Ok, I found what I was looking for.

AP holders not staying at a Disney resort can hold up to 7 days at any time during a 60 day rolling calendar.

AP holders staying at a Disney resort can hold up to the number of days on their reservation or 7 days, which ever is greater.

This means you can make 7 days of FP+ reservations 60 days out. When you use one of those days you can make one more day and so on. Or, you make one for this weekend. After you use that day, you have 7 again. This is a good thing. This means the FP+ reservations cannot be monopolized by AP holders who make them, just in case, and then never use them. Can you imagine the horror is every AP holder made FP+ reservations everyday for 60 days.

I guess that info is on the Hub, because it's not on the Passholder site.  They don't tell us passholders nothin'.  The site says what it has said for almost a year now- check back later.

I'm OK with the 7 days- that's better than I thought it would be.  It's perfect for weekend warriors/day trippers.

I wonder if the seven day limit is already in place?  I may have to check on that.

TCD

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

I guess that info is on the Hub, because it's not on the Passholder site.  They don't tell us passholders nothin'.  The site says what it has said for almost a year now- check back later.

I'm OK with the 7 days- that's better than I thought it would be.  It's perfect for weekend warriors/day trippers.

I wonder if the seven day limit is already in place?  I may have to check on that.

TCD

Try making a bunch of FP+ reservations at one time. You can always cancel them. Let us know.

I was able to change my ETwB time. There was 1 alternate time available, and lucky for me.... It was the one I needed!

Good to know.  I'm going to be reporting this in my current TR, but we were able to make a FP+ change the day of that we had not been able to make the day before.  I guess the lesson here is to keep checking- I guess times become available as they make updates/adjustments.

Try making a bunch of FP+ reservations at one time. You can always cancel them. Let us know.

Will do.

TCD

OK- I just checked it out, and I am limited to making FP+ reservations for just 7 days in a 60 day window.

When I tried to make reservations for the 8th day, I was prompted to choose to drop one of the previous days.

I don't see this being a big problem for anyone.  As I understand it, if I had a resort reservation for longer than 7 days, I would be able to make FP+ reservations for the length of my stay.  Which raised the next question- what happens if I make a reservation for a 30 day stay at the Fort?  It would cost me the same as a one night reservation-just a one night deposit.  What happens if I make 30 days worth of FP+ reservations and then cancel the extra resort nights at check in?  Do I get to keep my FP+ reservations?  I'll bet that I do.  I don't care enough about this to check it out, but somebody could.  Those people who want to make "throw away" Fort reservations would love that.

TCD

So we had our first experience with the new FP+ system. It ses to me that the CM don't even know how it works. Don't like the fact that if you FP Soarin you can't FP TT. And I was told that it auto assigns you a FP if you only pick one or two. Also we were told that if we park hop (which we do a lot of) that once you use your 3 FPs in the morning that you are done for the day. I hope this is not true. This only makes my case better with the DW that it's time for a Disney Break. The whole Disney thing has lost its magic for this family. Something's wrong when you ask "do you guys want to go to Disney today" and the response is NO. Time to hook up the camper and go explore.

...we were told that if we park hop (which we do a lot of) that once you use your 3 FPs in the morning that you are done for the day. I hope this is not true.

I don't think that is true.  However what is currently true is that you only get your 3 FPs per day in one park, so for people that park hop that can be a bummer.

When we where there in December we used all our fast pass + and thought about hopping, since we just got our APs and after trying to get regular fast passes at the kiosks by Mickeys Philharmonic. Failed. I was unable to get FP+ for Epcot on my iPhone using The app.

I asked a CM and they said I wasn't allowed to get more FP+. I don't know if they were right but I didn't get any.

I think the ability to change you time on FP+ is a bad move. The reason I think is because if your running late or miss your FP time, the odds of another time will be rare depending on the time of day and the attraction. For example, if you have a FP for sorin between 4pm and 5pm the odds of changing it to a later time will be nearly impossible. Now, COP would be a whole different story...lol

Has anyone heard on how and if charging privileges will be available to pass holders? The reason I ask is because the air headed CM I spoke with when I activated our AP's said charging on a mb was only possible for resort guest because their credit card was on file at the resort and didn't know if pass holders would ever get the charging privileges

I am a CM so I guess no one will listen to me, but, you can schedule 3 FP+ selections per day for one park. If you do not use any of those (this means your entire party can't use a single FP+) you can goto another park and make selections there. If even one has been used, you can change the remaining FP+ selections but they must stay in the same park.

