It's official the new Avatar land is coming!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually there was a vote and it passed by one vote. Where were you when we needed you? It's all your fault.

#Pandora at night Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't forget these....  

1 hour ago, weekender said:

Thanks so much TCD.  This sounds like a plan and we will plan to arrive around 6 - 6:30.  Given that we will just drive over form the Fort as I am sure busses will not be running that early.  I will let everyone know how it goes after the trip to AK. 

Yeah, I wouldn't trust taking the bus.  If it's a 7 am EMH, they probably will have buses running at 6 am, but if you miss the first bus, you won't get there on time.

TCD

49 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

DS said people are lining up at 5 am every day so far to get in. 6 you might be in the back of things. Just a word of warning. I'll have him keep updating me how it is. I know this weekend they are expecting people st 3 am.

As of today, Pandora has been open for 6 mornings. 

I think the 3 am and 5 am arrivals will die down by the time June 12th gets here, but please share any updates your son has.

TCD

As of today, Pandora has been open for 6 mornings. 

I think the 3 am and 5 am arrivals will die down by the time June 12th gets here, but please share any updates your son has.

TCD

We will hope they do... but you know I'll keep everyone updated...

Good thing though they opened ROL dining packages today for the second show until 7/9.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We never had to wait in line to get into Pandora on Sunday or Monday. We did wait 1:30 in the FP line to ride a banshee on Sunday. Then an hour later the FP line was about 40 minutes. On Monday we were on and off in less than 25 minutes. The line for the gift shop was long every time. We did not wait on that.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We never had to wait in line to get into Pandora on Sunday or Monday. We did wait 1:30 in the FP line to ride a banshee on Sunday. Then an hour later the FP line was about 40 minutes. On Monday we were on and off in less than 25 minutes. The line for the gift shop was long every time. We did not wait on that.

You got hosed on Sunday.

We had good luck with all of our FOP FP+'s- all were walk-on right up to the loading area-  until Monday.

On Monday, we loaded pretty quickly.  We could see the CM's are working quicker to do that.  However, right after we loaded into the first pre-show room, a CM came in and apologized and made the whole room unload.  We went back out the way we came in, and were loaded into another pre-show room pretty quickly.  We made it through that pre-show and then went in to the second room. About mid-way through that video, a CM came up to Twin #1 and asked her to come with him.  He pulled her aside to tell her that her ride vehicle was inoperable, and that our party could choose to ride without her or wait to go to another theater.  We chose option two, and were all walked through the ride vehicle room where the CM there told us that we had to exit and come back in through the FP line.  Not cool.  But, he gave us two anytime any attraction FP's for our trouble.  So, we went and had lunch and came back and rode FOP two more times.

Winning.

TCD

7 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

DS report....

Guests even on non-early opening days are still coming in at 5 am. People are not leaving until 230 am.

Thanks for the update.  So are they still letting people in early too or is just when people start lining up?  I hope they are not ignoring the Magic Hours!

Thanks for the update.  So are they still letting people in early too or is just when people start lining up?  I hope they are not ignoring the Magic Hours!

EMH is still being honored ... those are the ones that are showing up at 530....

So if you have early morning.... definitely be prepared.

17 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

EMH is still being honored ... those are the ones that are showing up at 530....

So if you have early morning.... definitely be prepared.

Thanks for the clarification.  Man that is early.  UUUGH!

^ Thanks for sharing that Joe Rohde IG post, Beckers.

I looked at that AMP suit plenty, and never noticed the "weld" marks. It's amazing how much thought went in to Pandora, and how much of the detail probably goes unnoticed and unappreciated.

Seeing that post from Joe reminded me of this old concept art that I saw before Pandora opened.  I couldn't figure out where this was going to be in Pandora, but now I see it shows the bar (Pongo Pongo), and the AMP suit out front, but you can see that the AMP suit is wearing a giant grass skirt.  Which is kind of the idea that Joe is describing about taking something that would evoke fear and making it look harmless:

pongo%20concept%20art_zpspelwswcs.jpg

Personally, I'm glad that they eliminated the grass skirt-that would have looked dumb.

TCD

33 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

^ Thanks for sharing that Joe Rohde IG post, Beckers.

I looked at that AMP suit plenty, and never noticed the "weld" marks. It's amazing how much thought went in to Pandora, and how much of the detail probably goes unnoticed and unappreciated.

Seeing that post from Joe reminded me of this old concept art that I saw before Pandora opened.  I couldn't figure out where this was going to be in Pandora, but now I see it shows the bar (Pongo Pongo), and the AMP suit out front, but you can see that the AMP suit is wearing a giant grass skirt.  Which is kind of the idea that Joe is describing about taking something that would evoke fear and making it look harmless:

pongo%20concept%20art_zpspelwswcs.jpg

Personally, I'm glad that they eliminated the grass skirt-that would have looked dumb.

TCD

It takes a seamstress a long time to make a grass skirt that big.  it's on backorder!

• 3 months later...

One of the few pieces that snl had worth viewing. Weekend update is practically unwatcgable. The skit about people abducted by aliens was pretty funny to.

I use comic San serif a lot.  For no other reason than the name makes me laugh. Sorry to all,the purists out there. I.e., Brick from "The Middle"

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

My daughters judge people by the fonts they use.

So, they all thought it was a brilliant skit too.

TCD

Several years ago I had a "friend" who is a font elitist as well and would rage at Hulk level if he saw Comic Sans on anything.   So, naturally when I found that out, I sent all replies to him in that font.  After two weeks of that I've never heard from him again.  :)

1 hour ago, caveat lector said:

I use comic San serif a lot.  For no other reason than the name makes me laugh. Sorry to all,the purists out there. I.e., Brick from "The Middle"

1 hour ago, bhall said:

Several years ago I had a "friend" who is a font elitist as well and would rage at Hulk level if he saw Comic Sans on anything.   So, naturally when I found that out, I sent all replies to him in that font.  After two weeks of that I've never heard from him again.  :)

LOL x 2!!!

This is one of my favorites re: Comic Sans

633878c34dbbc9b625af1952e4811fc5--lemona