CKCK 6.0-June 11-17 at the Fort...BAM!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My kids are from the UPS man, I don't judge

I’m also subtitling this TR, “Welcome back, CKCK.”     Kinda like “Welcome back, Kotter,” except not.     If you want, you can sing the theme song and think of me.     Or not.   If you don’t know the

I think it was Ben Frankin who once said, "Magic Cookie Bars are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". 

Excellent report.  I also see what all the fuss is about.  Those two girls are super cute.

However, all due respect, I have 2 young children.  I know the truth.  Its why they keep cute dangerous animals behind glass.

Thanks for the food info, what's a snack without mouse crap?

ZOINK

Thanks!  Yeah, the girls take a good picture, but steer clear if you catch them in a sassy mood...which they get from their mother.

My kids are from the UPS man, I don't judge ;)

Did you get free shipping?

What the heck?  Mouse poop?  I'm not paying for mouse poop.  I can get that for free out in the barns.

My goodness, they only get cuter each trip.  You are in some serious trouble when your girls discover boys.

It was Mickey's.

Yeah, not looking forward to teenage years so much.

Now we're into a TR !   The stars have arrived !   By the way...  what exactly was the mouse poop?  Burnt sesame seeds?   I also gave you props on the bourbon..   See I'm just mostly in it for the adorable redheads..

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Stars.  Who cares about me?

Mouse poop was sesame seeds.  

Great safari!  We had one a couple of years ago where the rhinos pulled the "You shall not pass!" routine and we had to wait.  They were so close when we finally went by that I'm pretty sure I could have reached down and touched one.  ...if I were completely nuts.  8)

Love Maharajah Jungle Trek.  I could spend ages watching the bats (DH waits outside-LOL) and could stare at the tigers even longer.

Those mouse poop noodles actually look pretty tasty.  Have to give them a try next time.

BAM!

The safari is growing on me.  If they would cut out the rest of the fake information I would be happier.  Like the reserve opening in 1971.  Right.  They talk to us like we're stupid.  

Right now I am saying to myself..."self, this guy is hilarious!"

I also have a redhead courtesy of the UPS man. They're the best! 

Thanks!  Glad you're reading along!  

Excellent update.

Was the Mouse poop officially licensed by Mickey?

I agree that you may have issues when those younglings get to dating age.

It is nothing that can't be fixed by you answering the door wearing a Glock though.

Beckers--I snarfed hot coffee through my nose when I read the UPS man comment.  It actually helped me clear my sinuses though so no worries.

Thanks.

It was official Mickey Mouse poop, so yes.

I definitely have plans for when the girls start dating!

That cupcake looks yummy.

I believe that crane is for building the new Lion King pavilion because the current one is going to be torn down for Avatar Land.

More reds please!!!!

Yum... La Cava and Tutto Gusto!!!!

Interesting.  Maybe I won't have to walk as far to see the Festival of the Lion King now.  

Yada, yada, yada, heard it and seen it all before, but I'll endure it for this.

You mean you're actually admitting to reading this? 

I'm honored.  

Whoa-

You are bringing the heat!

I just caught up, and have many comments, but I will limit them to 15:

1.  I have the exact same watch as you.  I wonder what that means?

2. I knew about the Victory Garden, but not the war vignettes.  I learned something new!

3.  Both you and the Mrs. did good at the animation class.  Those are two good Daisies.

4.  I agree with your cart driver PSA.  Things have gotten bad at the Fort in that regard.

5.  I always wondered if citronella candles were OK.  They sell those bucket candles in the Trading Post for Pete's sake.

6.  I don't know what they are building there in Epcot, but if I had three guesses, I would guess a new Starbucks twice.

7.  I can't believe that you found that $10 bill I lost at Epcot!  I'll get it from you the next time I see you.

8.  That Panini y'all got there in Italy is the strangest one I've ever seen.  Although the truth is I haven't seen too many.

9.  That Rainbow over Epcot Torch Thingy photo is one of the nicest rainbow over Epcot torch thingy photos I've seen.

10. You sure saw a lot of cardinals that day you went to AK.  It probably means something. Some kind of sign.

11. I don't know what that crane is doing at AK, but if you gave me three guesses, I would use two to guess that they're building a new Starbucks.

