CKCK 6.0-June 11-17 at the Fort...BAM!

Great!  I am all caught up!  Refund from Disney?  BAM!

Butterfinger cupcake?  Double BAM!

Obnoxious people not neccesarily from around here invading personal space?  BAM! could possibly take on a whole new meaning.  ;D  J/K  maybe.

Seriously, you have a beautiful family and I'm glad you were having such a great time!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My kids are from the UPS man, I don't judge

I’m also subtitling this TR, “Welcome back, CKCK.”     Kinda like “Welcome back, Kotter,” except not.     If you want, you can sing the theme song and think of me.     Or not.   If you don’t know the

I think it was Ben Frankin who once said, "Magic Cookie Bars are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". 

Sounds like Epcot is not a prime AM EMH park.  You'd think with so few rides it wouldn't be all that hard to pull off having them open an extra hour.

But if you thought that, apparently you'd be wrong.

The few rides thing is a big problem at Epcot.

The recent thread you started about the new Fastpass+ attractions illustrates this.

Here's the list of the Epcot attractions which will offer Fastpass:

Captain EO

Journey Into Imagination with Figment

Living with the Land

Mission: SPACE

Maelstrom

Soarin'

Spaceship Earth

Test Track Presented by Chevrolet

The Seas with Nemo and Friends

How lame is that?

They have just 9.  Which, unless I'm missing something is all the attractions in Epcot (other than the movies at the various World Showcase countries and the America robot show). (ETA- I forgot about Universe of Energy- I'm surprised they didn't add that snoozer to the list).

And 7 of those 9 are almost always available with little or no wait any time of the year.

For morning EMH (and rope drop), there are just two things everyone is trying to do.  That means you're lucky to get one or two rides before the wait times immediately balloon to near an hour, where they will remain for the rest of the day.

Evening EMH's at Epcot are awful too (for riding attractions).  There are only two rides there anyone wants to ride, and each will have an hour plus wait all the way through any evening EMH.

Although DHS and AK each have fewer Fastpass+ attractions listed, the ones that they have listed are legitimately popular rides, not just attractions that Disney scraped up to make a list like they did for Epcot.

Here's a link to Mo's thread about the Fastpass+ attractions in case anyone missed it: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10332-fastpass-attractions-and-experiences/

TCD

Epcot needs:

To bulldoze imagination, energy, wonders of life and build new attractions in their place.

They should also get rid of the outpost in world showcase and add another country.

Spaceship earth also smb but they can keep it so Dave doesnt go through Damn Judi withdrawals.

I am a fan of Ms. Sundee, who was unceremoniously given the old boot many years ago.

That woman could warble a tune like you've never heard.

And that is not a compliment.

TCD

Ms. Sundee?  Sure it wasn't Sundae?  That would be way cooler.

Wish I could have heard her.  

Or maybe not.

Did she play anything with her warbling?  

Grrrrr.

I feel bad for Redhead #2.  She gets the little bike and got up early to go to Epcot for nothing.

I like PaPa's style.

Jorts.

Crossing the legs.

He has a certain panache.

I guess that's where you get your love of hoity toity tea?

TCD

Yeah, but Redhead #2 gets to be my daughter, so that has to make up for a little, right?  

Yeah, PaPa's style.  Not so sure about that.  Don't think I can pull off his panache.  And despite said panache, I think you could find him eating GAG and beer while the ladies are at HTT.  

As far as the leg crossing goes, it's always been a mystery to me.  He used to be a basketball coach and I would often look across the court and see him on the bench sitting like that.  And somehow, it didn't look weird.  Not sure how he pulled that off.  Oddly enough my good friend, Hector, has recently adopted that sitting style.  He says as we get older it works.  

I'm not on board.

I'm with MaMa.  Only the MK is really Disney.  Everything else is just fluff.

I can agree with that, but there's too much to experience at WDW to just stay at the MK which is what she would do if she had her way (especially now that she's ridden Soarin' she has no need to go anywhere else!)

Good job with all the pictures. That stinks for little red. Nemo should be open since it appeals to younger kids. Z hates when he can't ride something. He will get to ride Soarin and TT for the first time in a few weeks. He's super excited.

Thanks!  We're hoping #2 will be 40" by Thanksgiving.  If not, we're putting her in some platform shoes!

More awesome pics!  I saw someone refer to the new paint scheme recently as looking like a giant Diet Coke can.  I kinda see that, but I do like the new look.

Big bummer for Redhead #2.  For sure riding the Damn Judy Dench History Extravaganza is no substitute for Nemo when you're 38.5" tall.

Sounds like Epcot is not a prime AM EMH park.  You'd think with so few rides it wouldn't be all that hard to pull off having them open an extra hour.

