CKCK 6.0-June 11-17 at the Fort...BAM!

I’m also subtitling this TR, “Welcome back, CKCK.”  

Kinda like “Welcome back, Kotter,” except not.  

If you want, you can sing the theme song and think of me.  

Or not.

If you don’t know the theme song, then you fail.  I was barely 1 when that show ended, and I know the theme song.  

Not that I remember it from when I was a baby.  I just know it because I’m me.

Bam.

Some of you may be thinking to yourselves, “self, who is this CKCK guy and what does he think he’s doing with this TR?  I’ve never even heard of this CKCK guy.”  

That’s because CKCK has been incognito for awhile.  

AKA, absent from FF.net.  

doh.

But now I’m back to write this TR.

Some of you may be thinking to yourselves, “self, this CKCK guy is absent for months, then just waltzes in here and thinks he can write a TR.  This CKCK guy is whack.”

Who uses “whack” anyway?  For those of you who thought that, you are officially uninvited from this TR.  

Bam.

So this was our 7th trip to the Fort in the history of us, but this is only my 6th TR.  That’s because I didn’t do one on the first trip.  

Why, you ask? 

No idea.

This was our second annual anniversary trip.  Two nights without the girls, then my parents brought them down, stayed for two nights, then headed to the beach while we stayed at the Fort.

I call that the best of both worlds (see CKCK 3.0).  

As usual, this TR will feature food, stuff, more food, stuff, redheads, and stuff.  Oh, and there will be some extreme accomplishments and heroism.  

No, seriously.  Just wait.  I promise that you will be in awe by the end of this thing.  

I’m going to bring it.

So here we go.  

Day 1: Tuesday, June 11.

9097059954_0cda70e4a3.jpg

DW was womanning the camera here.  Apparently she felt is was important to get the dash for contrast.

9094830761_c5c55490c6.jpg

That RV did not get the memo about getting over to the right lanes.  They ended up pulling in to the Fort after us.  Though they ended up beating us at check in.  More on that in a minute.

9094831583_53ca183ffd.jpg

Bam.

9097061646_76a09f0c86.jpg

I’ve often wondered what would happen if I didn’t stop at the “guard” and just drove up to the check in.  Don’t think I’ll ever find out, but I’m curious nonetheless.  

9094832287_feb4a5c558.jpg

More with the dash.

See how it isn’t that crowded?  We should get through quickly, right?

Looks can be deceiving.  

We the RV on the right ended up pulling into a newly opened lane.  So we pulled in next to the building thing in the middle.

And sat there.

For 40 minutes.  

People who showed up way after us breezed through.  

We were stuck, because there was someone behind me so I couldn’t move.

Awesome.  

It was ridiculous.  

So ridiculous, that when we finally got up to the gate the CM commented on how easy our check in was compared to the last one.  

So he waived the pet fee for our stay.

Bam!  

I should take this moment to mention that we had a couple days of financial winning.  The night before we left I found a check from our mortgage company for over $400.  Turns out it was a refund for something.  It was good for 180 days.  It was day 120.  

Bam!  

Not sure how I ever missed that in the first place, but I learned to read through my mail more carefully!  

We had booked a full hookup and requested 1800.  We ended up getting 1832...the site across from where we were at Thanksgiving.  

Here is what our Thanksgiving site looked like when we pulled in this time:

9094832821_cf435d0094.jpg

Lots of water.  Back at Thanksgiving our friends had a tent set up right where all that water is now.  

Luckily our site was high and dry.  I never did take a pic of it.  I’m dumb.

We got started setting up (much easier without the girls), but had to stop because the rain came in.  It poured hard for awhile, but luckily the first thing I did was put out the awning because I was afraid the rain would start.  It finally let up so we headed out on a recon looping mission.

Here are a few sights from our first outing:

I call this, squirrel in a golf cart.

9097063066_5098d8b2a9.jpg

I call this, no idea what’s going on.

9094834083_4cc1658c83.jpg

Whatever it was, they were definitely not afraid.

This is looking down towards the pool:

9097064928_3bc35dcfff.jpg

These poles were not there the last time we were at the Fort (Thanksgiving).  Frankly, I’m glad they are there, because they help keep the dummies from driving their cars down there.  Later that night I saw someone who tried to do just that, and then was trying to turn around.  

doh.

