• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you were an alien looking at the earth thru a telescope and saw four legged furry creatures leading two legged hairless ones around by a leash, and the two legged ones function seemed to be to foll

So I think you should use your outside sink. I know it can be very convenient. But to keep from getting a citation I would recommend you attach a drain hose and run it into the provided drain.

its going to be a long line at the dump stations if you have to clean and dispose of the ground! lol there will be a big hole in the asphalt where the sewer connections drip when you disconnect it.

I didn't say it was right.

In fact, I think the dishwasher thing is outrageous.

But, the OP asked if he could use his outdoor sink at the Fort, and the answer is nobody will stop him.

Just like all the 7 year olds driving golf carts.  But that's another matter.

TCD

Point taken.

Like when I reported the 10 teens driving erratically around on a GC and the ranger told me "We told them to stop and they didn't, theres nothing we can do about it."

Point taken.

Like when I reported the 10 teens driving erratically around on a GC and the ranger told me "We told them to stop and they didn't, theres nothing we can do about it."

Yup.

And they don't do a darned thing about the non-Fort guests who freeload at the pool every weekend and summer holiday.

But, God forbid you park one tire of you vehicle off of the pavement.  You'll probably have at least two rangers and maybe the manager come by your site to harass you.

TCD

Here's the real problem as I see it. The Fort is built on reclaimed swamp land. The water table is not feet below ground, but inches. If you don't believe me, just loop around the 1900 loop sometime. Crisscrossing the Fort is a series of drainage canals leading to Bay Lake. The sink crap you drain goes right through that sandy soil into the water table, into the canals and lakes. What lives there? Gators, fish, frogs, nutria, ducks...FWGuy calls this lunch. I really don't want to grill up a nice gator tail only to have it taste like bacon and soap.

After reading the procedure for cleaning up a spill, I believe that Disney is wasting the talents of Dave using him as a photographer. With his experience in the Air Force handling fuel, he certainly knows more than a little about containing hazardous waste. I am going to suggest to Bobby he be reassigned to the Fort, given his own golf cart complete with rakes, shovels and hazardous waste bags, and let him cruise the campground looking for gray and/or black water offenders.

After reading the procedure for cleaning up a spill, I believe that Disney is wasting the talents of Dave using him as a photographer. With his experience in the Air Force handling fuel, he certainly knows more than a little about containing hazardous waste. I am going to suggest to Bobby he be reassigned to the Fort, given his own golf cart complete with rakes, shovels and hazardous waste bags, and let him cruise the campground looking for gray and/or black water offenders.

My first assignment would be to clean up the 3000 loop. I hear its nasty back there. Who knows what Ill find in that hot tub...........

Here's the real problem as I see it. The Fort is built on reclaimed swamp land. The water table is not feet below ground, but inches. If you don't believe me, just loop around the 1900 loop sometime. Crisscrossing the Fort is a series of drainage canals leading to Bay Lake. The sink crap you drain goes right through that sandy soil into the water table, into the canals and lakes. What lives there? Gators, fish, frogs, nutria, ducks...FWGuy calls this lunch. I really don't want to grill up a nice gator tail only to have it taste like bacon and soap.

so when yall wash your vehicles, trailers, and other toys in florida yall contain all of the soap and runnoff so it doesn't make the wildlife talte like "soap". and when you wash off all of the love bugs off the front of your truck the wildlife taste like "love bugs" if that is the case can yall try some other flavors, you never know you may be on to something. naturally flavored alligator! lmao

My first assignment would be to clean up the 3000 loop. I hear its nasty back there. Who knows what Ill find in that hot tub...........

I am considering hosing off everyone before they get into the hot tub. I can use that green hose Disney puts on everybody's site for this purpose.

I can see where I could use a few things at the Fort (with little and big ones in diapers) but a dishwasher is not one of them.  We don't have that many dishes to wash at one time.  And in one of the pictures there appears to be a refrigerator.....is that really it?

Now a commerical size washing machine and dryer with somewhere (leagl) to drain it would be wonderful.  Those little ones they put in RV's did not work for us so we got rid of it and replaced it with a small refrigerator.   A dishwasher....are they serious????? :gaah:

Sounds like it might have been someone in the Front Office.

