It's official the new Avatar land is coming!

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes.  I am slipping- I missed that one, as well as the meetup they had for the new pirates movie yesterday. 

After not having any meetups all year, they suddenly had three in a two week span.  I signed up on time for the fireworks one, but didn't get in.  I didn't see the signups for the other two until they were full.

I'm guessing they might do something for Cars 3 in the next couple of weeks, so I'll be on the look out.

TCD

Do you have an alert system of some sort, or just keep checking the site?

I tried to find an app that would alert me when they posted something new, but couldn't locate any.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually there was a vote and it passed by one vote. Where were you when we needed you? It's all your fault.

#Pandora at night Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't forget these....  

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Do you have an alert system of some sort, or just keep checking the site?

I tried to find an app that would alert me when they posted something new, but couldn't locate any.

My daughters have some way to use twitter to notify them.  Sometimes, the Parks Blog posts something on twitter before they actually post it on twitter, but sometimes its' the other way around. 

But, you really have to be lucky, because these things typically fill up in a matter of minutes.

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

My daughters have some way to use twitter to notify them.  Sometimes, the Parks Blog posts something on twitter before they actually post it on twitter, but sometimes its' the other way around. 

But, you really have to be lucky, because these things typically fill up in a matter of minutes.

TCD

We haven't had any luck since the Halloween Party and that will be 2 years this September.

Son said people were lining up at 1 am to get in both days. They had little time to clean the park because they closed the park at 230 am and reopened at 6 AM. Tonight isn't much better. With 4 hour wait times too... who ever got a fast pass... I'm glad you guys did. I was lucky for cast preview.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Kenny the Pirate posted this on FB this morning...

May 30, 2017 7:34am. A sea of humanity stretches back to bridge waiting on AK rope drop. They really should do the surprise 7am opening through July 4 instead of creating this mess.

18766848_1340155726080615_14844280945298

Someone would have to be "raising the dead" for me to stand in all of that!

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

May 30, 2017 7:34am. A sea of humanity stretches back to bridge waiting on AK rope drop. They really should do the surprise 7am opening through July 4 instead of creating this mess.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Sure hope that is all over by the time we go in February. We are really looking forward to seeing Avatar Land but nothing is worth what is in the picture or 4 hour waits for a ride.

8 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I'm surprised there haven't been people camping out at the gate in tents.  This is insane.

Just wait until Star Wars land opens it will make this look empty.

Looking at these lines has me very nervous.  We were not able to get fast passes since when we made our selections Avatar Land rides were not open yet.  Now I am concerned we will not get to ride the new rides. 

We have plans to be at the park on Monday, June 12 for the Extra Magic Hours opening at 7:00 a.m.  Do you think they will let the general public in early as well that morning or keep it on site guest only?  We are staying at The Fort so I will probably plan to drive to AK that morning since the buses will not get us there much before 7:00 a.m. 

If anyone has suggestions on how they are handling the extra magic hours in relation to Avatar Land opening that would be greatly appreciated.  We hope to hit the 2 rides first then leave the madness to enjoy the rest of the park.  

Are the lines to get into Pandora in general, or just for the rides?

We were there for an AP preview, and my 2 granddaughters wanted Banshees.  At that time there was a line, and GD #2s mom told her she couldn't have one.

Now she earned $$ and thinks we will be able to get to the store and buy one tomorrow or Friday.

We have been trying to tell her we won't be able to get close to Pandora.

They don't have multiple lines do they, ones for rides and one to just explore?

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Are the lines to get into Pandora in general, or just for the rides?

We were there for an AP preview, and my 2 granddaughters wanted Banshees.  At that time there was a line, and GD #2s mom told her she couldn't have one.

Now she earned $$ and thinks we will be able to get to the store and buy one tomorrow or Friday.

We have been trying to tell her we won't be able to get close to Pandora.

They don't have multiple lines do they, ones for rides and one to just explore?

I can only tell you what I saw and experienced on the opening weekend.

For parts of the day, there were lines to just enter Pandora. Really long lines.  But, if you had a valid FP+ that was active for that time, there was a separate line where you could enter Pandora immediately.

Once inside Pandora, if you had a FP, you could go right to the ride entrance to use it. If not, there were long lines just to get to the actual ride queues.

There were also long lines to wait in just to enter the store.

We went back on Sunday night for the 11 pm to 1 am EMH.  There was a line to get into Pandora for that, but it moved quickly.

