OK, a Fiend just reported that they have a 1-night stay and were invited to participate in the test and were sent Magic Bands, which I'm guessing is tied to their room reservation.  From what I read, I'm guessing they have annual passes.  So are their annual passes tied to the magic bands?

So could a person get FP+ with the room key magic band, and have separate annual passes and get regular fastpasses through the manual system using their AP tickets?

My understanding is the bands tie to your tickets, but right now you have to have a room reservation to get a test.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

Did they give you talking points about Starbucks too?

Of course, plus two pages of FAQs.

They told us that Starbucks products would be offered at Disney owned locations and served by Disney CMs, just like they serve many other 3rd party products at other locations throughout WDW, like Coke, Nestlie, Joffreys, Chicquita, Dannon, Smuckers, just to name a few.

Testing continues, with initial feedback so far being positive.

Recently more Magic Kingdom attractions have been added to the round of testing that began July 28:

Ariel’s Grotto

it's a small world

Mad Tea Party

Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

Tomorrowland Speedway.

Fridays-Sundays during August, FASTPASS+ testing will also include:

Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade

Main Street Electrical Parade

Wishes

Recently more Magic Kingdom attractions have been added to the round of testing that began July 28:

Ariel’s Grotto

it's a small world why would you waste a FB on this?

Mad Tea Party does it really get busy enough to need a fb?  

Magic Carpets of Aladdin Dumbo but less busy... I have never seen this ride with more than a 20min wait

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor This is just an attempt to get Disney Novices to waste a perfectly good FP

Tomorrowland Speedway. I kinda get this one but still wouldn't it be better used else where.

Fridays-Sundays during August, FASTPASS+ testing will also include: Once again, seems like a waste of FB to me

Wishes

Ariel’s Grotto

it's a small world why would you waste a FB on this?

Mad Tea Party does it really get busy enough to need a fb?  

Magic Carpets of Aladdin Dumbo but less busy... I have never seen this ride with more than a 20min wait

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor This is just an attempt to get Disney Novices to waste a perfectly good FP

Tomorrowland Speedway. I kinda get this one but still wouldn't it be better used else where.

Fridays-Sundays during August, FASTPASS+ testing will also include: Once again, seems like a waste of FB to me

Wishes

Of course those are wastes of Fastpasses.

But, they are promising each guest three Fastpasses per day.

They aren't promising you which three you get.  So, you want to visit MK?  Guess what, your FP's for that day are for the Laugh Floor, Teacups and Small World!   That's three! Have a magical day with your Magic Bands!  Oh, and PS, since you have a Magic Band, you can't even get a paper FP for a good ride.  Have fun.

TCD

OK, a Fiend just reported that they have a 1-night stay and were invited to participate in the test and were sent Magic Bands, which I'm guessing is tied to their room reservation.  From what I read, I'm guessing they have annual passes.  So are their annual passes tied to the magic bands?

So could a person get FP+ with the room key magic band, and have separate annual passes and get regular fastpasses through the manual system using their AP tickets?

In order to get fast pass+ you must have a ticket linked to the magic band

They aren't promising you which three you get.  So, you want to visit MK?  Guess what, your FP's for that day are for the Laugh Floor, Teacups and Small World!   That's three! Have a magical day with your Magic Bands!  Oh, and PS, since you have a Magic Band, you can't even get a paper FP for a good ride.  

TCD

You're making it sound like Disney is assigning the FPs. That's not the case.

If you meant that those are the only attractions left that have FPs available by the time you make selections, who knows.

This is a test, if you want the regular FPs, then don't volunteer for the test.

In order to get fast pass+ you must have a ticket linked to the magic band

Is that a question or a statement?

If you meant that those are the only attractions left that have FPs available by the time you make selections, who knows.

Yes, this is just a test.  And not a very realistic one.  The guests participating can still pull paper Fastpasses, and they are not competing against the thousands of other guests who will ultimately all by trying to get the same Fastpasses.

But, one day the tests will end and the program will be fully implemented.

At that time, Fastpasses for the good rides will go fast and there will be many unsuspecting guests stuck with Fastpasses for attractions that have never historically come close to needing Fastpass.

TCD

A new bit of info.

If/when FastPass+ becomes "unavailable" during the arrival window of Guests participating in the MyMagic+ testing, Guests will receive email notification.