But if you thought that, apparently you'd be wrong.

Thanks!  Diet Coke or not, I like them.  

Damn Judy Dench is no substitute for anything.  It's a close second behind Figment for me.

No rides for RH#2 SMBP.

It is awesome that she wants to eat good so she can ride Soarin'. 

Imagination SMB.

I agree Disney needs to get there crap together in Epcot.  One whole side of "Future" World SMBP.

Looking forward to Redheads at the MK.

Thanks, thanks, and thanks!

Great!  I am all caught up!  Refund from Disney?  BAM!

Butterfinger cupcake?  Double BAM!

Obnoxious people not neccesarily from around here invading personal space?  BAM! could possibly take on a whole new meaning.   ;D  J/K  maybe.

Seriously, you have a beautiful family and I'm glad you were having such a great time!

I know; refund?  Weird.

Thanks!

I am in an all caught up. I love the reds.

Glad you're here!

The few rides thing is a big problem at Epcot.

The recent thread you started about the new Fastpass+ attractions illustrates this.

Here's the list of the Epcot attractions which will offer Fastpass:

Captain EO

Journey Into Imagination with Figment

Living with the Land

Mission: SPACE

Maelstrom

Soarin'

Spaceship Earth

Test Track Presented by Chevrolet

The Seas with Nemo and Friends

How lame is that?

They have just 9.  Which, unless I'm missing something is all the attractions in Epcot (other than the movies at the various World Showcase countries and the America robot show). (ETA- I forgot about Universe of Energy- I'm surprised they didn't add that snoozer to the list).

And 7 of those 9 are almost always available with little or no wait any time of the year.

For morning EMH (and rope drop), there are just two things everyone is trying to do.  That means you're lucky to get one or two rides before the wait times immediately balloon to near an hour, where they will remain for the rest of the day.

Evening EMH's at Epcot are awful too (for riding attractions).  There are only two rides there anyone wants to ride, and each will have an hour plus wait all the way through any evening EMH.

Although DHS and AK each have fewer Fastpass+ attractions listed, the ones that they have listed are legitimately popular rides, not just attractions that Disney scraped up to make a list like they did for Epcot.

Here's a link to Mo's thread about the Fastpass+ attractions in case anyone missed it: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10332-fastpass-attractions-and-experiences/

TCD

That's interesting info.

I often wonder if WDW management sits around a table and snickers when they make dumb decisions about things.  

-"Hey, I have a great idea...let's make Figment a Fastpass+ ride so all those dumb saps will come and actually ride it.  That way we don't have to tear it out!"

-"That's a great idea.  Those suckers will never see it coming!"

Epcot needs:

To bulldoze imagination, energy, wonders of life and build new attractions in their place.

They should also get rid of the outpost in world showcase and add another country.

Spaceship earth also smb but they can keep it so Dave doesnt go through Damn Judi withdrawals.

Agreed with all points, especially how Dave loves Judy Dench.

I think they should remove the crap in universe and recline the seats and let it just be a napping ride. Dark, quiet, a/c. Yes please.

I have never been in there.  Maybe I will have to go now!

Caught up.  I got nothing.  Just enjoying the TR.

Splat.

Thanks for having nothing.  Appreciate the thought you put into that.  

Keep it coming!

Still Day 4:

MAGIC KINGDOM.  

All was well now.  MaMa was finally in the MK after her Soarin’ experience.  

I will first share with you some of my mom’s photography.  

Picture of people’s backsides and a tree in a yellow shirt:

9097182800_e661582e1d.jpg

Picture of an actual tree and random people:

9094953121_e50423e6a0.jpg

Picture of guy in hat:

9097184858_23b3a60de0.jpg

Picture of guy in blue’s backside and Mayor in background:

9097185222_c27b07f99e.jpg

I’m not really sure what she was going for in those.  Maybe it’s part of her “random people” montage.  

I headed back to get some FP’s for Ariel (woo hoo) and then over to meet to ride some stuff.

9094959301_24da5a5bc4.jpg

Couldn’t pass that photo up.

By the way, TCD beat me to the punch on Ariel.  He recently commented on how nice and air conditioned that ride is.  

I agree.  In fact, I especially like the part when the car goes “underwater” because there is extra wind blowing on you at that point. 

I could ride that ride over and over again just for that.  

Anyway...

I had to stop to get some pics through the peepholes into the 7 Dwarfs ride.

9097191238_b333851a39.jpg

9097191584_f4cde741f1.jpg

9097192036_56f1938855.jpg

9094963503_2a0a32bcc2.jpg

9094963895_fb45bceb13.jpg

MaMa caught me.

9097189802_2c3592c221.jpg

By the way, I think the peephole things were great ideas.  

