CKCK 6.0-June 11-17 at the Fort...BAM!

Still Day 4:

So what have I never seen before?

A “Renaissance band” coming through Fantasyland.  

9097227786_2c32a18f82.jpg

Huh?

And Lady Whatsherface and Squire Dude.  

9095000673_00295ab456.jpg

At the stone. 

With the sword.

I had heard they used to do a Sword in the Stone show here, but had never seen it and frankly thought it was gone.

Apparently I was wrong.

They sure enough did it.  

They pulled out some guys from the crowd to try, and were on their way to picking a kid to finally pull it, but we were tired of waiting so we left to go eat.

9095000157_ac116381d6.jpg

See the guy playing the clarinet with his tongue out?

I’ve seen him before:

8378885842_5fe873a8b9.jpg

There he is playing in the saxophone quartet on Mainstreet last October.

Bam.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I really want a playing gig at WDW.  When I retire, hopefully that’s where you’ll find me.  

So it was lunch time.  

And where do we usually eat lunch in the MK?

Sleepy Hollow.

duh.

The girls split a nutella fruit waffle.

9097231030_f2ee446631.jpg

9095001519_a3340e019e.jpg

Redhead #2 had tapped out by this point, and she didn’t eat much of hers.  

And what did we get?

9097231674_390cabc860.jpg

9097231990_c26a5d2640.jpg

Notice the baked potato in that shot?  DW likes to walk over to Liberty Square Market thing and get a potato and sometimes corn on the cob.  

Way better than anything else we could choose from.

Back to the waffle sandwich.  

We have gotten these every trip for the past 4 trips to the MK now.  

The chicken is definitely not as big as it first was.

The problem this time was that it was WAY spicier than normal.  

We like spicy things.

But this was almost too spicy to enjoy on a hot summer day.

Don’t know what’s up with that.

The redheads were definitely ready for a break, so we headed to the restrooms and then made our way out.  MaMa and PaPa stayed to do a few things by themselves then would come back over the Fort later.

I really dig all the flowers everywhere, and found a good shot here.

9097234040_1eeda4dfe6.jpg

9097236972_f71c9a6e39.jpg

Outside Casey’s the piano dude was playing.

9095007941_e46624b9a3.jpg

9097237310_3c685d8605.jpg

MaMa wanted to buy the girls something, so we were wandering in the shops.  

We got trapped by the Move It Shake it Suck it parade.

9097240070_ffa8ddac32.jpg

I hate that thing.  

Ever noticed this piano?

9095011759_f54317ff07.jpg

Steinmouse & Sons. 

They crack me up.

We ended up in the Chapeau hat shop.

9097242436_56911b04b5.jpg

9095014675_3f867312a7.jpg

We finally ended up with these:

9095015367_0c07c6e5a0.jpg

Here was the scene on the boat to the Fort:

9097249094_9af906b323.jpg

On the ride I noticed something:

9095020069_5457513b36.jpg

See it?

9160472509_7a8cc470e4.jpg

It’s just a simple tower.  Either cell or weather sirens or something.  

But it’s kind of camouflaged.  I noticed one earlier in the trip over by Animal Kingdom but I didn’t get a pic.  It was even more camouflaged to look like a tree (though a super tall one).  

So I had an idea.  Why don’t they just camouflage the entire 4 seasons?  Sounds like a great idea to me.  Then we wouldn’t even notice it.  They could paint it to look like the sky.  

Or, they could just tear it down instead.

And that ends our looooong morning.

I’ll also end this update.  

But I will leave with you another MaMa montage of random people and objects in the middle of her pictures of other things.

Guy in a Green Bay shirt in front of the Crystal Palace:

9097245862_16bb585e39.jpg

Foliage:

9095016875_cc3b05839f.jpg

Pole in front of the Liberty Bell:

9097247032_5a2bf36f84.jpg

Photographer’s backside (not Dave’s...that would be awkward)

9097253918_b144bd2afc.jpg

Dapper Dan guy squatting:

9097255118_fd6b0d4eb0.jpg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My kids are from the UPS man, I don't judge

I’m also subtitling this TR, “Welcome back, CKCK.”     Kinda like “Welcome back, Kotter,” except not.     If you want, you can sing the theme song and think of me.     Or not.   If you don’t know the

I think it was Ben Frankin who once said, "Magic Cookie Bars are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". 