12.  I never knew the elephant pool had steps.  That makes two new things I learned from your report.

13. Nice Rhino photo.

14. Never knew that the Fort was dissed at the AK bus stop.  Three things!

15. BAM!!

TCD

1.  Great minds think alike

2.  Bam.

3.  Thanks!  I can't wait to do more.

4.  I'm about to make that my new mission.  War on dumb GC drivers/scooter riders/skateboarders.

5.  Dumb.

6.  Probably right.  I just read that Starbucks increased their prices again.  Who can afford that stuff anymore?

7.  I'll make sure I save your money for you.

8.  I thought Paninis were supposed to be flat.  Guess not in Italy.

9.  I know right!  Best one I've ever taken too.

10. Go Cards.

11. They're probably going to raise their prices again to pay for all the new ones.

12. Bam.

13. Thanks.

14. Bam.

15.  BAM!!!

Still Day 3:

Okay, NOW this is the moment you have all been waiting for.  Arrival of reds.  

We’ll pick it back up with their lunch at Cracker Barrel.  For the past two years now they have stopped here for lunch.  For some reason the girls were really excited about it.  

After they ate the girls wouldn’t leave because they wanted to finish coloring their pictures for Mommy and Daddy.

9097154438_e497c6777e.jpg

Check out DD5’s shirt.

9094925373_47d291d791.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the Fort...

9097156154_3e1a312aa0.jpg

Check out this steering wheel cooler:

9094926979_a80922776f.jpg

That’s pretty slick, but I don’t know I would ever really use it.  I’m never in the GC for so long that I need to take a bunch of drinks with me.

9097157576_f48b4ebc10.jpg

9094928239_2b5c22b2a0.jpg

This is standing just at the entrance of the dog walk in the back of the 1800 loop.  

You can’t see the tower, but you can see the lower portion of it.  Maybe with binoculars you will be able to see the yuppies on the lazy river from here.

booo.

Finally it was time for the redheads to arrive.  

9097159894_68b25e8631.jpg

I have to say that while DW and I LOVE the calmness and time to ourselves at the Fort when the girls are not there, it just isn’t the same without them!  They are so excited to be at the Fort that the entire time they are not there we’re just wishing that they were!

Here’s an action shot of my battle with sand:

9097160474_81b06e7181.jpg

That electric blower equals me winning.

While my mom was busy orchestrating a tornado in our camper, PaPa and the girls went for a bike ride/dog walk.

9094932205_5768dec4eb.jpg

9094932715_360202d1f9.jpg

See the look on DD3’s face?

She does that a lot.

On this occasion it was because we were coming to the realization that she thinks she is ready for a big girl bike like her sister.

She has reminded us several times since then.  

It has become a tradition for us to grill steaks on the first night that my parents arrive at the Fort.  This was their third time coming to the Fort with us and we have grilled steaks every time.  I don’t care what stands in our way, we are grilling steaks no matter what.  

Here was the scene last year in the 1600 loop:

7185276829_816f5597b9.jpg

Luckily the scene was much different this year:

9094933851_793a728fb0.jpg

Way better.  And using my own grill was way better.

And we had that thing loaded down.

Anyone agree that everything tastes better at the Fort?

I love grilling, and we grill often at home.

But it’s so much better at the Fort.

9094936017_f66a1c7a6c.jpg

9094936807_8be2373126.jpg

9094937301_7c20741e88.jpg

Our plan was to go to the campfire sing-a-long.  

That is one of our favorite things to do at the Fort.  

The girls love it.  DW loves it.  Even I love it.

HOWEVER, several things can ruin it for me.

1. Bugs.  Add in heat, humidity, and sweat and I become a bug magnet.  That’s never fun.

2.  The wrong cowboy.  My favorites are Cowboy Anthony and Cowboy Mark.  Chuckwagon Bill (aka Jackwagon Bill or Suckwagon Bill) can ruin a night.  He’s a nice person and a fine guitar player/singer, but a bad sing-a-long leader.  Luckily we ended up with Cowboy Anthony so we were okay in that area.

3. And finally, annoying people that don’t understand personal space.

Guess which of those we encountered on this night.  

If you guessed number 1, then you would be right.  That was a gimme.  Luckily I was rocking bug spray so it wasn’t too bad.  

If you guessed number 2, then you weren’t paying attention because I already said it was okay.

If you guessed number 3, then you have arrived at another of my pet peeves.  

The great thing about the Fort is that you can get away from all of the crowds of the parks and all the people that do not understand personal space and courtesy.  

Or so I thought.

A ginormous family, that very well may have not been from around here, came up and decided to sit on the same bleachers as us. 

They could have sat anywhere on the bleachers, as we were the only people on them.

Where did they sit?

DIRECTLY behind and all around us.  

Awesome.

I was poked by a marshmallow stick not once, but twice.  Both times were accidents, but annoying nonetheless.  Only one time did the kid say sorry.

I was bumped.  

I was breathed on. 

I was irritated.

But I kept my mouth shut so as not to ruin anyone’s night (except my own).

