Testing is still going on, but I've seen a few people ask what attractions and experiences will be included in the new FASTPASS+ system when it rolls out.  Here's the official list so far...

MAGIC KINGDOM

Attractions: as posted on Fort Fiends.net

Goofy's Barnstormer
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Range Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
"it's a small world"
Jungle Cruise
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

Experiences:

• Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
    (Redeem FastPass+ in the hub area in front of Cinderella Castle)
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Main Street electrical Parade
    (Redeem FastPass+ in the hub area in front of Cinderella Castle)
  • Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
  • Meet the Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater
  • Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
    (Redeem FastPass+ at the Rose Garden Walkway entrance on the Tomorrowland bridge)

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Attractions:

The Great Movie Ride
MuppetVision 3D
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania

Experiences:as posted on Fort Fiends.net

• The American Idol Experience
  • Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
  • Indian Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
  • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM

Attractions:

DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Primeval Whirl
It's Tough to be a Bug!

Experiences:

• Festival of the Lion King
  • Finding Nemo - The Musical
  • Meet Mickey and Minnie at Adventurers Outpost

EPCOT

Attractions:as posted on Fort Fiends.net

Captain EO
Journey Into Imagination with Figment

Living with the Land
Mission: SPACE

Maelstrom
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Experiences:

• Epcot Character Spot
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
  • Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

I have not read up on the new fast pass stuff thus far so I am not familiar on how it will work, but are they stating you will be able to get a fast pass for parades and fireworks? What will this allow? Good standing spots? Preferred standing areas?

I have not read up on the new fast pass stuff thus far so I am not familiar on how it will work, but are they stating you will be able to get a fast pass for parades and fireworks? What will this allow? Good standing spots? Preferred standing areas?

Yes, reserved viewing areas. Not sure how good they'll actually be, but presumably you won't have to jostle with the masses. 

You get to see the fireworks first...

LOL - now THAT would be worth a FASTPASS!

Special glasses that only let "you" see the fireworks while other just get scared out of their pants hearing jut the booms. Hmmmm, that does sound like a great money making invention

• 3 weeks later...

From the Disney website...

FASTPASS+ – Frequently Asked Questions

Q. If I don’t reserve access to FastPass+ attractions in advance, will I be able to experience my favorite attractions at the theme parks?

A. All attractions still provide a standby queue—assuming they are not closed for refurbishment. If FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk when you arrive at the park.

For even more on-the-go flexibility, download the My Disney Experience mobile app to select and modify FastPass+ experiences, plus access your vacation details, maps and up-to-the-minute information.

If you are not FastPass+ eligible, you are still eligible to use FASTPASS service. All FASTPASS tickets are subject to availability and are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Over the coming months, Guests with select Magic Your Way vacation packages will be notified that they may participate in MyMagic+ testing, which includes FastPass+ eligibility.

Learn more about FastPass+ service or reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment.

Check our Park Hours section to learn which attractions are currently scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. Our refurbishment schedule is subject to change, and attractions may become unavailable for unscheduled reasons.

======

Q. If I miss my FASTPASS+ arrival window, do I lose my opportunity to experience the attraction?

A. We understand that there are many unexpected situations that may arise and cause you to miss your FastPass+ attraction time—but don’t worry! If your plans change while at the park and FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk.

Please try to make changes to your FastPass+ experience before the start of your arrival window time. If you miss your time due to circumstances beyond your control, please speak to the Cast Members at the attraction.

In addition, all operating attractions still provide a standby queue. While you may lose the opportunity to use an attraction’s FastPass+ entrance, please be assured that there are no other penalties if you miss a FastPass+ arrival window time. The service is here to help enhance your vacation, not to cause you extra worries.

Over the coming months, Guests with select Magic Your Way vacation packages will be notified that they may participate in MyMagic+ testing, which includes FastPass+ eligibility.

Valid theme park admission is required.

======

Q. Will FastPass+ service make the attraction standby lines longer?

A. We do not anticipate that the attraction standby queues will be any longer than they were before FastPass+ service.

In addition, at select attractions—such as The Haunted Mansion or The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh—we have created fun, interactive experiences for you to enjoy in the standby queues. We’ve tried to make the queue experience almost as much fun as the ride itself!

