• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

No is the short answer. The two things are not dependent on each other.

I am still as confused as before then.

So i can sign up for FP+ attractions but if not selected for a test, those reservations wot be honored?

But since i will have magicbands, i wont be able to get regular fast passes either?

But since i will have magicbands, i wont be able to get regular fast passes either?

For as long as the testing is going on (which appears it will until the end of the year, at least), your actual pass/ticket can still be used to pull  paper Fastpasses and, if you're a resort guest, your KTTW card can too. 

If some kind Fiend loaned you some of his old but still active KTTW cards, you would have more FP's than you would know what to do with.

TCD

Just fyi but you can still get into the parks with paper APs, they will call someone over at the turnstiles to scan them and you will need a photo ID.

We finally converted ours to the new cards yesterday but got into the parks 3 times in the prior few days with the old paper ones. (didn't try using them for any FPs)

Weekend before last on the tram ride into AK they made the announcement that paper passes must be turned in for the new RFID cards.  I am sure if you show up at park entry its faster for them to call someone over to do a special scan and have you show ID. But if you want to just get in the park with out delay you need to get the new cards.  

For as long as the testing is going on (which appears it will until the end of the year, at least), your actual pass/ticket can still be used to pull  paper Fastpasses and, if you're a resort guest, your KTTW card can too. 

If some kind Fiend loaned you some of his old but still active KTTW cards, you would have more FP's than you would know what to do with.

TCD

Cough cough

For any further testing of MyMagic+, ONLY a MB will be used. No KTTW cards will be issued for resort guests.

What about KTTW cards already issued and still active?  Are those going to be shut down?

TCD

A fiend was supposed to test the validity of that. Wonder who that was?

Anyway, I havnt heard if that even works or not to begin with.

But as long as the legacy FP machines are still operating, they can be used one way or another (bonus points to anyone who sung that last line).

A fiend was supposed to test the validity of that. Wonder who that was?

Anyway, I havnt heard if that even works or not to begin with.

But as long as the legacy FP machines are still operating, they can be used one way or another (bonus points to anyone who sung that last line).

Spoiler alert- I used my four KTTW cards from my September trip to pull paper FP's at Epcot and the MK on Sunday, October 20th.  Worked like a charm.

But maybe it won't work again :(

TCD

Now I wish I would have saved all of my old KTTW cards. 15 of them. That plus my ID plus my maingate, that's allot of FPs.

Yeah.  I don't know where my KTTW cards are from my May trip.  I usually leave them in the little envelope they come in in the truck, and toss them whenever I am cleaning it.  I found some older ones, but not my May ones.  Those show as being active on MDE.  I looked for them before this past weekend, but couldn't find them. I've never had a reason to try to keep up with them in the past. That would have given me 8 KTTW cards plus our passes.  But, since they're enforcing return times, it gets to the point that you really can't use all the FP's you could possibly pull.

Plus, they are monkeying with the return times, big time!  I'm going to cover that dirty little trick in my TR, as it's a long story what happened to me on Sunday morning in Epcot.  Things are continuing to evolve as this all gets figured out.

TCD

Ultimately legacy FPs will be phased out and the only way to get FPs will be FP+. Which is good. Good, because every attraction at WDW will have a FP+ tied to it and you will know your return time before ever entering the park or you can goto one kiosk and get all of your FP+s at one time. Compare this to only limited attractions have FPs now and you have to run all over the park to get them.

So, can someone explain this to me. I like to plan trips even though sometimes they don't happen. I know that I need the reservation before I even begin to try convincing DH to go or seeing if our final schedule will allow it or figure if it's going to be worthwhile to camp. So I made a reservation that includes the beginning of Thanksgiving week. Because of the ridiculous reservation system I kept adding days at the front end until I got a full hook up reservation that included the days I wanted plus a bunch of days I didn't want. I actually tried making a reservation over the phone and explained to the CM about adding days to the reservation and then taking them off, but she didn't seem to get it -- "why do you want to make a reservation for days you won't be there?" "Umm, because that's how your stupid system works.". After I made the online reservation I called and reduced the # of days to the days I (theoretically) wanted.

A week or so later I found there was now a cheaper tent/pop up site, which was what I really wanted, available if I added a bunch of days I didn't want.  So I booked that. I haven't gotten a chance to call and cancel the first reservation or shorten the second one yet. So, in the meantime, I've been selected for magicband testing for both reservations. One set is on its way and one set is being shipped soon. It's possible I won't even keep either of these reservations that I can cancel up to 5 days before the arrival date.

So apparently I got myself 10 souvenir wristbands (family of 5 x 2 overlapping reservations) if we don't make the trip and 5 extras even if we do?  Also, I can make dining reservations now, but I can't make FP+.  And I'm already worrying about FP+ if we do go after reading TCD's TR about how late FP times were even early in the morning probably because of people making FP+ reservations.   I have non-expiration paper tickets from Undercover Tourist that I bought last June.  Do I have to link those to make FP+ reservations? If I link the tickets, do I have to make sure to know which set of magicbands I link them to and make sure to keep up with those bands for any future trips?

I wonder what the projections are for the number of people not showing up for their FP+ time. I'm guessing it will be a lot more than with the paper FP.  I miss the paper FP with the non-enforced return time. I really do think that was the best system. 