I did take pictures.

9097167474_ddb4b98beb.jpg

9094938629_5346915a99.jpg

The worst thing about it was that we never made it back to the campfire during this trip.

booo.

We’ll take a break here.  Tomorrow morning we head to Epcot rope drop so MaMa and PaPa can finally ride Soarin’ and then we head over to the MK.  

And I have some really good redhead pictures in store.

Bam.

Beckers--I snarfed hot coffee through my nose when I read the UPS man comment. It actually helped me clear my sinuses though so no worries.

Oh that sounds painful!! Sorry lol! I'm only speaking the truth! Now if they were from the Fed Ex man, we'd probably have an issues in the House of Beckers.

Great update!

I hope Redhead #2 gets that new bike soon.  From the look on her face you will be in big trouble if that bike is not delivered soon.

I'm glad the weather was much better for grilling on this trip.

Sorry about the campfire experience.  Personally, I don't like any of the cowboys or jackwagons- so it doesn't matter to me who's playing.

Sorry about the guests who crowded you in the bleachers.   There are a lot of folks who don't understand personal space, and they seem to be attracted to Disney World for some reason.

TCD

Sorry about the guests who crowded you in the bleachers.   There are a lot of folks who don't understand personal space, and they seem to be attracted to Disney World for some reason.

TCD

I knew there was a good reason not to go to the campfire!

Rude people SMBP.

Redheads do not.

What was the movie?

Steaks at the Fort. If there was beer involved it can't really get any better.

Thanks for your support!

We didn't stay for the movie.  Not sure what it was.  

WooHoo!  Redheads!

Great update.

Sorry about the crowds at the campfire.  

Looking forward to more.

Thanks!  I was sorry about the campfire too.  I think my favorite time for the campfire is Thanksgiving simply because the weather is so much better.

Great update!

I hope Redhead #2 gets that new bike soon.  From the look on her face you will be in big trouble if that bike is not delivered soon.

I'm glad the weather was much better for grilling on this trip.

Sorry about the campfire experience.  Personally, I don't like any of the cowboys or jackwagons- so it doesn't matter to me who's playing.

TCD

Yes, you're right.  She has been reminding us about it too.  Great, just means one more large item to load!

Why don't you like the cowboys?  At first the cheesy jokes and so forth bothered me, but I got over it and appreciate it for what it is now.  

With rude groups I find it best to kill one early.  It sets the tone...

Harsh, but effective.

Steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, and fried potatoes....  Our first night at the fort meal also....   We jokingly call it the offical supper of summer...

Yes!

3 words...

Farting.At.Will.

I don't fart.  

The Redheads are adorable.  Looking forward to more! 

Thanks!  

Yeah, you better get that bike ASAP.

Your daughters are so freaking cute. Seriously.

Thanks!  I got lucky I guess!

Day 4: Friday, June 14

Okay people, here we go.  Sorry for the delay.  

This installment will take us through Epcot.

First things first.  

Morning visitors.

9094939171_4386148299.jpg

I know you’re all, “CK2, you’ve lost your dang mind.  There are no visitors in that pic.”

And then I’m all, “Bam!”

9094939539_a8b72b8de1.jpg

Time to go:

9094939865_45cbd5bd8e.jpg

I still haven’t figured out how PaPa can sit like that and get away with it.

9094940303_2d3acc5871.jpg

It was an 8:00 rope drop at Epcot, and the entire purpose of going there was so MaMa and PaPa could finally ride Soarin’.  

Literally that was the only reason.  MaMa thinks that “Disney” is only “Disney” if you’re at the MK, but she wanted to ride Soarin’.  

So we set off early so we could knock it out and get over to the MK.

9097170602_d7b5afa00d.jpg

Wow that’s early for vacation.

9097171224_2211727d07.jpg

I’m really digging the new paint jobs.  I wish there were more of them around.

I call this “sunrise over the stables with clueless wife and cute redhead.”

9094942301_38d28ca6a5.jpg

I call this “.......”   Okay, I’m not sure what to call this.

9097172778_0d56e4e3a7.jpg

9094943285_28ac7aa939.jpg

Love this one:

9097173820_88e173ec5a.jpg

Also one of my favorites:

9094944335_fb1008e40e.jpg

We made it to Epcot without issue.

9097174698_c7791c4dc1.jpg

So the plan was to book it back to the Land with PaPa and Redhead 1 to grab Soarin’ FPs and then jump on the ride.  That way MaMa, DW, and Redhead 1 could then ride it using the FP.  

Redhead 2 is not 40”.  She’s handling it well, but she’s definitely ready.  She often will remind us that if she eats all of her dinner it will help her grow so she can ride Soarin’.  