======

Q. I’m concerned that my vacation will feel over-scheduled if I have to reserve access to FastPass+ attractions in advance. Will I have the flexibility to change my mind when I arrive at the theme park?

A. Yes. You can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk. For even more on-the-go flexibility, download the My Disney Experience mobile app to select and modify FastPass+ experiences—plus access your vacation details, maps and up-to-the-minute information.

While you may lose the opportunity to use an attraction’s FastPass+ entrance, there are no other penalties if you change your mind and wish to skip a FastPass+ experience. All operating attractions still provide a standby queue.

You’ll find that FastPass+ service provides you with the ability to experience some great attractions throughout the day with a shortened wait time. Don’t worry. When we suggest arrival window times we carefully consider factors such as the length of an attraction and the travel time you will need between experiences. Your vacation should be as leisurely and enjoyable as ever—actually, we hope, more than ever!

As with any popular attraction or experience, we encourage you to make your FastPass+ selections early as this will give you more opportunity to secure your favorites. FastPass+ inventory is available on a first come, first serve basis.

Learn more about FastPass+ service or reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment.

======

Q. Why is so much advanced planning necessary with FastPass+ service? With so much to do at Walt Disney World Resort, how can I be expected to make these kinds of decisions so early?

A. MyMagic+ allows you to plan as much or as little as you wish. Either way, your vacation should be as leisurely and enjoyable as ever—actually, we hope, more than ever!

If you change your mind while at the park and FastPass+ attraction arrival times are still available, you can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk.

For even more on-the-go flexibility, download the My Disney Experience mobile app to select and modify FastPass+ experiences, plus access your vacation details, maps and up-to-the-minute information.

While FastPass+ service is a convenient option to help make your vacation experience better than ever, if you wish, you can still use the standby queues available at all operating attractions.

Plus, if you are not FastPass+ eligible, you are still eligible to use FASTPASS service.

Over the coming months, Guests with select Magic Your Way vacation packages will be notified that they

may participate in MyMagic+ testing, which includes FastPass+ eligibility.

Reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment.

======

Q. Can I select more than one FASTPASS+ attraction?

A. Yes. You can reserve access to multiple FastPass+ attractions or entertainment experiences—the specific number depends on availability. In general, you will be able to select up to 4 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day at one theme park. For extra convenience, you can even make selections up to 60 days in advance of your visit.

======

Q. I’m interested in using FastPass+ service. When I visit the theme parks, can I be spontaneous or does FastPass+ service require me to follow a strict schedule?

A. Spontaneity is at the heart of many Walt Disney World Resort experiences, and FastPass+ service gives you more freedom to do what you want—when you want it—than ever before!

If you change your mind while at the park and FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk. It’s that simple!

While FastPass+ service is a convenient option to help make your vacation experience better than ever, if you wish, you can still enjoy the parks as you have in the past. While you may lose the opportunity to use an attraction’s FastPass+ entrance, there are no other penalties if you change your mind and wish to skip a FastPass+ experience. Plus, all operating attractions not closed for refurbishment still provide a standby queue.

======

Q. I am FastPass+ eligible, but I did not reserve access to FastPass+ attractions in advance. When I arrive at the theme park, can I still get FASTPASS tickets?

A. No. If you are FastPass+ eligible and you entered the park with a ticket linked to My Disney Experience by using your MagicBand or card, you are not able to use FASTPASS service.

But don’t worry! If FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk when you arrive at the park.

If you are not FastPass+ eligible, you are still eligible to use FASTPASS service. All FASTPASS tickets are subject to availability and are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

======

Q. How many FastPass+ experiences am I allowed to reserve access to for each day and for my entire vacation?

A. The total number of FastPass+ experiences available to you during your visit depends on several factors including availability and the vacation packages and tickets linked to your Disney account. Generally, FastPass+ eligible Guests are able to select one set of FastPass+ experiences each day for every valid theme park ticket linked to their account.

Depending on availability, you should be able to reserve access to up to 4 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day.

View the tickets linked to your account in My Reservations or reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment.

