It's official the new Avatar land is coming!

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, Beckers said:

Wonder if they would make you pick one Avatarland ride, one between Safari and Everest and then whatever is left be the third tier?

It will be interesting to see what they do.  I think they'll have to implement some kind of tier system, but it will also need to be different from what they do at Epcot and DHS because there aren't enough attractions to balance two tiers.

6 hours ago, Beckers said:

I tried watching the movie again, just can't get into it (and i can't believe there's 4 more coming!) but every sneak peek I see of Pandora does really make me want to go. What they showed on the view today looked awesome.

None of my daughters have watched Avatar all the way through.  I finally broke down and bought a copy so we could watch it.  We haven't made it all the way through either.  I personally don't hate the movie, but it definitely plods along, and they get bored near the one hour mark.

The good news is that James Cameron made it clear in the piece they had yesterday on the View that the AK attraction is set at a time after all of the movies were completed and humans have ceased the mining operation and returned to earth.  Now, humans are visiting the planet as eco-tourists.  To me, that means the entire land can be experienced without knowing about the plot or characters of the movie.  That all is ancient history.  Now, you're just visiting and learning about a foreign planet. It stands on its own.

TCD

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually there was a vote and it passed by one vote. Where were you when we needed you? It's all your fault.

#Pandora at night Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't forget these....  

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, Beckers said:

Do we know what the ride  vehicles will look like yet for the flight of passage? 

That post I made earlier in the thread from WDWNT ended up being fake news.

No one will be sitting on a banshee.

You will be in a simulator, and the ride is virtual.

Most significantly, the Avatar Flight of Passage ride is explained in more detail. Specifically, Jon Landau confirms that guests will be riding in a "link-chair," which will link the rider with his or her Avatar, with the Avatar actually riding the banshee "virtually" for the guest. The "link-chair" is somewhat like the glider mechanism in Soarin'. Guests will not actually be sitting on a physical banshee for the ride.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/avatar/news/10mar2017-video---nightline-offers-the-most-in-depth-look-at-pandora---the-world-of-avatar.htm

Translation- this is just a new version of Soarin', with different chairs and 3-D glasses, but you're basically watching a CGI movie.

Yawn.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That post I made earlier in the thread from WDWNT ended up being fake news.

No one will be sitting on a banshee.

You will be in a simulator, and the ride is virtual.

Most significantly, the Avatar Flight of Passage ride is explained in more detail. Specifically, Jon Landau confirms that guests will be riding in a "link-chair," which will link the rider with his or her Avatar, with the Avatar actually riding the banshee "virtually" for the guest. The "link-chair" is somewhat like the glider mechanism in Soarin'. Guests will not actually be sitting on a physical banshee for the ride.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/avatar/news/10mar2017-video---nightline-offers-the-most-in-depth-look-at-pandora---the-world-of-avatar.htm

Translation- this is just a new version of Soarin', with different chairs and 3-D glasses, but you're basically watching a CGI movie.

Yawn.

TCD

Thanks for the update. It still sounds like it's going to be a cool ride. 

15 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Thanks for the update. It still sounds like it's going to be a cool ride. 

I hope so.

What they are doing makes sense, as in the movie, humans are only able to live in the Pandora environment by "driving" their avatars.  So, just like the humans in the movie, guests are going to experience the flight on the banshee through their avatar bodies.

I don't see a way that they could efficiently and safely have guests actually ride on animatronic banshees.

TCD

36 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I hope so.

What they are doing makes sense, as in the movie, humans are only able to live in the Pandora environment by "driving" their avatars.  So, just like the humans in the movie, guests are going to experience the flight on the banshee through their avatar bodies.

I don't see a way that they could efficiently and safely have guests actually ride on animatronic banshees.

TCD

But it would be really cool.  

Or some small amusement park in a different country could probably  build it without getting hit with 100's of lawsuits!

