• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you were an alien looking at the earth thru a telescope and saw four legged furry creatures leading two legged hairless ones around by a leash, and the two legged ones function seemed to be to foll

So I think you should use your outside sink. I know it can be very convenient. But to keep from getting a citation I would recommend you attach a drain hose and run it into the provided drain.

its going to be a long line at the dump stations if you have to clean and dispose of the ground! lol there will be a big hole in the asphalt where the sewer connections drip when you disconnect it.

It happens to all of us.

No it does not happen to all of us. 

im not sure who she talked to but I told her what I was wanting to do and she confirmed that it was ok. I have tried to find some sort of rules and regs for FW but apparently they dont exist. I have even called several times and asked for a copy, but all they ever say is what is your question.

Because of the severely divided management setup at the Fort, it's sometimes difficult to get a correct answer.

If you spoke to someone in the Front Office, I'd take it with a grain of salt. If it was Housekeeping, I'd go with that.

My guess is the Front Office

Below are the basic rules given to you in the check-in packet upon check-in. However they can't address every circumstance. There are separate sheets with detailed info such as rules for golf carts, fire pits, pet policy, etc.

When driving within the campground, please obey all 
posted traffic signs (such as, speed limits) and watch 
for bicycles, pedestrians, and other vehicular traffic. 
Approved vehicles, carts and recreational devices, such 
as bicycles and Segways, must be equipped with head 
and tail lights to operate after dusk. 

• Any guests visiting the campground must be noted 
on the reservation. Please touch 7-2727 or call 
407-824-2727 to add guests to your reservation. 

• All 3rd party vendors entering the campground must 
be approved Walt Disney World Operating Participants. 
Any exceptions to this policy must be pre-approved by 
management. 

•Quiet Hours: Please avoid unnecessary noise from 
10:00 pm until 7:00 am.

•Weapons: Please do not discharge any type of 
weapon within the Walt Disney World® Resort. This 
includes firearms, air guns, archery equipment and 
fireworks. All weapons must be checked in and 
secured during your stay at Fort Wilderness. 

• Fires: Limit charcoal fires to the charcoal grills. 
Open fires are not permitted anywhere in Fort 
Wilderness. Torches and other burning devices are 
not permitted. 

• Plant Life: Please help us preserve the natural 
beauty of our trees, shrubs, flowers and other plant 
life. Also, please be cautioned that not even Fort 
Wilderness is exempt from a little poison ivy. 

•Wildlife: For your safety, do not try to feed, pet, 
or handle any wildlife. If you should encounter any 
snake, alligator, or other wildlife, please contact a 
resort Cast Member at once.

well lou, the way i look at it this is a very large and busy rv park. they have thousands of people in and out of here each year, and from what I understand keep it up pretty well. I was surprised to hear they dont have the rules posted on the website, nor has any of the employees I have talked to been able to produce any type of rules packet. All I can do is call and ask question and recieve answers from the people answering the phone. Now if the people answering dont know or have the authority to answer questions then they(FW) need to let someone else answer the phone for these issues or publish a set of rules for the park, and add to them as incidents arise. I dont like to ask questions on forums like this because as h2odivers...Ray stated some poeple post their opinions. most of which are incorrect, hence just their opinion, no facts. I have called FW several times to get questions I have answered. this will be my first trip to FW and want to have the best time possible without causing any trouble with the staff at FW nor any other campers. I do appreciate when people like yourself post information on here that is straight from FW check in packet. I dont understand why they cant send me or email me that packet upon request??? I like to be prepared and know the rules ahead of time.

You make a good point about it being like washing the MH at the site. We don't do that much but see it all the time.

There is a difference. As was mentioned in a previous post it is the food particles and the fact that they draw insects and critters

which create a health issue.

I was surprised to hear they dont have the rules posted on the website, nor has any of the employees I have talked to been able to produce any type of rules packet. All I can do is call and ask question and recieve answers from the people answering the phone. Now if the people answering dont know or have the authority to answer questions then they(FW) need to let someone else answer the phone for these issues or publish a set of rules for the park, and add to them as incidents arise.

Fort Management can be frustrating to say the least. Unfortunately you can call the front desk 5 times in the same day about any given topic and you could very likely get 5 different answers. There have been people that have even called about issues where there ARE published rules/guidelines and they've been given incorrect information.

There is a rules sheet that comes with your check-in packet, but it definitely doesn't address everything.

I agree that it would be nice if they would either publish, or at least provide something like this upon request.  We've gotten extensive rules sheets at other campgrounds that address questions like yours.

Of course even if the Fort did this, you would quickly discover the other funny (and frustrating) thing about the Fort... they very often do not enforce the rules consistently.  What flies one day doesn't the next, sometimes solely dependent upon which CM you happen to be dealing with at the time.

:banghead:

Boatms,

Welcome to Fortfiends, and I hope you enjoy your time here.  There is a lot of GOOD info about the Fort and WDW in general.  There are also a lot of opinions given, mostly from years of experience at the Fort or camping etiquitte (or however it's spelled) that is meant to be informative.  You will also see snarky answers after a good answer is given.  These are usually meant as humor and are often used to change the subject of a thread.   I agree with a PP that some rules are not found in writing or in phone calls, and some that are are not uniformly enforced.  Case in point, wheels off the pavement for GC's or TV's.  Supposed to be a no-no, but it depends on who is patrolling and how busy they might be.