While we were on Soarin’, MaMa and DW took Redhead 2 over to Nemo.  She likes Nemo, and it’s a good thing for her to do while big sis is on Soarin’.

Great plan, right?

Wrong.  

The geniuses who run the parks like to give us Magic Hours, right?  But then they don’t open everything.  Like I recently found out that at a MK magic hour they don’t open the entire west side of the park.  

Well, apparently they do the same crap at Epcot.

WHAT THE FORT?

How are you going to open up early, but then be selective with which rides you’re opening?  Not everyone at magic hours wants to ride just those rides.  

Like little redheads who aren’t quite tall enough yet.  

So you guessed it, Nemo was not open.  So now Redhead 2 doesn’t have a ride while she waits on big sis.  

Are you kidding?

So they headed over to Figment.  

Not open.

So they figured they would just jump on Living With the Land.  

Oh wait, it was broken.

SERIOUSLY?

At that point Redhead 2 was getting frustrated.  All she wanted to do was to get on something.  My wife asked the CM there if there was anything for a little girl to ride, and she told her she could go ride Spaceship Earth.

. . .

Really?  

So they’re going to walk all the way back to the front of the park just to ride that crappy thing?  

And what they are trying to say is that the only thing open for a munchkin before 9:00 was Spaceship Earth?  Are you kidding me?  

They ended up getting some food at Sunshine Seasons and waiting for us to get off.  

Disney needs to get their crap together.  I think it’s ridiculous to not open everything at magic hours.  ESPECIALLY in a park that is only half open until 11:00 anyway!!!!!!!!!!  Management needs to walk around and see the little kids who are not 40” wait on their big sisters riding the big fun rides while they can’t get on anything because nothing for them is open.  

For the record, morning magic hours suck.  They COULD be really good, but they aren’t.  They’re just a ploy to make Disney look like they are giving resort guests these big perks, but they only are perks if you’re running in to ride the big things like Soarin’, Test Track, TSM, RnR, Everest, etc.  If you are a 38.5” redhead, they suck.

Once MaMa, DW, and Redhead 1 went in with the FPs, it was close to 9:00 so PaPa, Redhead 2 and I headed over to Nemo that was now open.  When we got off we met the other red and they played in the shark thing for a minute.

9094945965_59fe31b7ca.jpg

I had two extra Soarin’ FPs that I had gotten on purpose just so I could make someone’s day later.  I found a nice looking couple and made their morning.  

Probably my favorite thing to do while in the parks.  

We were about to leave the park but Red 2 still was wanting to ride something else, and since we all felt bad about earlier we did one more.

9097176428_10f1a8709f.jpg

Possibly my least favorite ride of all of WDW.  

I can’t wait for Figment to become just that.

A figment of my memories.

9094948451_d7fbed282a.jpg

Still rockin the caladiums.

9097179500_4be4b06c8a.jpg

9094950501_0aed4fcea5.jpg

Since we wanted to get to the MK quickly we were forced to Monorail it.  That meant that whenever we got back to the Fort I was going to have to take a bus to the front to get the GC.  Oh bother.

We thought we were going to have our side of our car to ourselves.

9097181740_f63d580042.jpg

Or not.

This is after a family with three kids came in:

9097182232_48248a34f2.jpg

And can you guess what one of those kids did the ENTIRE ride to the TTC?

You got it.

Screamed his head off.  

The parents were nice enough and tried to get him quiet, but it didn’t work.  

It was a great ride.

We have been fortunate that our girls have never decided to show out in public.  Team CKCK doesn’t play like that.

That wraps up the first part of our morning.  Next we will hit the MK.  I have tons of pics (more than you probably care to see) plus our favorite lunch in the MK that ended up being a little different than normal.  We’ll also see something that I didn’t think happened any more in the MK.

Bam.

More awesome pics!  I saw someone refer to the new paint scheme recently as looking like a giant Diet Coke can.  I kinda see that, but I do like the new look.

Big bummer for Redhead #2.  For sure riding the Damn Judy Dench History Extravaganza is no substitute for Nemo when you're 38.5" tall.

Sounds like Epcot is not a prime AM EMH park.  You'd think with so few rides it wouldn't be all that hard to pull off having them open an extra hour.

But if you thought that, apparently you'd be wrong.

No rides for RH#2 SMBP.

It is awesome that she wants to eat good so she can ride Soarin'.

Imagination SMB.

I agree Disney needs to get there crap together in Epcot. One whole side of "Future" World SMBP.

Looking forward to Redheads at the MK.

I think Aaron summed this up!