I'd be willing to bet someone around here has comfort station pics and yes, they are super clean and nice.

We usually stay on a preferred loop and I've never seen the comfort stations very crowded.  When the Wild Womenz stayed on a full hookup in February we *were* the crowd at the showers, but I don't think that's typical.  I'd expect the comfort stations on the partial loops to be the busiest since those don't have sewer hookups.

Laundry facilities are in the same building.  Here's a bunch more info and photos...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/laundry-facilities-at-fort-wilderness-r150

Comfort stations are nicer than the bathrooms in some hotels I've ever stayed in....we usually stay on a "tent" loop and oddly enough, the boys in my family have had to wait longer for showers than I have. 

I've not been to Fort Wilderness during the busiest times of the year; but, I've never had to wait for a shower.  I have had to wait 5-10 minutes for a sink when ladies laid out all of their makeup, hair gel, tooth brush/paste, blow dryer and camped out without regard to those waiting (this was the 1500 partial hookup loop). 

I've not been to Fort Wilderness during the busiest times of the year; but, I've never had to wait for a shower.  I have had to wait 5-10 minutes for a sink when ladies laid out all of their makeup, hair gel, tooth brush/paste, blow dryer and camped out without regard to those waiting (this was the 1500 partial hookup loop). 

me too. I wonder if it's something with the 1500 loop. I swear when we were there a few years ago, those ladies and their ditty bags really made me feel like an unprepared slob...

Even during Christmas week in the 2000 loop partial hook up, and I never had to wait for anything at the comfort station. Think is for the men's room, so, we usually are quick at the sinks.

They comfort stations are the gold standard for you to compare all future comfort station to.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When does Starbucks open ?

The one on Main Street is open.

The one in the 1500 loop comfort station won't be open for a while.

The comfort station will be closed for 8 months when they get going on it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when it reopens, there will no longer be any sinks, showers, toilets, washing machines or dryers, but there will be a selection of your favorite comfort station amenities, and it won't be called a Starbucks, darn it, it's still the 1500 loop comfort station.

TCD

Oh, I forgot to mention that when it reopens, there will no longer be any sinks, showers, toilets, washing machines or dryers, but there will be a selection of your favorite comfort station amenities, and it won't be called a Starbucks, darn it, it's still the 1500 loop comfort station.

And when it reopens, it will no longer offer the hand soap that they have been, which btw, TCD and Dave rave about non stop. They say it keeps their delicate skin soft and fragrant. But all is not lost, you can get it at Gaston's Tavern. I've heard it's not exactly the same though.

And when it reopens, it will no longer offer the hand soap that they have been, which btw, TCD and Dave rave about non stop. They say it keeps their delicate skin soft and fragrant. But all is not lost, you can get it at Gaston's Tavern. I've heard it's not exactly the same though.

Shoot!  I didn't hear about the soap.

Time to start an on-line petition.

Do you know if I will be able to use my Starbucks gift card at the 1500 Loop Comfort Station?

TCD

Shoot!  I didn't hear about the soap.

Time to start an on-line petition.

Do you know if I will be able to use my Starbucks gift card at the 1500 Loop Comfort Station?

TCD

I'll even sign that petition, I loved that hand soap.

Yes, you will be able to use gift cards, but only on the 6th Tuesday of every month.

Poor boatms...little did they know they would start this snark-storm.  :rofl2:

I was there in September, when it's less crowded, in the 1500 loop and the bathrooms were never crowded. I never had to wait for a shower. And, as everyone else said, beautifully clean. 

Poor boatms...little did they know they would start this snark-storm.  

As is usually the case, questions get answered by about the 10th post. Except in extreme cases, the answers become redundant and boring, and the 10th post hijack rule gets invoked by someone. This time it was TCD on the 11th post.

As interesting as a discussion about restrooms with showers can be, what else needs to be said after it's been established that they're clean and not usually crowded?