======

Q. How do I use my MagicBand or card when I have a FastPass+ arrival time at an attraction or entertainment experience?

A. It’s so easy that you’ll think it’s magic!

When you arrive during your scheduled FastPass+ arrival time, all you need to do is proceed to the FASTPASS queue entrance and touch your MagicBand or card to a sensor called a touch point.

That’s it!

Please remember that each member of your party will have to individually touch their MagicBand or card to the touch point, so everyone should be sure to have their MagicBand or card available.

======

Q. I have children of different ages, and they like different attractions and entertainment. Does FastPass+ service allow my family to do different activities?

A. Yes. We want every member of your party to have a great Walt Disney World vacation—regardless of age or interests. When you reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment, you select which members of your party wish to experience each attraction or entertainment offering. If individuals do not want to share an experience, you can select alternate experiences for those party members.

If people in your party do not wish to experience an attraction, they are free to skip it. However, children under age 14 must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to enter the theme parks and water parks.

At select attractions, you can also take advantage of our Rider Switch option, which enables one adult to wait with children while another adult experiences an attraction. Then, the adults can switch and the other adult can experience the attraction—without having to wait in line a second time. You do not need to use FastPass+ service to use the Rider Switch option.

======

Q. I don’t know the layout of the theme parks very well. Will FastPass+ service make it difficult to get from one experience to the next on time?

A. Don’t worry—when we suggest arrival window times we carefully consider factors such as the length of an attraction and the travel time you will need between experiences. We use this information when we build your set of FastPass+ arrival times for attractions and entertainment to provide you with a timeline that tries to make your vacation as leisurely and enjoyable as ever—actually, we hope, more than ever!

If you’d like to familiarize yourself with our parks, please check out our interactive online maps. In addition, we can mail free customized maps to households in the United States. You can customize these beautiful keepsake maps with your favorite attractions and entertainment. You must be 18 years of age or older to order customized maps.

Maps are also available at the Main Entrance to our theme parks.

======

Q. Do I reserve access to FastPass+ attractions when I book my vacation?

A. It depends on when you book your vacation. If you are FastPass+ eligible, you can reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment up to 60 days in advance of your visit.

Don’t worry about being locked in to a schedule—you have the flexibility to change your FastPass+ selections. If you change your mind while at the park and FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk.

======

Q. Is FastPass+ service like a restaurant reservation? Do I have to show up at a specific time for an attraction?

A. No—it’s better! For extra convenience, you are assigned an arrival window—usually one hour long—for each attraction you select. Show up any time that you wish during this window. Don’t worry about rushing to finish up a meal or getting delayed at another show or attraction.

When it is within your designated arrival window time and you are ready to visit an attraction, all you need to do is proceed to the attraction, go to the FastPass+ entrance and touch your MagicBand or card to the touch point.

While attractions usually offer a one-hour arrival window, shows and entertainment may require you to arrive during a more specific timeframe.

======

Q. Can I use both FASTPASS service and FastPass+ service during one theme park visit?

A. No. While FASTPASS service and FastPass+ service are both currently available, if you are FastPass+ eligible and you entered the park with a ticket linked to My Disney Experience by using your MagicBand or card, then you are not able to use FASTPASS service.

However, all operating attractions still provide a standby queue, so you still have the opportunity to experience many of your favorite attractions.

======

Q. What is FastPass+ service?

A. FASTPASS service has always been a great way to save time waiting in line and to enjoy Disney attractions with little or no wait.

Now there’s a new way to take FASTPASS fun one-step further!

With FastPass+ service, not only can you spend less time waiting in line in the theme parks, but you can reserve access to FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences before you even leave home—and make changes on the go! You’ll discover more attractions than ever before to pick from. Plus, for the first time, you can even choose select firework and parade viewing areas, shows, Disney Character meet and greets and more!

When it’s within your designated arrival window time, all you need to do is proceed to the attraction you previously selected, go to the FastPass+ entrance and touch your MagicBand or card to the touch point.

Don’t know where to begin? FastPicks can recommend popular experiences to start you off.