9094967941_af80273dc9.jpg

Dumbo.

9097198240_5067c139dd.jpg

Then MaMa gave the camera to Redhead #2:

9097199564_5d512ece4e.jpg

9097200348_7a0a3bd449.jpg

Then we went to Goofini/Barnstormer whatever it’s called now.

9097200794_58677ebfc3.jpg

9094973585_3ab717c985.jpg

9097204656_da0f03dcff.jpg

I like those two pics because they were simultaneous.  

9094975289_e95f6c332a.jpg

I was hoping to get that pic, because last year we got this one:

9153948767_e4d80fa2a6.jpg

Of course we had to stop to get some LeFou’s Brew:

9094977475_7f2e4fe1be.jpg

9097208362_207c719485.jpg

9094978939_f179868625.jpg

When we left there I saw all these people with umbrellas waiting to get in Beast’s castle.  

9097210256_f76f5862b2.jpg

Kind of weird that it wasn’t raining, and all these people just happened to have the same  umbrellas.  

Weird.

Oh wait,

9097211012_f0e2cd685d.jpg

They’re from one of the Disney golf courses. 

And there is a CM handing them out to all the lunch guests waiting to get in.

?

Bam!  You mean they were actually thinking about all the guests waiting an hour to get in to a lunch counter service place?

Weird.

Rockin’ the caladiums still:

9097218138_9fa36b0b40.jpg

9097221726_1601fe44d3.jpg

I like that pic.  Not only is Redhead #2 working it, MaMa is sticking her head in.  funny.

I’m nearly at my photo limit here, so we’ll take a break.  

In the next update we’ll see something that I have never seen before and that I didn’t even know they did any more.

9097204656_da0f03dcff.jpg

I like those two pics because they were simultaneous.  

9094975289_e95f6c332a.jpg

In the next update we’ll see something that I have never seen before and that I didn’t even know they did any more.

Those are the most adorable little ARMS UP ever!!

You know you've got a little Theme Park Warrior™ in the making there.   8)

Some day in the not too distant future she'll be showing you a photo of her and her FrIENDS like this...

P1000920-Copy-Copy.jpg

Love Mama photobombing Redhead #2 on the carousel.

Hey-  Where were those umbrellas when I was roasting in that BOG line on June 8?  I guess it's a good idea.  But, the Imagineers blew it on this part of the restaurant.  I understand that for the aesthetics of the place, the bridge can't be covered, but couldn't those geniuses figure out a way where guests don't have to roast in an inferno and/or get soaked by summer storms and/or struck by lightning before delivering their money to the cashiers inside?

You are correct about the AC on the LM ride, especially at that point where the car turns backward, and you go "under water."  It's like a waterfall of cold air.  Awesome.  Even that grouch DaveInTn would enjoy that aspect of the ride on a hot day.

I hope there are some more photos from MaMa's montage coming up.  She definitely has the gift.

TCD

I've used my umbrella there every time and the cast members always tell me what a great idea it is. I'm happy to see they are doing this. I always feel guilty standing there all shady and cool while everyone else bakes. Last time they were handing out water which was really nice. Standing on that bridge really is like stepping onto the surface of the sun. I don't know what it is, but definitely the hottest point of the park.

A tree in a yellow shirt.  Classic.

Squish

Glad you appreciate good art.

Squish?

Oops, almost forgot...

FA-TANG!!!

That was a close one.

Great update.

Mama photobombing was funny.

She has a certain knack.

I hope there are some more photos from MaMa's montage coming up.  She definitely has the gift.

TCD

I think you're in luck.

No umbrellas for us either. :(

Love the photo bombing.

Great updates.

WHAP

Thanks!

And whap?  That's kind of right there along with squish.

I've used my umbrella there every time and the cast members always tell me what a great idea it is. I'm happy to see they are doing this. I always feel guilty standing there all shady and cool while everyone else bakes. Last time they were handing out water which was really nice. Standing on that bridge really is like stepping onto the surface of the sun. I don't know what it is, but definitely the hottest point of the park.

Maybe you were the influence that started the umbrellas! 

And I never feel guilty about things like that.  If I'm smarter than other people, tough cookies!

Great update!  Obviously Red Head #2 on the Carousel with a photobombing MaMa steals the show! :)

Yeah.  I think it was because MaMa likes the carousel better than anyone else.  She probably thought she was the only one on the ride...

Hey, somebody didn't get the arms up memo:

bigthunder_zps8d4f9741.jpg

TCD

Took the words right out of my fingers!

CKCK...    Love that MaMa  is having fun with the Reds...    There is nothing better than grandparents having fun with grandkids...  The girls are blessed !

Yes they are!!!