I must get one of those Nutella waffles. Must. I'm penciling it in for Day 1 so I don't miss it like usual.

Z asked what I was looking at, and I told him Disney pictures. He saw the reds and said he needs to meet them because they have red hair like Ariel.

Still Day 2:

At some point during this day (don’t remember when) we went looping and came across MicknMin setting up camp.  We had a nice chat and found out that they were waiting on a GC key because they didn’t have theirs.  Luckily they had a daughter who picked one up on the way down.

That is one of my biggest fears...forgetting the GC key, charger, or more importantly forgetting the keys to the TT.  

!

It was great meeting you! You'll be happy to know that there is now a spare GC key attached to the MH keychain. Hopefully that will never happen again!

Great trip report so far! I'm starting a list of all the foods that I need to try on my next trip after reading your report. Yum!!!

I had heard they used to do a Sword in the Stone show here, but had never seen it and frankly thought it was gone.

Apparently I was wrong.

They sure enough did it.  

They pulled out some guys from the crowd to try, and were on their way to picking a kid to finally pull it, but we were tired of waiting so we left to go eat.

We were so surprised to see them doing the sword thing too! We were hoping they would choose our grandson to pull it out, but like you, my son-in-law decided to look for something to eat and when he walked away, we all followed. :( Many years ago, our youngest DD was chosen to pull the sword out and somewhere in this house is the certificate and medallion that they gave her.

I must get one of those Nutella waffles. Must. I'm penciling it in for Day 1 so I don't miss it like usual.

Z asked what I was looking at, and I told him Disney pictures. He saw the reds and said he needs to meet them because they have red hair like Ariel.

For a small fee, I could be persuaded to become a professional matchmaker. [paying me makes me professional]

Awesome update.

Waffles. Check

Redheads. Check

Photo montage of randomness.  Check.

Thanks.

Check.

You had me at waffle sandwich...

ZORT

No.  Not working for me.  Keep trying.

I'm not into Nutella, but totally into the chicken.  

You'd better get Z under control!  When my daughters are allowed to start dating in 20 years maybe we can talk.

OH THE CUTENESS... must. look. away...

Sorry.  You may need to keep looking away.

We were so surprised to see them doing the sword thing too! We were hoping they would choose our grandson to pull it out, but like you, my son-in-law decided to look for something to eat and when he walked away, we all followed. :( Many years ago, our youngest DD was chosen to pull the sword out and somewhere in this house is the certificate and medallion that they gave her.

Yeah, I was thinking that we should have stayed to see if they would pick Redhead #1, but honestly I was afraid they were going to make me go up and try to pull it first, and I wasn't in the mood for that!

For a small fee, I could be persuaded to become a professional matchmaker. [paying me makes me professional]

I'm not okay with this situation...

Still Day 4:

Okay, we have been stagnant for too long now.  We are in the middle of painting our kitchen cabinets so I haven’t been able to update.  Let’s get this moving again.

MaMa and PaPa eventually called me and I left the site to go pick them up at the marina.  Except the road was being blocked:

9095027861_5a86f4a144.jpg

doh.  

Apparently these people didn’t understand that they were taking up the entire road.  And they saw me behind them, just didn’t bother to move.  

Hello?

Doesn’t share go both ways?  I’m all about people riding bikes at the Fort, and I look forward to the day that my girls are old enough that we can all go on family bike rides through the Fort.  

I’m also pro golf carts and love driving around the Fort in them.

People often complain about golf carts not getting out of the way of cars on the main roads.  Well shouldn’t bikes get out of the way of golf carts?  

Share goes both ways!   

I thought all was well, but when I got to the entrance to the Settlement there were four more bikes (adults) sitting right in the entrance.  

And kept sitting there.

And still kept sitting there.

Finally they realized I was waiting so they moved.

duh.

