Shopping for special diets near WDW

We are fortunate to be planning a three week trip to the Fort this summer (being married to a teacher has perks) and are looking to accommodate our 11 year olds dietary needs without having to cram our freeze before leaving home.  He is autistic and has been on the gluten/casein free diet since he was 2.  We find most of the products we use at home in specialty grocery and health food stores, but have not tried to shop for these items while on vacation yet.   He is not a gourmet, but loves Ian's gluten free fish sticks, gluten free chicken nuggets, gf pretzels, and rice or tapioca bread.

If anyone can give me some recommendations, I would be extremely grateful.

There is a Publix near the Fort.  I'm sure someone else can give you good directions.  They carry Ian's products.  You  might want to call them directly to see if they have the specific products you want. 

There is also a Whole Foods not too far away which would probably have everything you need.

If you plan on eating at any Disney Restaurants, you will do best contacting the particular restaurant before hand.  OTOH, they do well even with walk-ins.  I don't know of anywhere that is better at handling food sensitivities and allergies than WDW.

Thanks for the info...I am vaguely familiar with the location of Publix, but didn't know about Whole Foods.  We have had AMAZING service everywhere we have eaten in WDW in accommodating my guy's needs.  In fact, our first family trip was about two weeks after we started the diet and the folks at the Disney restaurants were printing out all kinds of info for us to use when we got home, one chef even let us email him when we returned home and adapted recipes for us.  We have only one restaurant near us that will accommodate the gfcf diet, so it is fabulous to know we are not restricted on vacation.

There is a Publix near the Fort.  I'm sure someone else can give you good directions.  They carry Ian's products.  You  might want to call them directly to see if they have the specific products you want. 

There is also a Whole Foods not too far away which would probably have everything you need.

If you plan on eating at any Disney Restaurants, you will do best contacting the particular restaurant before hand.  OTOH, they do well even with walk-ins.  I don't know of anywhere that is better at handling food sensitivities and allergies than WDW.

I can point you to the Whole Foods...

Take a left out of the Fort on Vista Blvd and follow it to the end (watch for speed bumps).

At the end take a right onto 535. When you come to the intersection of 535 and Apopka Vineland, go straight onto Palm Parkway.

Palm Parkway turns into Turkey Lake at some point and the Whole Foods will be on the right about 5 miles up.

Is this the same road that the Wal Mart is on?

I can point you to the Whole Foods...

Take a left out of the Fort on Vista Blvd and follow it to the end (watch for speed bumps).

At the end take a right onto 535. When you come to the intersection of 535 and Apopka Vineland, go straight onto Palm Parkway.

Palm Parkway turns into Turkey Lake at some point and the Whole Foods will be on the right about 5 miles up.