Even then, there was a line to wait in to enter the gift shop.

We were there on Monday afternoon at about 4 pm, and the gift shop line wasn't too bad.

But then, once you get in the gift shop, there's another line to wait in to adopt the Banshee.

And then a line to stand in to pay for the Banshee.

It will probably be less crazy tomorrow than it will be on Friday or the rest of the weekend.  Maybe they will only have to wait in two or so lines instead of four?

TCD

34 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I can only tell you what I saw and experienced on the opening weekend.

For parts of the day, there were lines to just enter Pandora. Really long lines.  But, if you had a valid FP+ that was active for that time, there was a separate line where you could enter Pandora immediately.

Once inside Pandora, if you had a FP, you could go right to the ride entrance to use it. If not, there were long lines just to get to the actual ride queues.

There were also long lines to wait in just to enter the store.

We went back on Sunday night for the 11 pm to 1 am EMH.  There was a line to get into Pandora for that, but it moved quickly.

We were there on Monday afternoon at about 4 pm, and the gift shop line wasn't too bad.

But then, once you get in the gift shop, there's another line to wait in to adopt the Banshee.

It will probably be less crazy tomorrow than it will be on Friday or the rest of the weekend.  Maybe they will only have to wait in two or so lines instead of four?

TCD

Thanks. I just wish my daughter had let her get one on the preview day, but even then there were about 20 people in line for the rookery.

Up until she earned her own $$ there were no plans to go to AK.  We have FP for MK and my daughter wanted to see Happily.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:36 PM, DisneyVampire said:

According to DS... They were in line as early as 4 am this morning. Even he was told it was supposed to be 8 am last night... instead it was another 630am opening. For some guests.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cra-Z-pants!!!

17 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just wait until Star Wars land opens it will make this look empty.

^^THIS^^

Let's just hope that Disney picks up some tips on crowd management from what's going on with AK right now before SWL opens.

9 hours ago, weekender said:

Do you think they will let the general public in early as well that morning or keep it on site guest only? 

Normally only on site guests are let in for A.M. EMH.  Has anyone heard any differently re: Pandora?

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've seen a few reports that the late night EMH haven't been terrible for lines.

What you experienced with the shops sounds exactly like what happened when they opened the first Harry Potter at UO. People waited hours just to buy stuff.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, weekender said:

Looking at these lines has me very nervous.  We were not able to get fast passes since when we made our selections Avatar Land rides were not open yet.  Now I am concerned we will not get to ride the new rides. 

We have plans to be at the park on Monday, June 12 for the Extra Magic Hours opening at 7:00 a.m.  Do you think they will let the general public in early as well that morning or keep it on site guest only?  We are staying at The Fort so I will probably plan to drive to AK that morning since the buses will not get us there much before 7:00 a.m. 

If anyone has suggestions on how they are handling the extra magic hours in relation to Avatar Land opening that would be greatly appreciated.  We hope to hit the 2 rides first then leave the madness to enjoy the rest of the park.  

We have only a few days of data to work with, so things could change, but they seem to be letting all guests in at 7,  then forming separate lines for Resort Guests and regular guests inside the park. There have been lines forming outside the park before 7 am, so I would shoot to get there between 6 and 6:30.  Yes, that's early, but it at least won't be the hottest part of the day, and the sun won't be beating down on you.

That 7 am open is a big help simply because most people won't bother to get up that early while they are on vacation. I also think it's good that you're going on a Monday.

We had FP's for every day of Memorial Day weekend, so we did not have to deal with standby.  From speaking to other guests, the strategy seems to be to hit the river ride first and then proceed directly to Flight of Passage.  The logic is that no matter what you're going to have some wait at FOP, and the standby queue there is much more interesting than the standby queue for the river ride. That strategy makes sense to me, but again, Pandora only opened less than a week ago, and there is no historical data to use.

In case you're wondering about evening EMH's, those were not so good on opening weekend.  We went right before 11 on Sunday night, and had to wait in a line that went almost all the way over the bridge to Africa just to get our MB's scanned and be admitted into Pandora.  That line moved very quickly, but the volume of people made it impossible to ride any rides without really long standby lines.  Fortunately, we were gifted a Rider Switch pass for FOP, so we did get to ride it once that evening.

I think things will calm down by June 12, but it's still going to be busy.  Please report back and let us know how rope drop works for you.

TCD