As for changing them, you can change them even after the time has passed as long as they have not been used. You may not get what you want but the FP+ is still there. Say for example you had a FP+ for space mnt and you chose to watch the parade and missed your window. You can change that FP+ but there may not be any space mnt FPs left. You would have to change it to another attraction. This can be done on the app or at one of the kiosks. If an attraction is down during your window, you have the option to change your selection or wait until the attraction reopens and use your FP then. But once you change it, you cannot use the previous selection.

As for charging with an AP, at some point an option will be added to MDE for AP holders to add a credit card number. This will allow charging privileges. The process is still being worked and should be part of the testing at a later time.

For all of this, I know it seems like a complete system since it's being widely used now. But remember, it is still a test and is designed to find and correct the errors and bugs. Best thing to do is to give disney constructive feedback. Telling them this sucks or is stupid does not help them.

For all of this, I know it seems like a complete system since it's being widely used now. But remember, it is still a test and is designed to find and correct the errors and bugs. Best thing to do is to give disney constructive feedback. Telling them this sucks or is stupid does not help them.

EXACTLY!!!!  That is the biggest thing I tell my reviewers at work.  Tell us WHY a section is bad, weak, or non-compliant!!  The writers are toast by then and are too close to it.  Help in fixing the problem is what they need.  The same for Disney. They probably need exact instances of what doesn't work.  Finding software bugs is like finding a needle in a haystack.  The more data they have of specific instances of problems, the better!

3 weeks ago we did a 2 day 1 night trip to AKL and I was able to make 3 FP+ at both MK and AK on the same day.  But we ended up not going to a park at all that trip so I don't know if any of them would have worked. When I looked at my plans on the app it showed 2 FP at each park but if I looked at the fp selections from the fp part of the app it showed 3 rides at each park.  I have tried to duplicate this a couple of times from home and it won't let me add the second park without it canceling the first park. I can't remember the exact sequence I made the plans when it worked.  I didn't do them all at the same time so I don't know if it was a one day fluke or if there is a bug that let's you book 2 parks if you make the selections in a certain way.  I do hope that in the future you will be able to book FPs at two parks.  We seem to always park hop when we go to AK, EPCOT, and MGM (I know, but it will always be MGM to me)  So, I don't know what the point of the post is other than to say WOO-WHOO we got to stay a AKL and even got a free upgrade to a Savanna-View room.      

I am a CM so I guess no one will listen to me, but, you can schedule 3 FP+ selections per day for one park. If you do not use any of those (this means your entire party can't use a single FP+) you can goto another park and make selections there. If even one has been used, you can change the remaining FP+ selections but they must stay in the same park.

Thanks for clarifying that, Dave! 

Also thanks for reminding people to give good feedback on all this.  Disney is good at making adjustments, and this testing period has gone on for a long time for a reason. 

3 weeks ago we did a 2 day 1 night trip to AKL and I was able to make 3 FP+ at both MK and AK on the same day.  But we ended up not going to a park at all that trip so I don't know if any of them would have worked. When I looked at my plans on the app it showed 2 FP at each park but if I looked at the fp selections from the fp part of the app it showed 3 rides at each park.  I have tried to duplicate this a couple of times from home and it won't let me add the second park without it canceling the first park.

It's possible this was a loophole in the testing that has since been closed.

You are not a typical CM, though.  You had a lot of Disney visits as a paying customer under your belt before you became a CM.  So, I value the information that you provide.

The 3 FP+ limit has been a constant throughout the testing.  I haven't heard of a single guest getting more than 3 per day, except for a brief period where a blogger found a way to trick the system.  The trick used by the blogger didn't work for very long.

EXACTLY!!!!  That is the biggest thing I tell my reviewers at work.  Tell us WHY a section is bad, weak, or non-compliant!!  The writers are toast by then and are too close to it.  Help in fixing the problem is what they need.  The same for Disney. They probably need exact instances of what doesn't work.  Finding software bugs is like finding a needle in a haystack.  The more data they have of specific instances of problems, the better!