We grilled in the light rain, and enjoyed our new fake grass carpet thing that we got for Christmas.

9097065618_00e86d12ae.jpg

It’s good because it covers up sand. 

I hate sand.  I have declared war on sand.  I also got a new electric blower to help me in my crusade against sand.  I will win.

9094836343_1069177019.jpg

I got smart and brought a grill with us this time.

9097066810_9e150775e3.jpg

Enough of those ridiculous, flat bottomed Fort grills.  If the air can’t circulate below the coals, you’re never going to have a good fire.  Plus, people put gross things on those grills.  I am now officially anti-Fort grills.

9097067428_dacdc0a529.jpg

9094838287_d8e7b3c2c4.jpg

9094838803_5069bcb7bd.jpg

9097069088_714f9b3ecd.jpg

See the rain in our lake?

A bonus for our new fake grass carpet thing?

9094841063_a99eec5a82.jpg

It makes cool footprints in the rain.

If there are more than one footprint, why wouldn’t you just say feetprint?  Not sure, but for some reason the grammar police won’t allow it.  

Weird.

We’ll take a short break here.  After dinner we were heading to the Wilderness Lodge to have drinks and dessert in Territory Lounge.   

Bam.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My kids are from the UPS man, I don't judge

I’m also subtitling this TR, “Welcome back, CKCK.”     Kinda like “Welcome back, Kotter,” except not.     If you want, you can sing the theme song and think of me.     Or not.   If you don’t know the

I think it was Ben Frankin who once said, "Magic Cookie Bars are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". 

I'm in.

We drove past you on our golf car while looping, but you were messing with your black tank hoses and stuff.  Didn't think you wanted to bothered at that time.  Didn't see you out again after that.  My bad for not just bugging you the first time.

I'm in.

We drove past you on our golf car while looping, but you were messing with your black tank hoses and stuff. Didn't think you wanted to bothered at that time. Didn't see you out again after that. My bad for not just bugging you the first time.

Admit it, you just didn't want to shake his hand while he was messing with the stinky slinky lol

I'm in.... And 1st...  Yeah braggin rights !   Thats right !  Go CKCK !!

You were on top of that one.  Almost like you knew it was coming.  Were you stalking me?

I'm in.

On page one!

BAM!

Woo Hoo!

TCD

You're doing a good job of learning my minimalist syntax.  

Yeay for pics! 

You're telling me.  I was sweating it there for awhile.

Yeah for pics! I like the feet!

Thanks.  Feet actually gross me out.  Werid.

I'm in!

POW

Now that's one I hadn't thought of.  Pow.  I'll have to consider that one.

Can't wait to read more!!!!!

Glad you're here!

mmmmmm, the fort :clint:

Do you eat the Fort?

Thanks, I heard you the first time.

Okay, really.  I got it.

MAYBE I SHOULD TYPE LOUDER.  I GOT IT.  THANKS.

I'm in and probably on the first page.

Nice tents and chairs.

Bam.

You know that's right.  Go Dawgs!

Rodetonowhere was trying to make sure they closed out page 1 lol

He was just excited to post.  

I'm in!

Bam!

Bam is right.

I've just missed page 1 and we all know who's to blame.  Thanks a lot, rodetowhere!  :rofl3:

Page two is kinda like page one.  Except not.  By the way,on this trip I held up my end of a food deal we made a long time ago.  Okay, maybe not so much a deal as it was a conversation about certain food and which was better.  We'll get to that later.

No wonder they had a hard time finding them.   :rofl2:

Enjoying the report so far!  BAM!

This world wide web thing is so confusing...

I'm in too.

We also have one of those fake grass rugs.

How long do we have to wait for the pictures of your adorable girls? I hope it is not too long.

The girls came down Thursday, so we have a little bit to go!  

I'm in too.  Great start!

Glad you're here!

I'm in.

We drove past you on our golf car while looping, but you were messing with your black tank hoses and stuff.  Didn't think you wanted to bothered at that time.  Didn't see you out again after that.  My bad for not just bugging you the first time.

Bummer!  I don't remember seeing your site.  Where were you?

Admit it, you just didn't want to shake his hand while he was messing with the stinky slinky lol

I don't blame her!