I would like to add that the Fort paths need to be more clearly marked.  My first time in a golf cart there I wasn’t sure where I could and couldn’t go.  Especially around the Settlement.  Couldn’t they put up some signs making it clear?

Oh wait, that would make too much sense.

Moving on.

We finally made it back with MaMa and PaPa.

9095028281_52cf93676d.jpg

9095028631_991b37fa5b.jpg

I’m not even going to comment on that.

Time to go back to the MK.  We had princess FP’s that were coming up soon.  

9097259152_b554f3c021.jpg

This was sitting at the marina.  They are totally not afraid.

Had to get our Goofy on.

9097260950_c8a7304408.jpg

Many trips ago we tried to find this and couldn’t.  Then it turned out that it had been taken out for refurbishment.  Since then, we have seen it many times but I think this may have been the first pic that we have taken with it.

Weird.

9097263942_7d0457aeb3.jpg

Some of you may remember that last Thanksgiving Redhead #2 had her first princess meeting.  She had never been willing to meet anyone before, even though her big sis was all about meeting some people.  On that trip she finally met Merida (must have had something in common with her) and went on to meeting Snow White (to DaveinTN’s dismay).  

She continued her streak today:

9097268398_b592e0bd5b.jpg

Funny though, she REFUSED to pose with her sister.  She wouldn’t go up to meet them until big sis was cleared out.

9095040495_52cd0ff8fb.jpg

9097273298_5748430b61.jpg

9097277490_e059946625.jpg

9097282126_c9511659a6.jpg

While we were walking through the gift shop afterwards I noticed some items I hadn’t seen before.  I ended up seeing them in other shops later on.

9095053733_8f61775b50.jpg

9095054039_8ddaf7b0bd.jpg

Those bother me.  

Hey, I have a great idea...let’s take Minnie and turn her into some round stuffed things.  

Yeah, great idea!  We can totally desecrate her just to make a few more bucks!

Dinner time.

MaMa tends to be...well...PICKY with food.  So some of the options that we might normally consider were out.  

So we went to Columbia Harbor House.  Seems like we often end up there.

And we got what we usually get.

DW:

9095055185_b1c4fbf8f8.jpg

Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus).

Me:

9095055477_da701263a8.jpg

“Lobster” roll.

9097285528_89ff79e1b4.jpg

We headed to Mickey’s Philharmagic.  

One my of my favs.  

We were some of the first people in, so we knew we would be waiting a little bit, but it’s never too long for this. 

MaMa was really bothered by the backward treble clef.

9095059733_9af452474d.jpg

The room filled up behind us and it was time for the doors to open.

Except they didn’t. 

And they kept not opening.

They were obviously having a problem inside.

The crowd was getting restless.  So much so that some guy started chanting “open the doors” over and over again.

And it caught on.

I was not happy about this.  Stop being stupid and just chill out.  Nobody wants to listen to you chant like a flippin teenager, old man.

People started leaving. 

We probably would have left too, but we were next to the doors so it would have been near impossible for us to make our way out.

And it was also at this time that the people behind us forgot about the personal space rule and buddy who kept bumping into me was about to get an earful.  Fortunately, I tend to keep my mouth shut more than usual when the redheads are around.

Finally we went in.

But something wasn’t right.

9097289880_04f15a3ddf.jpg

9097290268_8b7c79f543.jpg

Those lights usually aren’t on.

And they weren’t doing the whole Goofy stumbling over stuff act.  

And there were workers everywhere.

9097290558_b583d81f49.jpg

9097290918_9dba5fb35c.jpg

Finally it started and went on without a hitch.

After another trip in the carousel it was time to stake out our spot for the parade.

joy.

I’m not opposed to the parade, but when given the choice I would prefer to NOT go.  

MaMa wanted to see it, because she hadn’t seen it since we went back in the ‘80s.  

We wanted to be up in the front near Tony’s so we could make a quick exit when it was over.  

Most of the curb was already taken.

Except for right behind a souvenir cart.

Nobody wanted to sit behind that.

Except for me.  

Because I realized that it would be gone by the time the parade started and we would have prime seating. 

Bam.

