Wonder how they will handle the parties like MNSSHP. Can you get 3 FP+ for the day  and 3 for the party or will you have to save them. Being a separately  priced ticket I would think they would be separate FP+

My guess is that however it was handled before the MM program, is the way it will be handled afterward.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

The quote below from the article shows how misinformed, or ignorant, some people are that are for some unknown reason to me, resisting the change. 

Once again, it's not mandatory that you use the FP+ feature before you arrive. It can be done at anytime, or not at all.

"I don't want to pick what park I'm going to be in on a specific day in advance," Holaway added. "I do not see the 'magic' in the MagicBands."

I've got your magic right here, Holaway. If it's so unmagical, there are plenty of other theme parks that are as good, or better, than WDW that will gladly take your money.

We've had two reports on here made by Fiends, both were positive and optimistic for the most part.

I've also heard the same thing on internal reports.

I am still worried that I won't be able to get the FP+ for the bigger rides for the times I would like and I am unclear as to how this will affect or not affect the future of stand by lines.  I already plan my days - parks and where to have sit downs - planning the FP+ is just one more thing to now add to the spreadsheet. :D

• 4 weeks later...

More testing to prepare for the full MyMagic+ rollout is in the works.  This time it's select CM who have been invited to test what the MyMagic+ experience will be like for offsite/day Guests.

The testing will be taking place Sept 13-14 at all 4 parks.

CMs  participating in the testing will receive a flier with instructions for downloading the My Disney Experience mobile app, register or sign in to their existing account, link their tickets and then make their FastPass+ selections.

They will not have MagicBands.

Does anyone else have the option to make FastPass+ choices for upcoming trips?  When I log on to the website or the mobile app it gives me the option until it figures out that I don't have valid park admission purchased yet and stops me.  Am I special and if I buy my tickets will I be able to make these choices now or is this something everyone is seeing?

Everyone has the option, but it will stop you with out valid park admission. If you purchase tickets and link them to your MDE account, you should be able to make FP+ selections, providing you are a tester. If you are not coded as a tester, you wont be able to use any of the mymagic+ options like FP+.

I just saw on another website where MyMagic/FastPass+ will be testing select guests arriving at Ft. Wilderness from Oct. 21-31.  This is the first I've heard of Ft. Wilderness guests being selected as "testers."  (But, then again, I'm a little behind the 8 ball.)  These dates leave me out - arriving Nov. 8 - but perhaps some fellow board members will be selected.

I just saw on another website where MyMagic/FastPass+ will be testing select guests arriving at Ft. Wilderness from Oct. 21-31.  This is the first I've heard of Ft. Wilderness guests being selected as "testers."  (But, then again, I'm a little behind the 8 ball.)  These dates leave me out - arriving Nov. 8 - but perhaps some fellow board members will be selected.

It is indeed true!  Check out this thread starting with post #30...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10963-lookie-what-just-came-in-the-mail/page-2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Jason for writing up some instructions on how to change your FP+ times...

Go into where you manage your FP+.

Select the day you want to work with. If you already have selections in place already it gives you an option to change your selections - either the experience or the time.

Select your experience.

Select the time option and the person whose FP+ you want to change.

Pick the time you want.

Confirm the change.

You have to repeat this process for each FP you want to change. Hopefully they will streamline this at some point.

Jason also said, "I believe if you want to change your whole family's FP you can select all of the members in your party. I am solo so I can not confirm that."

If there's someone that can confirm that last bit, please let us know.

Do I need a FP+ to kick back in a chair at my Fort site?  From what I have read, this sounds like something for overplanners, not wander-and-"let's do that" visitors.  I foresee problems with our special needs kids, with fingerprints and schedulings.  The kiosks sound like another line to stand in (or is this a way to "encourage" me to get a smartphone?).  And what if we bring (as we frequently do) a last minute GS or GD or friend who is not on our AP or reservation, or whatever other grouping WDW plants on us?   This MAY all work out as WDW envisions, but for now, I'm sorta like my semi-autistic son.  We don't adapt to change very well.