Park Hours for May 24th at AK have been updated to reflect a 3:30 pm closing time. Most likely due to a press event previewing Pandora. The owner of the agency I work with has been invited to a preview event so as I get things from him I will be sure to share them here. 

5 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Park Hours for May 24th at AK have been updated to reflect a 3:30 pm closing time. Most likely due to a press event previewing Pandora. The owner of the agency I work with has been invited to a preview event so as I get things from him I will be sure to share them here. 

Wow.

The whole park will be closing at 3:30?

That's rather extreme.

They must have big stuff planned.

Does the owner of your agency get to bring a guest?

TCD

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If you ever wonder why it's so expensive to visit Disney World, it's because of foolishness like this:

TCD

Pretty cool but I think a email would have been enough to get them there.

SPOILER ALERT

Photos from Pandora are starting to pop-up on social media sites.

This fellow allegedly has a friend whose girlfriend is working on the project, and has posted photos showing the Navi River boats and some other things:

I don't know if I'm going to like Avatarland, but there sure is a lot to look at in there.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The official dedication of Pandora the World of Avatar will take place on Wednesday, and the Disney Parks Blog is going to live stream it:

#DisneyParksLIVE Will Stream Pandora – The World of Avatar Dedication Live May 24 at 9:25 a.m. ET

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Are you excited as we are for the grand opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar on May 27? This Wednesday, May 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host a very special dedication moment for this new land – and our #DisneyParksLIVE cameras will be there to live stream the amazing moment!

The #DisneyParksLIVE stream of the dedication will begin at 9:25 a.m. ET right here on the Disney Parks Blog. A fresh post containing the live stream will appear at the top of the blog at that time.

Pandora – The World of Avatar will give guests the chance to explore an interactive world filled with bioluminescent rainforests, floating mountains and surprising flora. Here, guests can experience Avatar Flight of Passage, an attraction that sends guests flying over Pandora on a banshee, and Na’vi River Journey, a family-friendly boat ride that travels down a mystical river.

Tune in to our #DisneyParksLIVE broadcast on May 24 for a very special look at this new land.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/disneyparkslive-will-stream-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-dedication-live-may-24-at-925-a-m-et/

Who's going to watch?

TCD

22 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The official dedication of Pandora the World of Avatar will take place on Wednesday, and the Disney Parks Blog is going to live stream it:

#DisneyParksLIVE Will Stream Pandora – The World of Avatar Dedication Live May 24 at 9:25 a.m. ET

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Are you excited as we are for the grand opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar on May 27? This Wednesday, May 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host a very special dedication moment for this new land – and our #DisneyParksLIVE cameras will be there to live stream the amazing moment!

The #DisneyParksLIVE stream of the dedication will begin at 9:25 a.m. ET right here on the Disney Parks Blog. A fresh post containing the live stream will appear at the top of the blog at that time.

Pandora – The World of Avatar will give guests the chance to explore an interactive world filled with bioluminescent rainforests, floating mountains and surprising flora. Here, guests can experience Avatar Flight of Passage, an attraction that sends guests flying over Pandora on a banshee, and Na’vi River Journey, a family-friendly boat ride that travels down a mystical river.

Tune in to our #DisneyParksLIVE broadcast on May 24 for a very special look at this new land.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/disneyparkslive-will-stream-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-dedication-live-may-24-at-925-a-m-et/

Who's going to watch?

TCD

Did you see where the DP Blog had 300 guests at Pandora I think last Monday?  Guess I missed that contest also.

12 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Did you see where the DP Blog had 300 guests at Pandora I think last Monday?  Guess I missed that contest also.

Yes.  I am slipping- I missed that one, as well as the meetup they had for the new pirates movie yesterday. 

After not having any meetups all year, they suddenly had three in a two week span.  I signed up on time for the fireworks one, but didn't get in.  I didn't see the signups for the other two until they were full.

I'm guessing they might do something for Cars 3 in the next couple of weeks, so I'll be on the look out.

TCD