enjoyable for my mom (68 years young) was the electric chair I brought with.  She wouldn't have been able to walk all that way and enjoy the parks.  While I've got the bus drivers all hating us, it really did make a big difference.  Otherwise she'd be paying a lot of money to sit in one spot and read a book at disney while we run around.

I bought one exactly like this on craigslist for 300 bucks after I was in a motorcycle accident.  http://www.1800wheelchair.com/asp/view-product.asp?product_id=1246

It's so much fun to drive the kids won't let me sell it.  

An electric chair for your mom, I don't think that's legal? I suggest a retirement development first.

68 years old, that's only a few years older than me. I better keep a close on what my kids ask me to do.

So how old would mom be now, if you hadn't bought the electric chair?

You two are killing me!  (see what I did there?)

• 1 month later...

I'm sure ALL the bus drivers do not hate you... yet.  It will take several more trips for you to meet all of them.  By then your statement may be accurate.  But you can ignore the bus drivers.  We do and just push to the front of the line demanding to be loaded first.  That makes them really care about helping you.  >:D

I'm sure ALL the bus drivers do not hate you... yet.  It will take several more trips for you to meet all of them.  By then your statement may be accurate.  But you can ignore the bus drivers.  We do and just push to the front of the line demanding to be loaded first.  That makes them really care about helping you.  >:D

In your case there is absolutely no question about whether or not your family needs wheel chairs.

Also, WC are not the issue, it's ECVs and now ESVs.