• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you were an alien looking at the earth thru a telescope and saw four legged furry creatures leading two legged hairless ones around by a leash, and the two legged ones function seemed to be to foll

So I think you should use your outside sink. I know it can be very convenient. But to keep from getting a citation I would recommend you attach a drain hose and run it into the provided drain.

its going to be a long line at the dump stations if you have to clean and dispose of the ground! lol there will be a big hole in the asphalt where the sewer connections drip when you disconnect it.

Yes, it seems that kitchen sink water is considered black water.  If that is really the case, shouldn't ALL campsites have a sewer drain, because as tenters, even though you might not have a toilet, you will still be washing dishes.  And according to those other rules, carrying your dishwater to a drain in an open container would also be a no no.  And if you happened to spill any of it, the campground is supposed to 'treat' the area, and possibly disposing of the soil, and sealing off the area from all contact for 24 hours! wow

now we are getting somewhere. thank you for posting all the links to FDH and the code on grey water. that is what I was looking for.... black and white documentation on the rules and regs, not someones opinion on how sick the native animals will get if they eat a crumb off the ground. lol 

So the way I read it even if I ran a hose to the sewer I would still be in violation of FHD codes. I understand it has to be a sealed system, without any leaks.

thanks

ftwildernessguy, and Big Kahuna aka John for posting the links for the codes.

I am NOT going to use my outdoor sink in Florida. lol  so all of you can rest easy now and unbunch your under garments lol  JK :flush2: 

Yes, it seems that kitchen sink water is considered black water.  If that is really the case, shouldn't ALL campsites have a sewer drain, because as tenters, even though you might not have a toilet, you will still be washing dishes.  And according to those other rules, carrying your dishwater to a drain in an open container would also be a no no.  And if you happened to spill any of it, the campground is supposed to 'treat' the area, and possibly disposing of the soil, and sealing off the area from all contact for 24 hours!

its going to be a long line at the dump stations if you have to clean and dispose of the ground! lol there will be a big hole in the asphalt where the sewer connections drip when you disconnect it.

Good Lawd, who wrote those regulations?  For thousands of years humans simply pooped on the ground, and now we are at the point where if we accidentally spill some water that has a few coffee grounds and toast crumbs in it we need to cordon off the area and call in the military?  I completely understand the reasoning for having waste water regulations, but those seem a bit extreme. 

Good Lawd, who wrote those regulations?  For thousands of years humans simply pooped on the ground, and now we are at the point where if we accidentally spill some water that has a few coffee grounds and toast crumbs in it we need to cordon off the area and call in the military?  I completely understand the reasoning for having waste water regulations, but those seem a bit extreme. 

I obviously have to agree with you. lol you have to use common sense here. I mean all the animals poop and pea on the ground and we sometimes step in it. but that don't kill us! I agree we need waste laws, if not there would be raw sewage on the ground everywhere.

I have always why it is so bad for us to put waste on the ground, but we use animal waste to fertilize our gardens????? chew on that for a while

I obviously have to agree with you. lol you have to use common sense here. I mean all the animals poop and pea on the ground and we sometimes step in it. but that don't kill us! I agree we need waste laws, if not there would be raw sewage on the ground everywhere.

I have always why it is so bad for us to put waste on the ground, but we use animal waste to fertilize our gardens? ???? chew on that for a while

There is something in human waste that is dangerous, not sure what, but animal waste is OK.  I don't remember the specifics, but that was the gist of our Leave No Trace classes.

There is something in human waste that is dangerous, not sure what, but animal waste is OK.  I don't remember the specifics, but that was the gist of our Leave No Trace classes.

That right there shows you what is in our diet these days.  When we hunted and gathered our poop was no different from other animals.  But the Pop Tarts and Ding Dongs are so full of chemicals our poop is now considered a biohazard.  Oy.

, ....not someones opinion on how sick the native animals will get if they eat a crumb off the ground. lol 

So, your information was wrong and the opinions were correct. Yet you use a "thank you" post to take a shot across the bow. Oh wait, I'll type "lol" which makes it OK.

No need to alienate members of a discussion board that you've chosen to join.

I firmly believe laws are made with good intentions, but often go off track because the people who make them are misinformed or maybe just plain stupid or naive. Take the dog poop situation. Granted, nobody likes to step in dog poop or deal with somebody elses dog poop in their yard, but the solution in my community is to take a biodegradable substance like dog poop, put it into a non biodegradable plastic bag, seal it in another non biodegradable plastic bag, and put it in a landfill where it will sit for a thousand years. Oh yeah. That makes sense. But it is the law and we are stuck with it.

If you were an alien looking at the earth thru a telescope and saw four legged furry creatures leading two legged hairless ones around by a leash, and the two legged ones function seemed to be to follow the 4 legged ones around waiting for them to poop so they could pick it up, who do you think the alien would think was in charge on earth?

If you were an alien looking at the earth thru a telescope and saw four legged furry creatures leading two legged hairless ones around by a leash, and the two legged ones function seemed to be to follow the 4 legged ones around waiting for them to poop so they could pick it up, who do you think the alien would think was in charge on earth?

You always get to the real truth!!!

I think we've reached the point of no return on this thread meaning that we've gone so far off topic that we'll never be able to return to the original topic.

And besides, I think the OP is so ticked off at us that he or she will probably end up on that other board and agree with Bama ED that we're all foul, loud mouth, drunks that SMB.

Oh well, easy come, easy go.

Man, I was out of town for a couple of days, and I missed this whole lively discussion.

One point made is that the Fort management really needs to do a better job communicating the rules for the campground.  There are some in the check-in materials, but I am not aware of a comprehensive list that exists in any form accessible to guests.

So, boatms, you want to use a sink that drains on the ground?

There's a guy who brings a full sized residential dishwasher to the Fort every Thanksgiving.  His group camps in the partial hook up sites, and they drain the dishwasher right on to the ground.  They make no effort to hide it, and none of the idiots who run the Fort do a thing about it.  Here's a link that has some photos in case you don't believe me:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8297-tcd-is-thankful-for-thanksgiving-the-fort-2012/?p=226255

If this guy can drain his dishwasher on the ground, then why can't boatms drain his sink on the ground?

TCD

Man, I was out of town for a couple of days, and I missed this whole lively discussion.

One point made is that the Fort management really needs to do a better job communicating the rules for the campground.  There are some in the check-in materials, but I am not aware of a comprehensive list that exists in any form accessible to guests.

So, boatms, you want to use a sink that drains on the ground?

There's a guy who brings a full sized residential dishwasher to the Fort every Thanksgiving.  His group camps in the partial hook up sites, and they drain the dishwasher right on to the ground.  They make no effort to hide it, and none of the idiots who run the Fort do a thing about it.  Here's a link that has some photos in case you don't believe me:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8297-tcd-is-thankful-for-thanksgiving-the-fort-2012/?p=226255

If this guy can drain his dishwasher on the ground, then why can't boatms drain his sink on the ground?

TCD

People drink and drive all of the time and get away with it. It doesn't make it right..........

People drink and drive all of the time and get away with it. It doesn't make it right..........

I didn't say it was right.

In fact, I think the dishwasher thing is outrageous.

But, the OP asked if he could use his outdoor sink at the Fort, and the answer is nobody will stop him.

Just like all the 7 year olds driving golf carts.  But that's another matter.

TCD