It seems the the sites which are the most expensive, and also those in most demand, are the ones with the most complaints! Keep fighting for those premium sites, guys!

• 11 months later...

Cottontail Curl #1501

• Privacy/Noise: The back of the site is separated from the bus stop/Big Pine Dr by only a matter of feet and inadequately screened on most sides. Terrible site for light sleepers.
  • Small: It is a tent/tent trailer site but still cramped with the street on one side and neighbor on the other. Very little vegetation to separate the sites.
  • Backing: Easy.
  • Buggy: Can become swampy after a rain shower.
  • CS Walk: Average.
  • Shade: Average.
  • 4 months later...

Heading down in a week!   I would like to request a spot so I don't wind up with "that spot"  (you know, the one that sucks!).  I have a preferred reservation, so 100/200/300 loops.  Looks like I might want to request the following from the app due to ease of access and rear location of the utilities:  104,109,216,220.  Any advice would be appreciated!  TIA!

Heading down in a week!   I would like to request a spot so I don't wind up with "that spot"  (you know, the one that sucks!).  I have a preferred reservation, so 100/200/300 loops.  Looks like I might want to request the following from the app due to ease of access and rear location of the utilities:  104,109,216,220.  Any advice would be appreciated!  TIA!

Personally, I don't have a problem with any site on 100 or 200. 

Have a great trip!

TCD

Heading down in a week! I would like to request a spot so I don't wind up with "that spot" (you know, the one that sucks!). I have a preferred reservation, so 100/200/300 loops. Looks like I might want to request the following from the app due to ease of access and rear location of the utilities: 104,109,216,220. Any advice would be appreciated! TIA!

Do you have a pet that will restrict you to the 300 loop?

Do you have a pet that will restrict you to the 300 loop?

Good question!

If you land in 300, I'd recommend steering clear of the inside sites.  If you don't need a really long site, most of the outside sites ought to fit the bill.  The ones along the canal are nice.  The only ones I'd steer clear of are the ones that back up to the road towards the end of the loop - especially since there's a bus stop right there.

Good question!

If you land in 300, I'd recommend steering clear of the inside sites.  If you don't need a really long site, most of the outside sites ought to fit the bill.  The ones along the canal are nice.  The only ones I'd steer clear of are the ones that back up to the road towards the end of the loop - especially since there's a bus stop right there.

We were in 302, which was an outside site, kinda backing up to the playground.  Really hard to get into.  One tree had quite a lot of damage from people hitting it.  It was the 2nd one on the right when you turn in, and interestingly the site next to us (1st one) was empty the entire week, and this was a busy spring break week.  

No pets, and I have decided (against my nature!) to just see what happens. I understand that when I get there, they will assign me a site. Can I request to change it if, after consulting my handy dandy FortFiends app, I don't think it would be the best for us?

When you get there the site will already be assigned. You can ask while checking in if any of your "preferred" sites are available or just drive to the loop, take a look. If you don't like it you can call the desk from the comfort station house phone and ask to be moved to any open site you see that you like.

No pets, and I have decided (against my nature!) to just see what happens.  I understand that when I get there, they will assign me a site.  Can I request to change it if, after consulting my handy dandy FortFiends app, I don't think it would be the best for us?

We've done it.  In fact we checked the app while checking in and knew right away we wouldn't fit in the site they assigned us.  We asked what else was available, consulted the app to check out the other options, and picked one that worked.  Easy peasy!