A notice will also appear when using the FastPass+ kiosks.

If this occurs, Guests will be able to choose from an alternate set of experiences using My Disney Experience.

For Guests without mobile devices, you should see attraction Cast Members for assistance.

There is no mention as to what "unavailable" means or why the system might be unavailable.

Also no word if this will be standard operating procedure once the MyMagic+ system is available to all Guests.

A new bit of info.

If/when FastPass+ becomes "unavailable" during the arrival window of Guests participating in the MyMagic+ testing, Guests will receive email notification.

A notice will also appear when using the FastPass+ kiosks.

If this occurs, Guests will be able to choose from an alternate set of experiences using My Disney Experience.

For Guests without mobile devices, you should see attraction Cast Members for assistance.

There is no mention as to what "unavailable" means or why the system might be unavailable.

Also no word if this will be standard operating procedure once the MyMagic+ system is available to all Guests.

This link explains it more.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/30jul2013-how-mymagic-handles-attraction-closures-with-fastpass.htm

Confirming that the new system for notifying Guests of FastPass+ downtime will be in place when rolled out to all Guests. Internally the procedure is called "Automated Downtime Recovery"

Here is an example of the notification email, plus the 3 screens that you will see during the process of selecting an alternate experience.

FastPass-Change.jpg

FastPass-Select.jpg

FastPass-Choose.jpg

FastPass-View.jpg

Is that a question or a statement?

That was a statement. I guess I should use punctuation.

• 2 weeks later...

FastPass+ kiosks have been setup inside all 4 Disney theme parks. These kiosks will be able to help Guests who have not yet made FastPass+ selections to use "FastPicks" to make their FastPass+ selections for that day. The kiosks will also be available for Guests  to modify FastPass+ times or attractions.

In addition to these kiosks, there are Service Centers available for Guests. These service centers will include self-service kiosks that will give Guests full My Disney Experience functionality. Guest Relations Cast Members will also be on hand to assist Guests.

FASTPASS+ KIOSK LOCATIONS

Magic Kingdom:
City Hall
Storybook Circus
Adventureland breezeway
Tomorrowland DVC booth
Splash Mountain
Fantasy Faire

Epcot:
Tip Board
International Gateway
Future World breezeway
Test Track

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Tip Board

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Guest Relations Lobby
Disney Outfitters
Kali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl

MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE SERVICE CENTER LOCATIONS

Magic Kingdom - Town Square Theater
Epcot - outside of Guest Relations

Hollywood Studios - Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind
Animal Kingdom - Guest Relations

I have it on good authority that the MyMagic+ Cast Member reference guide is hot off the presses – which may suggest that wide release to all Guests isn’t too far down the road. This will be the resource for CMs to help Guests with the entire range of MyMagic+ offerings.  Some info that might be helpful for people still trying to get a handle on all this…

ONGOING TESTING/ROLLOUT

“We are testing with Cast Members and Guests as we prepare for the rollout of MyMagic+ across the Walt Disney World® Resort. More and more Guests are using MagicBands for resort room entry, park entry, payment (where touch-to-pay functionality is available) and FastPass+ redemption.”

Official word on the rollout of MyMagic+ to all Guests is currently only “later this year. Please continue to visit the Disney Parks blog and MyDisneyExperience.com for additional information regarding MyMagic+.”

MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE

What is My Disney Experience?

• Guests can use this digital guide to the magic to personalize their Walt Disney World Resort vacations before leaving home or during their visit.
  • The web-based version is available at
    www.mydisneyexperience.com
  • The free mobile app is available via the App Store for iPhones and iPads, via Google Play for Android smart phones and the Amazon App Store for Kindle Fire.
  • Wi-Fi is available in many public areas across the Walt Disney World Resort. The network name for Wi-Fi in the theme parks and Downtown Disney is “Disney-Guest.”

What Can I Do With My Disney Experience?

• Link resort reservations
  • Link theme park tickets
  • Customize MagicBands (see more below)
  • Connect and plan with family and friends
  • Make FastPass+ selections (see more below)
  • Make dining reservations
  • View an interactive map
  • Find attraction wait times
  • Find show times
  • Find nearby experiences and services

How Do I Get Help With My Disney Experience?

