Day Care at Best Friends

We'll be at the Fort with our two small dogs from July 5 - 12 (bad time, I know...).  We have a hybrid TT.

I'm concerned about leaving the dogs in the trailer with the AC on vs just taking them over to Best Friends every day for day care.

Do they need reservations for day care, or just boarding?  I tried to call, but couldn't get through.

By the look of the satellite map, I'll have to drive them there every day.

I think some days I'll want to the try the trailer, and some days I'd like to use Best Friends, but I want to stay flexible.

We won't be hanging around the camp much.  We'll be at the parks, all day, every day.

What are your experiences with keeping the dogs in the trailer vs using Best Friends day care?

Thanks.

Chris

Welcome to the boards!

I think the kennel stays pretty busy, and you will need reservations for whenever you want to use them- even just for day time.  You need to bring proof of shots, too.

Yes, you'll have to drive there.

While a hybrid is better insulated than my pop-up camper, I would be very leery of leaving my dog unattended in a hybrid.  If your AC fails, there could be problems.  In the summer, with no AC, the inside temperature of my camper will surpass 110 degrees easily.  Your dogs would not last long if there was an AC problem for any reason.

TCD

I wanted to see the place, so I toured it one day. It is really top notch.

We wanted to use their service, but apparently the ringer on their phone is turned off. We tried calling 3 or 4 days without success.

The play yard in the back is neat.

Good luck

We have used Best Friends several times when Mickey the Wonder Beagle was alive. He loved it there. He always had ice cream time and at the end of our stay, we paid for a bath and nail trim so he wouldn't be stinky on the drive home. Very clean facility. Reserve day care for your entire stay, but pay day by day and just let them know which days you won't use as you go.