The person that would have the definitive answer, and I would think that's what you want and not opinions, is the Executive Housekeeper who is in charge of what we think of as the Fort. I will personally ask him tomorrow.

Who knows, maybe it's ok to do what you want to do. It would be a good thing to know for future reference.

I had a face to face conversation with a "Custodial Guest Service Manager" who reports to Sam Gates. Sam Gates is the Executive Housekeeper and he is a direct report to Doug Lord, the Wilderness Region GM.

The housekeeping department manages and maintains the Forts cabins and campsites.

I told him that a camper had called and was told that it would be ok to dump the grey water from an outdoor sink into the ground at the campsite. He informed me that who ever he spoke to was probably not even at the fort and may have been at a call center located off property. In other words, disregard that answer.

I understand that the OP has posted that he or she has decided against it but for future reference the answer to me was a very emphatic NO and that outdoor sinks are to be drained into the sink provided at the site.

This is not an opinion, not a judgement, just a direct answer from a Fort CM in a position of authority.

I had a face to face conversation with a "Custodial Guest Service Manager" who reports to Sam Gates. Sam Gates is the Executive Housekeeper and he is a direct report to Doug Lord, the Wilderness Region GM.

The housekeeping department manages and maintains the Forts cabins and campsites.

I told him that a camper had called and was told that it would be ok to dump the grey water from an outdoor sink into the ground at the campsite. He informed me that who ever he spoke to was probably not even at the fort and may have been at a call center located off property. In other words, disregard that answer.

I understand that the OP has posted that he or she has decided against it but for future reference the answer to me was a very emphatic NO and that outdoor sinks are to be drained into the sink provided at the site.

This is not an opinion, not a judgement, just a direct answer from a Fort CM in a position of authority.

Now ask if we can bring a dishwasher!

So you dial a number thinking you are actually talking to a CM at the Fort, but in reality you are talking to Marge in Hoboken, NJ.

"Hey Marge, can you tell me if it is okay to dump my dishwater on the ground at FW?"

Marge: "Hmmm. I'm not sure but I will ask an expert. Hold on. HEY - DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN DUMP DISHWATER ON THE GROUND AT FORT WILDERNESS????"

Raul the Janitor at the water cooler: "Sure, why not?"

Marge: "Well, I talked to an expert and he says go for it. Have a zipadee doo dah day!"

so did you ask this GM why they would have a call center offsite and not have the customers call directly to FW for questions and concerns? and mention that we need some way of actually reading a set of rules and regs for FW online or mailed to us when requested.

I cant even find a place on the disney website to input comments such as this.

Now ask if we can bring a dishwasher!

Of course you can bring a dishwasher. Just make sure he's in this country legally.

So you dial a number thinking you are actually talking to a CM at the Fort, but in reality you are talking to Marge in Hoboken, NJ.

"Hey Marge, can you tell me if it is okay to dump my dishwater on the ground at FW?"

Marge: "Hmmm. I'm not sure but I will ask an expert. Hold on. HEY - DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN DUMP DISHWATER ON THE GROUND AT FORT WILDERNESS? ???"

Raul the Janitor at the water cooler: "Sure, why not?"

Marge: "Well, I talked to an expert and he says go for it. Have a zipadee doo dah day!"

He said that you may, not that you are talking to Marge.

Considering how large WDW is, assume that Raul may be answering Marge's questions that day.

so did you ask this GM why they would have a call center offsite and not have the customers call directly to FW for questions and concerns? and mention that we need some way of actually reading a set of rules and regs for FW online or mailed to us when requested.

I cant even find a place on the disney website to input comments such as this.

It wasn't the GM that I talked to. He was probably in his ivory tower at the WL.

I'm curious as to why someone needs the rules, that are published, before check-in. Disney doesn't post rules for the other resorts as well, so they're consistent. 

I think most campers have a natural sense of what is acceptable and what is not. Whether or not they follow that sense, is the question.

I'm sure some people do drain outdoor sinks into the ground. Is there a difference between doing that and doing some of the other things that people have pointed out, probably not, but putting aside those arguments of why it should and shouldn't be allowed, it just doesn't sound like something that should be done considering that there is clearly another convenient option.