FastPass+ gives you the confidence of knowing some of your must-do fun is locked in, so that when you arrive all you have to do is concentrate on enjoying the moment with family and friends. And best yet, if you are FastPass+ eligible, it’s all included with valid theme park admission.

Disney FastPass+ experiences and arrival times are limited.

======

Q. Is FastPass+ service complimentary?

A. Yes. FastPass+ service is complimentary for FastPass+ eligible Guests with valid theme park admission.

Learn more about FastPass+ service.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/fast-pass-plus/

A review by someone that is going to be part of the testing has posted to Touring Plans. 

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/07/18/preliminary-wdw-mymagic-test-observations/

So far she has posted about her pre-trip planning experience

Excerpt...

• Number of FastPass+ selections allowed. During this test, I was allowed to select up to three FastPass+ attractions per day. We have no word yet on whether that number is stable or whether it will vary based on where you’re staying, your ticket type, the cost of your package, or anything else.
  • You can’t “double dip” on the same attraction on the same day. In other words, even though I was allowed to get three FastPass+ on each day, there’s no way to get three FP+ for Space Mountain on the same day. They must be three different attractions.
  • You can “double dip” on the same attraction on different days. I could sign up for a FP+ for Space Mountain on two different days.
  • Annual passholders MIGHT be able to get FP+ for any day. I am a WDW Annual Pass holder. Despite the fact that this MyMagic test invitation was related to a three night WDW hotel stay, once I input my AP number into the My Disney Experience center, I could make FP+ reservations well past my check-out date. My stay is in July, but I was allowed to make FP+ reservations online for September and beyond. No word on whether this is a testing glitch, whether these FP+ reservations would actually be honored then, or if there will be a specific window for AP advance reservations in the future.
  • You MUST have a purchased ticket in the Disney system in order to get a FP+. While I have an annual pass, my husband (my traveling companion for this trip) does not. Since he often opts to play golf or swim while I’m in the parks, we sometimes decide to “wing it” with purchasing him a park ticket and just buy what he wants when we’re in Florida. I was allowed to make FP+ reservations with my Annual Pass in the system, but since he had no ticket, he was not allowed to make any FP+ reservations, even though his name is on the room reservation. I ended up buying him a two-day park ticket online in advance (something I would certainly not have done otherwise), just so that he could make some FP+ reservations. If I had not done this, there would be no guarantee that we would be able to have the same FP+ reservation times. Assuming this process continues, this is a HUGE way for Disney get more ticket sales up front. I see the benefit for them, but not for me.
  • MagicBands can be customized. During the test, we were allowed to select our personal MagicBand color from pink, green, red, orange, blue, gray, or yellow. We could also customize the name on the band to be something other than the name on the hotel reservation. This is plus for guests, like my husband, who are primarily called by a nickname rather than their given name.
  • Currently, not every aspect of WDW can be added to the My Disney Experience experience. During this test, there was no mechanism for adding tours to your itinerary. Despite having a confirmation number, there was no place to input a tour in the MDX system. Similarly, some special dining reservations can not yet be added to the system.
  • There are short cuts for newbies. During the FP+ selection process, you can go into great detail with selecting your attractions and FP+ times. But if you’re new to Disney or just confused about FastPasses in general, there is a mechanism which allows the computer to select all your FP+ for you. My guess is that, much like having the machine select your lotto numbers for you at the gas station, sometimes you’ll get lucky (Soarin’, Test Track, Mission Space) and sometimes you won’t (Country Bears, PeopleMover, Carousel). Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the Bears, but I wouldn’t want to waste a precious FP+ on this attraction that rarely has a wait.
  • FP+ slots are spaced out. Just like the current standard FastPass, you cannot hold more than one FP+ at a time. I played around with the system for quite some time, but I was never able to get two FP+ during the same hour.
  • FP+ has no park hopping feature. As it stands now, you cannot select FP+ attractions for more than one park per day. I was allowed three FP+ selections per day, but they all had to be at the same park. No word on whether this will change in the future.
  • FP+ users can not use regular FastPasses. This little nugget of info is buried in the FAQ on the WDW website. You can color me unhappy. In the past, I might have been able to get/use substantially more than three FastPasses during a single day, I could also get/use FastPasses at more than one park per day. Under the new system, these options no longer exist. As for use strategy, a friend of mine on the Disney Parks Moms Panel noted that she would likely use her FP+ allotment for her “second park” on days that she’s Park Hopping. During the morning, she’ll use shorter standby lines (and perhaps a Touring Plan), and in the afternoon, when lines are longer, she’ll use her FP+ allowance.
  • The MyMagic system may be fully in place before holiday 2013. I encountered a few techo glitches during the MyMagic+ set up process and ended up having to call the help line a few times. (The product is in beta after all.) During one of these calls a zealous MyMagic specialist cast member offered up that they’re shooting for a full roll-out in “2 to 3 months.” That’s obviously vague and they may encounter something that forces further delays, but it looks like full implementation of the system is getting closer.

