I wanted to know if anyone knows if you can have an outdoor sink that is not hooked to your sewer, just drains to the ground. I have a sink I made that attaches to the side of my trailer and hooks to the faucet on the outside of my trailer. I use it for washing dishes and hands while cooking. the drain just goes under my trailer. most rv parks are ok with this as long asyou are just using it to wash dishes.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you were an alien looking at the earth thru a telescope and saw four legged furry creatures leading two legged hairless ones around by a leash, and the two legged ones function seemed to be to foll

So I think you should use your outside sink. I know it can be very convenient. But to keep from getting a citation I would recommend you attach a drain hose and run it into the provided drain.

its going to be a long line at the dump stations if you have to clean and dispose of the ground! lol there will be a big hole in the asphalt where the sewer connections drip when you disconnect it.

You cannot drain grey water onto the ground at the fort. You can drain it into a bucket and dump the bucket into the sink at the site, or into a comfort station sink.

Not really.  I know folks do it, but it's really not OK.

If you are in a full hookup site with sewer, just bring a longer water hose, so that it drains into the drain pan next to the sewer connection.

The ones at the fort are a steel bowl that have both a sewer connection and a regular drain, so as long as the water hose reaches that, it will be easy.

Where does the food particles/residue go when you drain to the ground? Whenever it ends up, you will have creatures big and small enjoying the free buffet. Best case, you attract a stream of ants for the next camper. Worse case, some animal gets something that is not part of its indigenous diet and becomes ill.

This is how it was explained to me by a campground owner.

True or not, it sounds plausible to me.

I choose not to do it, but to each his own.

it was the lady that answered the phone, and she put me on hold and talked to someone. Im not trying to make a big deal out of this, I just wanted to know if I can use it before I pack it up and bring it with me. I use it all the time when camping for more than just a few days. it makes it easier to wash the larger dishes. the sink in my TH is not very big. in the past i have just used the water hose and washed them behind the trailer.

and for the record I dont think any animals will become ill from eating scraps. LOL most of the time at the rv parks the "wildlife" are rather fat from eating so good.

so yall dont wash your hands with the water hose outside after getting them dirty? or pour out a drink on the ground inside the camp ground?

again Im not talking about dumping out food on the ground. if everyone did that there would be a problem. Im talking about some soap and water.. it is no different than someone washing their car or camper. its just soap and water. 

i wash my hands in my camper sink, dump the drink down the sink.

And when we were camping with scouts without any facilities, after washing the dishes, we dug a hole in the ground and drained the water in the hole, and covered it back up.

and before washing the dishes, we used paper towels to wipe out the dishes thoroughly, (and disposed of the paper towels in the trash, and packed out our trash) so as little as possible was in the wash water.

It's called leave no trace, and being nice to the next folks that come along.

and I would never wash my car or camper at a campground, always wash it at a carwash or my driveway where the water can drain into a storm drain designed for that purpose.

We have an outdoor sink at our house at the lake were I clean fish and scrub big pots and clean my grill grates, etc. I have a strainer in the drain and the water runs out on the ground. I've never had an issue with critters or ants. Fish guts and others junk go into the strainer and then into the trash.

It's not like he's dumping his tanks on the ground.

AGAIN, Im not talking about dumping food all over the place, just soap and water. with all the kids running around a campground im sure a few chips get spilled on the ground, or a coke gets spilled on the ground. and for you to sit here and say you have never poured out a hot coke or some other drink while camping Is bs. just my opinion. IM done with this post. just wanted some info, not tree huggers opinions!!!!!!!

We have an outdoor sink at our house at the lake were I clean fish and scrub big pots and clean my grill grates, etc. I have a strainer in the drain and the water runs out on the ground. I've never had an issue with critters or ants. Fish guts and others junk go into the strainer and then into the trash.

It's not like he's dumping his tanks on the ground.

thanks h2odivers, finally someone with some comon sense. lol

it was the lady that answered the phone, and she put me on hold and talked to someone. 

Sounds like it might have been someone in the Front Office.

The person that would have the definitive answer, and I would think that's what you want and not opinions, is the Executive Housekeeper who is in charge of what we think of as the Fort. I will personally ask him tomorrow.

Who knows, maybe it's ok to do what you want to do. It would be a good thing to know for future reference.

Hi Boatms;  I hope you have a great time and that this issue is the smallest you have.  I like the idea of getting an old garden hose and running it from the outside kitchen to the in ground sink that FW provides.  I did that with my pop ups.  I'm sure you understand that your little grey water discharge is not going to hurt anything but that camp ground has been doing business since the early 1970's and has seen hundreds of thousands of happy campers coming through their gates.  You are right when you point out that chips and drinks have been spilled and others have done it over the years and from what I see the only real damage are the really fat squirels and birds who seem domesticated.  Whiile DW sprays for bugs and traps for rats these Florida bugs have a habit of finding the food scraps and then searching for the source,( your camper).  Many of us who seem to camp a lot have gotten into the habit of trying to leave the camp site cleaner than how we found it.  I always police the area and pick up the cigerette butts even though I don't smoke.  I think the dish water on the ground is falling into that category for many people.  Again I hope you have a great time 

our thoughts and prayers are with the people of OK that were involved in the recent tornados.

The person that would have the definitive answer, and I would think that's what you want and not opinions, is the Executive Housekeeper who is in charge of what we think of as the Fort. I will personally ask him tomorrow.

Who knows, maybe it's ok to do what you want to do. It would be a good thing to know for future reference.

im not sure who she talked to but I told her what I was wanting to do and she confirmed that it was ok. I have tried to find some sort of rules and regs for FW but apparently they dont exist. I have even called several times and asked for a copy, but all they ever say is what is your question.

our thoughts and prayers are with the people of OK that were involved in the recent tornados.

im not sure who she talked to but I told her what I was wanting to do and she confirmed that it was ok. I have tried to find some sort of rules and regs for FW but apparently they dont exist. I have even called several times and asked for a copy, but all they ever say is what is your question.

sorry for the duplicate post.... not sure why it is doing that. there have been several on this topic

It happens to all of us. For me I hit post and nothing happens so I hit post again and that's how you get a double post. I now check by refreshing the page to see if it posted.