As you have seen, we do not always agree with each other, but we do enjoy each other's company.  You will find that you may not always get a "by the book" rule answer, but maybe a "generally accepted practice" answer.  As you may already know, "Snarky"- the purple flamingo, is the registered trademark of the fortfiends.net,  As such you may get more snarky answers than you expect, but all in good fun.

I personally do not have a open-drain sink and would not have thought ot run a hose to the sewer drain on site.  I had one in a small TT we used once at the Fort for guests, but we quickly sold it before using the sink, and our guest would not use the portapotty. :rofl3:

Ken

Basically, you can (and apparently will) do anything you like. The grey water rule is I believe,a Florida rule, not just a Fort rule. You asked a question, it was answered to the best of everyone's ability, you did not like the answers and became ridiculous with your comments about dumping warm coke on the ground. It is apparent you were not looking for an answer, but validation. The fact that there is, right at the site, the means to dispose of this water properly and not just let it drain onto the soil but you apparently refuse to utilize it speaks volumes. Is that you, Colson? Where ya been, buddy?

Basically, you can (and apparently will) do anything you like. The grey water rule is I believe,a Florida rule, not just a Fort rule. You asked a question, it was answered to the best of everyone's ability, you did not like the answers and became ridiculous with your comments about dumping warm coke on the ground. It is apparent you were not looking for an answer, but validation. The fact that there is, right at the site, the means to dispose of this water properly and not just let it drain onto the soil but you apparently refuse to utilize it speaks volumes. Is that you, Colson? Where ya been, buddy?

Good thing you have a profession where you earn steal people's money while torturing them because you'd starve as a politician.

Good thing you have a profession where you earn steal people's money while torturing them because you'd starve as a politician.

I tell it like it is. I never claim to be diplomatic.

You know you'd love a job like that, Lou.

I did ask if it was OK to use an outdoor sink, not wether or not everyone LIKES the idea. It doesn't matter if you or anyone else LIKES what I do as long as I am following the rules. I dont see a problem putting dish water on the ground as long as it doesn't make a mess of the camp site or my neighbors camp site. Contrary to your belief I DO care about my neighbors. there are several people on here that stated their opinions and not facts. after I called FW and confirmed I can use the sink, some people did not like the answer I received and started bashing me and the staff that answers the phones.

again you are stating your opinion that you think it is a florida rule.... are you sure of that????? how about checking on that before stating your OPINION!!!! and you talk about me doing whatever I want...... LOL thats the pot calling the kettle black

According to this website referring to Florida State Parks:

http://goflorida.about.com/od/campgrounds/a/camping_stateparks.htm

"Gray water and sewage must be dumped in the dump station."

So if you go to any of the FL State Parks, you shouldn't let the gray water run onto the ground.

http://www.title-3.com/TWCs.pdf

I was able to locate this memorandum, which, while dated, does not only define gray water but how it can be transported and disposed of and what to do if it is spilled. As I said, it is dated, but clearly not just my opinion and is more authoritative than any information boatms has offered. Now, boatms, if you can come up with something from the Florida Department of Health that says it is okay to dump gray water directly on the ground, then I guess that would trump my reference. Okay?

After doing some research on this topic I've found that FWG is correct. You can not dump grey water on the ground anywhere in the state of Florida. As a mater of fact you are to even allowed to use a "blue boy" to transport your grey water. There is a group of pop up rv'ers that are trying to get this changed. And according to a article I found Disney seems to be breaking the Florida law by allowing people to use leak proof grey water comtainers. And apparently Disney is lading the way in common sense in the use of grey water container

This is part of the article I found.

The good news here is, that the State of Florida is closing in on a rules change that will allow for the use of portable gray water containers. While the new rule has not been issued yet, it should look something like this... It must be specifically designed and sold for holding and transporting wastewater, and must have a tight-capping lid and watertight connections that under normal use will not leak or spill.

Oddly enough, the powers that be are enforcing these rules, but only in specific parks. Though it should be the same everywhere, some parks such as the campground at Disney are requesting campers to utilize leak proof gray water containers in order to do the obvious, prevent the stuff from being spilled or leaked onto the ground. Leave it to a commercial enterprise to do things the logical way.

http://www.gonecamping.net/stories/fl_graywater.html

So I think you should use your outside sink. I know it can be very convenient. But to keep from getting a citation I would recommend you attach a drain hose and run it into the provided drain.

Best post in the whole thread.

Are you likely to attract the rodents that are my tablecloth in April? Yes

Case closed.

You have a rodent pelt tablecloth??? I wasn't aware the fort sold them. How did I miss this?

Wait just a gosh darn minute here... I need to hear about that before this case is closed...

You have a rodent pelt tablecloth??? I wasn't aware the fort sold them. How did I miss this?

Wait just a gosh darn minute here... I need to hear about that before this case is closed...

Ha ha ha! ATE my tablecloth.... I typed wrong. Sorry to get you excited. We actually had something eat tons of holes in our tablecloth overnight. I guess there were crumbs on it or something. Perhaps it was just really tasty cotton.

Ha ha ha! ATE my tablecloth.... I typed wrong. Sorry to get you excited. We actually had something eat tons of holes in our tablecloth overnight. I guess there were crumbs on it or something. Perhaps it was just really tasty cotton.

The squirrels ruined "momofmany" Christina's double stroller going after the food spills and crumbs in February.