The more I read about this, the more thankful I am that I got to experience the parks with my children for the past 20 years without this ridiculous mess.

Seriously, how much time did the lady who wrote that blog post about her experience take planning for her three night trip?  What if it rains? What if one of her kids doesn't feel well, and they need to change plans?  What if one of the rides they selected to Fastpass goes down?  What if they discover something they didn't know about and want to spend some time enjoying it?  Sorry, we must stick to the schedule.

Phooey.

TCD

Here we go again, the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the world as we know it is about to end. It's just a silly amusement park that we're talking about? You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. And some of you are jumping to conclusions without researching it.

Here we go again, the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the world as we know it is about to end. It's just a silly amusement park that we're talking about? You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. And some of you are jumping to conclusions without researching it.

as I have sworn of planning and spreadsheets and long waits, I doesn't really matter anyway

But even if you have a MagicBand, can't you opt to not use the FP+ and get regular fastpasses in the parks?  I don't like to plan my days out like that either.

Everything I have seen is that if you have a magicband, you cannot, under any circumstances, get a regular Fastpass in the park. Forevermore.  So sayeth the Mouse.  The end.

Tell me oh great one where we can do research?

The only official information is that which has been doled out oh so slowly and carefully by the mouse.

The rest is anecdotal reports from the few folks who have been invited to test they system, such as the lady whose blog Mo referenced.  So far, none of it sounds very good.

No one, other than you, has said the sky is falling.  Only that this MagicBand crap is going to suck monkey butt.  Don't be so sensitive.  You just work for the place.  They haven't talked about getting rid of the bus drivers or anything.

TCD

we got a trip coming up and I have planed one day of fastpass plus I was able to book 3 things.  I guess we will see how it works. It is very easy to book and very easy to change now.  It may be a different story trying to change on the fly same day.  I'll report back our experience   

Tell me oh great one where we can do research?

You have to be kidding, it's out there. If anything, there is too much info out there and it's confusing some people.

The only official information is that which has been doled out oh so slowly and carefully by the mouse.

The rest is anecdotal reports from the few folks who have been invited to test they system, such as the lady whose blog Mo referenced.  So far, none of it sounds very good.

The DIsney website and the major WDW sites all have info on how it works.

No one, other than you, has said the sky is falling. 

Link me to where I've said the sky is falling in regards to FP+. 

Don't be so sensitive.  You just work for the place.  

I'm lost on this statement.

They haven't talked about getting rid of the bus drivers or anything.

And this one.

we got a trip coming up and I have planed one day of fastpass plus I was able to book 3 things. I guess we will see how it works. It is very easy to book and very easy to change now. It may be a different story trying to change on the fly same day. I'll report back our experience

Looking forward to that.

There was initial information that if you lost your MagicBand there would be a $50 charge to replace it.

At this time internal official sources have indicated that currently there are no plans to charge anything if a MB is lost. They will give you a generic plain gray replacement MB that will not be customizable.

OK, a Fiend just reported that they have a 1-night stay and were invited to participate in the test and were sent Magic Bands, which I'm guessing is tied to their room reservation.  From what I read, I'm guessing they have annual passes.  So are their annual passes tied to the magic bands?

So could a person get FP+ with the room key magic band, and have separate annual passes and get regular fastpasses through the manual system using their AP tickets?