It's official the new Avatar land is coming!

Hmm... this means Avatarland at AK will open before the sequel hits the theaters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they push back Avatarland by a year too.

How much interest will there be from guests to tour this land when the original movie will have been out of theaters for 7 years?

And, if the new attractions are based on the sequels, won't there be spoilers?

TCD

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually there was a vote and it passed by one vote. Where were you when we needed you? It's all your fault.

#Pandora at night Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't forget these....  

How much interest will there be from guests to tour this land when the original movie will have been out of theaters for 7 years?

I just asked a similar question re: adding Arendelle to Epcot. 

Although admittedly, this is a MUCH bigger scale and commitment than one pavilion in World Showcase.

Yes.

And an ice princess too, please.

TCD

Yes and YES!

It shocks me that Avatar earned more than Frozen. 

I'm not surprised.  Avatar was targeted to a much more general audience.  Frozen was a cute little movie targeted primarily toward young girls.  Just MHO.

We have never seen any of the Avatar movies.  Wondering if we should before Avatarland opens.  Will we understand the area?

I'm not entirely sure what this means but...

in ‪#‎Avatarland‬ news... WDI has filed notices of commencement for 'DAK Expansion - Morpho Canopy Mockups' and '803 Completion Package' ‪#‎fb‬

https://www.facebook.com/stitchkingdomsite?fref=nf

We have never seen any of the Avatar movies.  Wondering if we should before Avatarland opens.  Will we understand the area?

I don't think the area will be too hard to understand.

Avatar is about people from earth showing up on a fancy planet and destroying its ecosystem and indigenous giant blue people.  Not a very complicated concept.  I expect the new land will be a bunch of fluorescent plants with a few giant blue people and alien dragons thrown in the mix.  That's pretty much all you need to know.

TCD

I don't think the area will be too hard to understand.

Avatar is about people from earth showing up on a fancy planet and destroying its ecosystem and indigenous giant blue people.  Not a very complicated concept.  I expect the new land will be a bunch of fluorescent plants with a few giant blue people and alien dragons thrown in the mix.  That's pretty much all you need to know.

TCD

Great post!

Basically if you've ever seen Dances with Wolves or Fern Gully you get the idea of the movie.  Guy initially doesn't understand the locals, then he becomes one and fights his own people because he realizes his people are the bad guys.  Throw in aliens and bright colors and you have it.

I still don't get why it became the number one selling movie of all time.  I mean unobtainum, really?  That's some creative writing right there.

WBI

I don't get all the Avatar hate.  I think its a great movie. I have to wonder if some of yall really watched the whole movie.  With world wide sales of 2.8 Billion dollar I can't be the only one.  I have never seen the movie in 3D but I can see where it would be a great 3D movie.  If Disney can pull off a believable Avatar land I think everyone will be in awe.   

I don't get all the Avatar hate.  I think its a great movie. I have to wonder if some of yall really watched the whole movie.  With world wide sales of 2.8 Billion dollar I can't be the only one.  I have never seen the movie in 3D but I can see where it would be a great 3D movie.  If Disney can pull off a believable Avatar land I think everyone will be in awe.   

I saw the whole thing and I didn't hate it, I just don't understand the 2.8 billion dollar part. 

WBI

I liked the movie.  I will watch if nothing else is on TV.

I don't however think it was good enough to warrant a whole new land being built around it.  Unless of course they make full size flying dragon things and then I am all for it.

What I remember of this movie is I mostly liked it.  DH  saw it in a theater without me because  the previews didn't make me want to go see it.  When I finally saw it, not in 3-D, I did enjoy it.  But then I wish Anne McCaffrey's  Dragon Riders of Pern would be made into a series of movies.

I saw the whole thing and I didn't hate it, I just don't understand the 2.8 billion dollar part. 

WBI

I don't get that either.

I liked the movie.  I will watch if nothing else is on TV.

I don't however think it was good enough to warrant a whole new land being built around it.  Unless of course they make full size flying dragon things and then I am all for it.

Hoping for the best!

Is that James Cameron in the middle?

I saw this also:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/avatar/news/14jan2015-avatar-sequel-delayed-until-late-2017-says-james-cameron.htm

This means the land in AK will actually be open before the first sequel. Elements from the sequel are to be included in the land. Therefore, all of you Avatar fans can see sequel spoilers by going to AK before the movie releases.

Hurray.