Great Smokey Jellystone, Gatlinburg, TN

Guest starbuc71

This is a great, small campground.  Owned by a wonderful family.  We enjoyed our visit here, despite the cold rainy weather. 

2597894530101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

Creek behind our site:

2307459130101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

2599526500101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

2101984920101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

Dave, Have you ever stayed at the smoky bear campground across the street from jellystone?  We try to go there every other year and love it.  We will be at smoky bear for 8 nights 4th of July week.  I'll have pics to follow after the trip

Dave, Thanks for posting these pics. We are planning a trip to the Smokies this September (as long as the price of gas doesn't hurt our plans too much), and still are deciding on a CG. This was one high on the list. I am glad you enjoyed it. Do you happen to remember if the trolley that travels through town stops at this campground? Thanks! :banana:

Dave, Thanks for posting these pics. We are planning a trip to the Smokies this September (as long as the price of gas doesn't hurt our plans too much), and still are deciding on a CG. This was one high on the list. I am glad you enjoyed it. Do you happen to remember if the trolley that travels through town stops at this campground? Thanks! :banana:

No, I don't think so.  That's the one thing with this campground.  It's pretty far outside of town.  If you are looking for a nice campground in Gatlinburg itself, check out Twin Creek resort.

Funny, Twin Creek and Twin Mountain were the other 2 CGs on our list. I didn't think that Yogi had the shuttle but thought I might just have overlooked it on their site. Thanks for the info! We are planning on heading there in September and hear it is a beautiful area to visit!  :)

Guest starbuc71

Taking the house critters for the first trip of the year April 15 to the 18th, how far of a drive is it to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?

From Jellystone, it's probably about a 15 minute drive to downtown Gatlinburg and around 25 min to piegon Forge.  In my opinion, jellystone or smoky bear campground (which are across the street from each other) is well worth the drive to be out of the hustle and bustle of all the tourist

http://www.greatsmokyjellystone.com/

http://smokybearcampground.com/index.shtml

Dave, Have you ever stayed at the smoky bear campground across the street from jellystone?  We try to go there every other year and love it.  We will be at smoky bear for 8 nights 4th of July week.  I'll have pics to follow after the trip

No, never have.  Will have to check it out.

We have stayed her twice.  Sorry, I don't think I have any pictures.  It is a wonderful campground and the people who run it are so nice.  Go by the office and get the sheet of paper that lists all the fun things to do in the area.  It's really neatly done and they point out how much "Free" stuff there is to do. 

We would have stayed again this past fall, but hubby just wanted to stay in Gatlinburg.  We love our camping trips, but he just wanted to park the car and be able to go walk around, come back to our condo to rest and go back out again. Hmm wonder if he got spoiled staying at the Fort last winter when we went to Disney and got to do that.

• 7 months later...

We returned to this Jellystone this past weekend for fall break, and I have several additional pictures to share for anyone considering this campground.

We had a nice, large site (for a commercial campground in the Smokies) this trip. Our neighbor's site was angled so that we had lots of space, right along the creek.

P1020063.JPG

The view behind our site was beautiful. We really enjoyed sitting along the creek every day, and having campfires here.

P1020067.JPG

P1020065.JPG

P1020066.JPG

The laundry room is nice and clean.

P1020163.JPG

Bathrooms are pretty nice too.

P1020165.JPG

P1020166.JPG

The showers have a private changing area outside of the actual shower.

P1020167.JPG

And this was a nice feature, not only for tent campers but I used it to wash large items like our crock pot.

P1020164.JPG

And they have activities for the kids through the week...especially on weekends.

P1020070.JPG

P1020071.JPG

We really enjoyed our stay! There are a LOT of campgrounds in the area to choose from...some nice and some not so nice. We drove through the Smoky Bear campground that Starbuc stays at and it looks very nice as well, including having paved roads which would be nice with a stroller. Our little ones still enjoy seeing Yogi, and we do enjoy the family that owns the Jellystone, so will likely return here but also would like to check out Smoky Bear someday.

We returned to this Jellystone this past weekend for fall break, and I have several additional pictures to share for anyone considering this campground.

P1020071.JPG

Whoa!

Hang on a second there Mister!

This isn't a substitute for a trip report, is it?

If that is what you are trying to do, I object!

And, I have a question: what is "Yogi Bear on the Loose?" - it's listed as one of the activities.

TCD

Whoa

Hang on a second there Mister

This isn't a substitute for a trip report, is it?

If that is what you are trying to do, I object

And, I have a question: what is Yogi Bear on the Loose?- it's listed as one of the activities.

TCD

Yogi Bear was definitely on the loose...and you will have to wait for the trip report to hear about it. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Reviving this thread to let everyone know that Gatlinburg Jellystone is now Imagination Mountain Camp Resort. The Landry's still own it so I don't see much in the way of changes (which is good) just no more Yogi bear.

http://www.imaginationmountaincamping.com