9095064419_383a41cc33.jpg

Here was my view for the time being:

9095064717_c4c1bf3292.jpg

I didn’t care, because I knew it wouldn’t be there for long.  Plus, it was kind of fun to watch people spending tons of money on cheap plastic stuff.

As the sun set it made for some great views.

9097296764_841bedcb2a.jpg

9097300686_49ba896742.jpg

9095073783_3b4c980711.jpg

We made it through the parade, saw all the drug floats (Alice in Wonderland, Pete’s Dragon, etc.) and made a quick exit.

MaMa stopped to take some pics on the way out.

9095082715_042c56ce18.jpg

I like how PaPa and I totally photobombed that pic.

9095084445_691715bfa5.jpg

The boat wasn’t full at all, so we had a nice ride back to the Fort.

Tomorrow MaMa and PaPa leave to go to the beach.  But not before we have breakfast at Trails End!

Bam!

We’ll also visit the stables and make an evening trip to the MK where I discovered something related to a pic I had taken earlier in the trip (turns out DW already knew it, but it was new to me).

Great update.  That man can rock the veil.

We had the 'lobster' roll for the first time this past trip.  What the heck is that stuff?

So cute that they fell asleep.

Looking forward to breakfast.  That was the one meal we have not done buffet.  Didn't think we could shovel $18 worth of food into our bellies.

Upside to professional matchmaking - NO DATING.  Sign a contract, WHAM betrothed and then marriage.  No hanky panky in between.

Whoa... you were right about the continued cuteness.  Adorable!!

Smart thinkin' on the parade stake out.

Love the sunset pics.

Oh and I'm with Mama on the backwards treble clef - bugs the bejinkies out of me every time.

I also don't like the backwards "F" door handle at TGIFridays.

KAPOW! 

Loved the sunset pics.

Thats funny that #2 wanted the princesses to herself and didnt want to share time with #1.

Yeah, but not funny when we want a pic with the sisters and princess.  Oh well.

Red and black strollers.... good work.

You know it.

Great update.  That man can rock the veil.

We had the 'lobster' roll for the first time this past trip.  What the heck is that stuff?

So cute that they fell asleep.

Looking forward to breakfast.  That was the one meal we have not done buffet.  Didn't think we could shovel $18 worth of food into our bellies.

Upside to professional matchmaking - NO DATING.  Sign a contract, WHAM betrothed and then marriage.  No hanky panky in between.

I assume that it's a little lobster and some imitation stuff like monkfish or something.  Either way I still like it.

$18 is steep, but we used our AP discount (10%) and MaMa and PaPa paid, so win win!

I can dig the no dating thing.  I'm down.

Great sunset photos! 

Kudos on knowing the plastic junk cart would be gone and scoring primo parade seating!

Thanks!

Wonk

Blurp.

Whoa... you were right about the continued cuteness.  Adorable!!

Smart thinkin' on the parade stake out.

Love the sunset pics.

Oh and I'm with Mama on the backwards treble clef - bugs the bejinkies out of me every time.

I also don't like the backwards "F" door handle at TGIFridays.

KAPOW! 

Never knew about the backwards F.  Don't think I can go there anymore.

The photographer you have a picture of is Alan. You were close to being the first fiend to get a picture of me in knickers.

And this is an amazing picture

9097300686_49ba896742.jpg

The lighting is great.

So close!  That was MaMa's pic of Alan.  I was already out of the park.  I'm usually on the lookout for you.  

Ka-chow!

Wang-Chung!

I'm stil waiting for a three syllable onomatopoeia.

Saw a license plate this morning that reminded me of this TR...

KABLAM

Nice.  

Day 5: Saturday, June 15

Happy Anniversary to C & K!

Today was our 11th anniversary.  We had reservations to Trail’s End.  MaMa and PaPa were paying.

Bam!  

We got there and Josephine sat us.  She was funny.  

Our server was Lynda.  She wasn’t funny, but she was still good.

I had really been looking forward to this breakfast.  Not because I didn’t have to pay for it, but because I knew they have a version of the Big Kahuna breakfast from Kona.  Trail’s End’s version is egg, hollandaise, barbecue, on top of cornbread.  

It rocks.  