So, can someone explain this to me. I like to plan trips even though sometimes they don't happen. I know that I need the reservation before I even begin to try convincing DH to go or seeing if our final schedule will allow it or figure if it's going to be worthwhile to camp. So I made a reservation that includes the beginning of Thanksgiving week. Because of the ridiculous reservation system I kept adding days at the front end until I got a full hook up reservation that included the days I wanted plus a bunch of days I didn't want. I actually tried making a reservation over the phone and explained to the CM about adding days to the reservation and then taking them off, but she didn't seem to get it -- "why do you want to make a reservation for days you won't be there?" "Umm, because that's how your stupid system works.". After I made the online reservation I called and reduced the # of days to the days I (theoretically) wanted.

A week or so later I found there was now a cheaper tent/pop up site, which was what I really wanted, available if I added a bunch of days I didn't want.  So I booked that. I haven't gotten a chance to call and cancel the first reservation or shorten the second one yet. So, in the meantime, I've been selected for magicband testing for both reservations. One set is on its way and one set is being shipped soon. It's possible I won't even keep either of these reservations that I can cancel up to 5 days before the arrival date.

So apparently I got myself 10 souvenir wristbands (family of 5 x 2 overlapping reservations) if we don't make the trip and 5 extras even if we do?  Also, I can make dining reservations now, but I can't make FP+.  And I'm already worrying about FP+ if we do go after reading TCD's TR about how late FP times were even early in the morning probably because of people making FP+ reservations.   I have non-expiration paper tickets from Undercover Tourist that I bought last June.  Do I have to link those to make FP+ reservations? If I link the tickets, do I have to make sure to know which set of magicbands I link them to and make sure to keep up with those bands for any future trips?

I wonder what the projections are for the number of people not showing up for their FP+ time. I'm guessing it will be a lot more than with the paper FP.  I miss the paper FP with the non-enforced return time. I really do think that was the best system. 

In order to make FP+ selections, you need valid park media (entry/tickets) linked to your account. Once the park media is linked, you can make FP+ selections.

When you link the park media, you assign it to a member of the family. Once assigned, the MB is now the park media and you no longer need paper ticket. So as long as you keep track of who has what MB, you are set. You do not assign to a specific MB, just a person.

For the MBs, you will want to keep track of which MB is assigned to which reservation. During testing it matters, in the long run when fully rolled out, it wont matter. So mark your boxes so you know which MBs you need to take if you go. If you end up cancelling all of the reservations, the MBs and FP+s don't matter and you can set them aside.

The non enforced return time was not the best system. It was the system that worked best for you. But not enforcing the return times defeated the whole purpose of the system, to control crowd flow. Imagine everyone who got a FP at 9 am decided to wait till 7 pm to cash those in. Now, you no longer have a FP line, you have another hour wait in a second line. The system evenly distributes the return times to help queue flow and keep your wait to a minimum.

And my biggest fear is the AP holders. They can make FP+ selections for everyday on the off chance they decide to pop into the park. If they don't go, no skin off their back. But then a FP slot Is lost pushing the times up or even running out all together.

And my biggest fear is the AP holders. They can make FP+ selections for everyday on the off chance they decide to pop into the park. If they don't go, no skin off their back. But then a FP slot Is lost pushing the times up or even running out all together.

This is a legitimate concern, and I think it's going to lead to some kind of restriction on AP holders.  Otherwise, there is no disincentive for them to do exactly what you describe, and it will mess up the system for guests who actually are in the parks.

TCD

Another question. Are the FP+s tied to the resort reservation or to the tickets. I have room only reservation with separate tickets. I can't make FP+ reservations until I link my tickets. I'm assuming once I link my tickets I can only make FP+ reservations for the dates of my resort reservation? If I cancel my resort reservation and stay off site, will my FP+ reservations still be tied to my tickets and therefore still valid? Or do they cancel with the resort reservation?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've got a question for the future, once folks have their permanent MBs and their own MDE account.

How does one combine those for future reservations.

Two examples:

1: WWW

I have a Magic Band, Lorna has a Magic Band, Doodle has a Magic Band, Mo has a Magic Band. We all have our own MDE accounts.

We decide we want to share a campsite one weekend and one of us makes a reservation. How do all those Magic Bands and MDE accounts get tied to that reservation.

2: Guest dropping in for a few days after reservation has started.

I'm staying at the Fort for a couple weeks, and invite TJ and Missy, (they have Magic Bands and their own MDE account) to spend the weekend with me. How do their Magic Bands get added to have Fort access?

OK, experts, how is all that gonna work!!!!

OK, I've got a question for the future, once folks have their permanent MBs and their own MDE account.

Two examples:

I have a Magic Band, Lorna has a Magic Band, Doodle has a Magic Band, Mo has a Magic Band. We all have our own MDE accounts.

We decide we want to share a campsite one weekend and one of us makes a reservation. How do all those Magic Bands and MDE accounts get tied to that reservation.

I'm staying at the Fort for a couple weeks, and invite TJ and Missy, (they have Magic Bands and their own MDE account) to spend the weekend with me. How do their Magic Bands get added to have Fort access?

From what I've read, you will need to go into the Outpost at least twice and this will take approximately 3-5 CM's 5 or so hours to figure out.

Have a magical time!

TCD

Two examples:

Lorna, Jason or T J should be able to answer that since it basically just happened this week/weekend.

Lorna, Jason or T J should be able to answer that since it basically just happened this week/weekend.

Not really, the Fort is still in the test, and a new set of Magic Bands is being issued for each reservation in the test.  I know (saw pictures) that Doodle added Jason to their reservation ahead of time and the Magic Band came in.

Now, not sure how the separate MDE accounts were handled.

What I really want to know is what happens when repeat visitors have their permanent Magic Bands, and things are combined. and separated and intertwined, depending on that particular reservation mix.