I would love to provide constructive criticism and to suggest ways to improve this mess that they have created.  But, Disney hasn't provided a way to submit that kind of feedback.  Are guests just supposed to send an email to "Disney" and hope that it ends up in the right hands? Talk about a needle in a haystack.

And, for all we know, the FP+ system is functioning exactly how Disney intends for it to function.  You need look no further than the way the Disney resort reservation system works to see that Disney, for whatever reason, rigs their computer systems to turn away potential customers.

3 weeks ago we did a 2 day 1 night trip to AKL and I was able to make 3 FP+ at both MK and AK on the same day.  But we ended up not going to a park at all that trip so I don't know if any of them would have worked. When I looked at my plans on the app it showed 2 FP at each park but if I looked at the fp selections from the fp part of the app it showed 3 rides at each park.  I have tried to duplicate this a couple of times from home and it won't let me add the second park without it canceling the first park. I can't remember the exact sequence I made the plans when it worked.  I didn't do them all at the same time so I don't know if it was a one day fluke or if there is a bug that let's you book 2 parks if you make the selections in a certain way.  I do hope that in the future you will be able to book FPs at two parks.  We seem to always park hop when we go to AK, EPCOT, and MGM (I know, but it will always be MGM to me)  So, I don't know what the point of the post is other than to say WOO-WHOO we got to stay a AKL and even got a free upgrade to a Savanna-View room.      

Congrats on that AKL stay!

I would have to say that what you encountered was a bug in the system.  I've encountered many.  I have an upcoming Fort reservation.  For some reason, MDE has shown that I also have a Kidani Village reservation.  I'd love to show up there and check in and use the one night that has been covered by the phantom deposit. Sadly, however, just as it appeared mysteriously it has also now disappeared mysteriously.

TCD

During our stay, I was not able to reschedule FP+ experiences we missed.

Yup.

I was at WDW for a day trip on Saturday, February 1.

I was able to make FP+ reservations the night before.  I looked at DHS and AK.  At DHS, I could not get a Toy Story FP+ unless it had a return time after 7 pm.  Since it was an EMH morning there, I switched over to AK. DHS would likely be busy all day because of the EMH. There was plenty of availability for everything at AK.  Booked the Safari, EE and Dinosaur.

The day of, I could not change the Safari FP to another time- not earlier or later.  Nothing.  Same with EE.  There was, however, plenty of availability for Primeval Whirl and It's Tough to be a Bug.

Now that all guests are using FP+, all those favorable reports about how easy it was to swap FP+ times are no longer valid.  Makes sense.  There are a finite number of FP+ times available.  Once they're claimed, there are no more.

I am not optimistic that they are going to offer more than 3 FP+'s to guests who want to park-hop.  They don't have enough FP+ times to give to guests who are in the park just for the day.

Oh, and one thing I want to find out is whether they are holding FP+ times for guests to use when they arrive at the park.  Would an off-site guest or AP holder with no MB find out upon arriving at the park at 8 am that the earliest they could ride Toy Story with a FP+ would be after 7 pm?  When the park closes at 8? I don't believe that.  I bet they are holding slots open for guests using the kiosks.

TCD

One thing to think about.

Before FP+ what were your chances of starting in MK and hopping to DHS and getting a legacy FP for toy story? Not very good. So why would it be expected to be able to hold FP+s for multiple parks?

As for feedback, people randomly get surveys after thier stay. Since TCD isn't "staying" at a resort, he won't get one. A simple email to disney would address your concerns in this instance. AP testers should be asked to complete surveys during testing. I hope they won't be ignored and tsken seriously.

Also, those CMs walking around with tablets are survey CMs. They ask a multitude of questions. Ranging from how your day was to the food at the park. Stop and fill out a few. Takes a few mins and Disney (contrary to belief) does read and react to those. If you don't like something, complaining does nothing but make you stew on the matter. Constructive feedback can make changes happen.