Service centers are located in all four Walt Disney World theme parks and at Downtown Disney (see post above). Cast Members will be available to assist Guests and there will be tablets for Guests to use to access My Disney Experience. Additional Guest Relations CMs will be available at FastPass+ Kiosk locations throughout the theme parks (see post above).

MAGICBANDS

What are Magic Bands?

• This key to unlocking the magic serves as resort room key, park admission (valid theme park admission required), access to FastPass+ experiences, payment method (optional), and access to Disney PhotoPass™ Service (coming soon) all rolled into one. And it’s waterproof!
  • The MagicBand connects Guests to all of the vacation choices that they make with My Disney Experience.

Magic Band General Information

• Currently all MagicBand Touch to Pay purchases require a PIN.
  • A biometric (finger scan) or photo ID is required for theme park entry.
  • No personal data is stored on the MagicBand.
  • If you lose your MagicBand you can disable it yourself via My Disney Experience on the website or mobile app.  You can also report a lost MagicBand to Guest Relations or the Front Desk CM at your resort, and they can disable it for you.

FASTPASS+

What is FastPass+?

• Disney FastPass+ service allows Guests to reserve access to some of their favorite experiences in advance, giving them more time to explore and enjoy our parks and resorts.
  • Our portfolio is more than doubling so Guests can select from more than 60 different experiences, including parades, nighttime spectaculars, shows and character greetings, in addition to an expanded list of attractions.
  • Before leaving home, Guests can visit My Disney Experience and select up to three FastPass+ experiences at one park per day (theme park admission required).

FastPass+ General Information

• You can make FastPass+ selections for one theme park per day.  There has been some conflicting information bout this during testing, but this is the official Disney line on how this will work.
  • You can make 3 FastPass+ selections per day at any time before or during your visit.
  • You can change your FastPass+ selections at any time through the My Disney Experience website or mobile app, or at any of the FastPass+ Kiosks located throughout  the WDW theme parks (see post above).
  • If a FastPass+ selection you have made becomes unavailable for some reason, you will be notified via email. You will also be able to see these notifications at the FastPass+ Kiosks. You will generally then be given a group of alternative FastPass+ experiences to substitute. If your FastPass+ selection becomes unavailable near the end of the park day, you may be issued an alternate selection for the following day.

TOUCH TO PAY

What is Touch to Pay?

• Touch-to-pay functionality is available at merchandise locations, quick-service restaurants and other locations.

• We are implementing a new mobile device at table-service restaurants, pool bars and other select locations that also facilitates payment with a MagicBand.

• The new payment devices allow Cast Members to look up Disney Dining Plan information.

Touch to Pay General Information

• Upon resort check-in, If you have charging privileges on your MagicBand, you will also setup a PIN.
  • When making a payment at a Touch to Pay location, you will touch your MagicBand to the touch point and enter your PIN to complete the transaction and charge that purchase to your room account.
  • If you forget your PIN, see Guest Relations or the Front Desk CM at your resort for assistance.
  • There are still some locations that are not equipped with Touch to Pay functionality.  Guests should continue to carry their valid KTTW card with them to use at these locations.
  • Passholders, DVC Members and Cast Members may be required to still show their valid card for discounts and parking privileges.

TOUCH TO ENTER

What is Touch to Enter?

• Guests can now enter Walt Disney World Resort hotel rooms by touching their MagicBands or Key to the World cards.
  • Turnstiles are being replaced with touch points at our theme parks and water parks. Instead of entering through turnstiles, Guests can simply touch to enter.

Touch to Enter General Information

• If you experience difficulty using your MagicBand to enter your room or a common door at your resort, see a Front Desk CM for assistance.
  • A biometric (finger scan) or photo ID will be required in addition to touching your MagicBand to the turnstile touch point for theme park entry.

chances of everyone who shows up for halloween having to get one are?

If you mean the MagicBand, you don't have to have one in order to use the MyMagic features that are already in place.

The cards that are being given to everyone when they stay on property, buy a ticket, or have an AP, will do exactly the same thing as a MB.

If you mean the MagicBand, you don't have to have one in order to use the MyMagic features that are already in place.

The cards that are being given to everyone when they stay on property, buy a ticket, or have an AP, will do exactly the same thing as a MB.

wondering when they will start issuing the bands