(side note...DW made her own version of that the other day.  It rocked as well)

Unfortunately I didn’t feel great this morning, so I didn’t get to eat quite as much as I had hoped.  

Fail.

Regardless, it was really good.

9112703200_3e437841a6.jpg

9112702114_cb0e2fa4fd.jpg

9112700372_3f80d1c669.jpg

Redhead #1 can rock a hoola-hoop.  It blows my mind how a 5 year old can do that.  I suck at it.

From here we headed over to the stables.

9110471009_59b6de4eb9.jpg

9095087833_de61360087.jpg

I saw TCD’s report about the confederate jasmine blooming all over the old windmill.  

We missed it.

One of Cinderella’s ponies was standing in its food.

9097319778_6c95bfdc5f.jpg

9095097811_8872c3af77.jpg

I was intrigued by these water bowls.  

It has a lever in it that when the pony pushes it fills the water up.

How cool is that?

This was the third wagon that we have seen in this room in the past year or so.

9095091311_7830313a32.jpg

9095091919_77cb2dd31e.jpg

9095090819_94ccd795d9.jpg

They finally have turned off the calliope music.  It was really weird when the room was empty and it still played.  

Has anyone seen them using the calliope anywhere?  I haven’t seen or heard anything about it since I caught it in the Citrus Bowl parade.  I hope they are doing something with it.

MaMa and PaPa then left and we headed to the pool.  

The Meadows pool was bonkers which I expected, so we headed to the swimmin’ hole over by the cabins.  

Genius move.  

When we got there only 4 people were in the pool.  

And it stayed like that the whole time.

The reds got to practice swimming without all the craziness around.  It was perfect.

And the greatest thing besides nobody being there?  

No lifeguards to ruin the fun.

I could throw the girls up and so forth with no 19 year old fun policeman telling me to stop.  

Bam.

After lunch and naps the rain moved in for a little bit.  It didn’t mess us up too badly.  We were planning on heading to the MK for a little bit, so we just waited for the rain to pass and then made our way over.

9095098355_aa380f7f84.jpg

I like how from this view you can see how the Bay Lake Tower’s design complements that of the Contemporary.  

I doubt the new DVC resort at River Country will complement the Fort. 

This was the scene at the MK.

9095099181_88238d417e.jpg

The rain came late enough in the day that it helped to clear out the park a little.  Had the rain come earlier it probably would not have had the same effect.  

That equaled winning.

See the woman in the poncho and broom on the left of that last pic?  

9095099691_99780dd5f3.jpg

She was sweeping up water.  

Gotta love Disney.

We decided to head to Buzz and grab some FPs.  On the way there we were zigging and zagging through the crowds and went over the curb with the strollers...a routine thing for team CKCK.  

When I did that, a CM of a ripe old age of young 20s said “Make sure you don’t do that again...you almost got her hurt.”

?

Did he seriously just tell me that?  

I didn’t stop.  

I don’t need someone telling me how to push a stroller.  I’m quite experienced at it by now.

We got our FP’s and decided to jump in line because it was still looking a little like rain.  The wait was 15 min so no big deal.  

9095100025_a02c0fa943.jpg

People Mover.

9095101253_e164f05a62.jpg

9095101803_51109e7c6d.jpg

9097334186_bfbb37c4fa.jpg

9095106593_ca72fc386a.jpg

You know what I don’t like?

9095104081_40e2e0e328.jpg

Dance parties in Tomorrowland.  I can do without.

9095104627_2b07e76065.jpg

Does that look familiar?

What about now?

9095105985_978d5c939e.jpg

9097337744_3ff698355d.jpg

Anyone?

Compare to this:

9097107814_2cc3a852e5.jpg

Bam!

The word on the streets is that they modified one the Flight of the Navigator ships and put it in Tomorrowland.  They smoothed it out a little and added the windshield part, but you can still see some of the lines.

I started putting two and two together.

Then DW is all, “yeah, I knew that.”

Fail.

You probably already knew that as well.

Apparently I missed the memo.  

Regardless, I think that’s pretty cool.

Time to break.  Next we’ll head over to visit some restrooms and teach a CM something.