As for changing them, you can change them even after the time has passed as long as they have not been used. You may not get what you want but the FP+ is still there. Say for example you had a FP+ for space mnt and you chose to watch the parade and missed your window. You can change that FP+ but there may not be any space mnt FPs left. You would have to change it to another attraction. This can be done on the app or at one of the kiosks. If an attraction is down during your window, you have the option to change your selection or wait until the attraction reopens and use your FP then. But once you change it, you cannot use the previous selection.

When I tried doing this on 2 days of our trip, I was unsuccessful. We had a FP+ for the morning for Spaceship Earth (mainly because I didn't know what else to pick.) We missed it, and I tried to change it until later in the day. It said no other times available. I tried to change it to another experience, and it said there were no other experiences. I also tried to do it when we missed an evening HM FP+. Not sure if this was due to glitches, but this was my experience. I was trying to do it using the app. 

One thing to think about.

Before FP+ what were your chances of starting in MK and hopping to DHS and getting a legacy FP for toy story? Not very good. So why would it be expected to be able to hold FP+s for multiple parks?

As for feedback, people randomly get surveys after thier stay. Since TCD isn't "staying" at a resort, he won't get one. A simple email to disney would address your concerns in this instance. AP testers should be asked to complete surveys during testing. I hope they won't be ignored and tsken seriously.

Also, those CMs walking around with tablets are survey CMs. They ask a multitude of questions. Ranging from how your day was to the food at the park. Stop and fill out a few. Takes a few mins and Disney (contrary to belief) does read and react to those. If you don't like something, complaining does nothing but make you stew on the matter. Constructive feedback can make changes happen.

Good point.  But, knowing how hard Toy Story FP's were to score, a savvy park hopper would start at DHS at rope drop, head right to Toy Story, pull paper FP's ride Toy Story, go do a few more things- like probably ride both TOT and RNRC, and then ride Toy Story again and then hop to MK, where there would still be paper FP choices out the wazoo.  Under the new system, that isn't going to happen.

It would be nice to think that Disney cares about my opinion, but I know better.  This MDE thing isn't going anywhere.  They have their reasons for plowing ahead with this, and they have made it very clear that they do not value the opinions of AP holders.  Look- they have basically rolled out the entire system and they are just now starting to make it available to AP holders.  They don't care.

TCD

True about TSM, but our experience would typically be that we'd start at HS with TSM, then head to ToT/RnRC (FP one and ride the other) and then hop over to MK later in the afternoon/evening and grab a FP for Splash, Space or BTMRR or maybe even Peter Pan.

That scenario won't work any more.

If this whole FP+ is still in a test phase, which it is, they should not have gotten rid of the old fast pass system. But I guess they will have to see how everything reacts when ALL guest are using the FP+ system. I think that now the old machines are gone from a parks, you will definately see more issues with less windows of opportunity to change ride times. As I stated earlier they should have never have the option to switch times. The old system you couldn't and it was one less problem to deal with. Again, the tier thing should be the biggest worry for out of towners who only do 1 park per trip

This was just posted to Orlando Attractions Magazine...

Select Walt Disney World passholders receiving their MagicBands

February 3, 2014 | Disney, Walt Disney World

Annual-passholder-magicbands-620x316.jpg

With all the Walt Disney World resorts now on a full rollout of the MyMagic+ testing, annual passholders are slowly getting their invites to test the system and receive their MagicBands.

Passholder-discount-card-at-disney.jpg

Passholder discount card at disneyRandom annual passholderers have received an e-mail inviting them to be part of the test and receive their MagicBands. For a brief time last week some passholders were also randomly picked at Disney park entrances to take part in the test, but that has since ended.

When a passholder is selected, they are able to customize their MagicBand on MyDisneyExperience.com. When they receive their band in the mail, it will include an exclusive MagicSlider for passholders, as well as a new discount card they’ll use to access free parking and discounts. The discount card is not RFID-enabled and cannot be used for entry or FastPass+.

Annual passholders who have yet to receive their invite to get their MagicBands can still utilize the FastPass+ system once they are in the parks. Recently on Orlando Attractions Magazine: The Show we went over how FastPass+ works for those without bands. You can watch that video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ir7c2MasA8M

If you have any other questions about MyMagic+, FastPass+ or MagicBands, you can head to our MyMagic+ FAQ.

Special thanks to Michael Hackett for the photos.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/disney-world-passholders-starting-receive-magicbands/