• 1 month later...

These are my two big boys. The golden retriever is the youngest - he'll be a year old in September. The big guy is a golden doodle and a little over a year and a half old.

BzIg1Oa.jpg

SQRM71w.jpg

Anyone interested will be able to meet my two next month at the Fort. Despite their size, they are extremely friendly.

nag nag nag...

7558988492_c58941a83d_c.jpg

7558988140_b6f1147a2f_c.jpg

and from Bz's birthday celebration at the Fort last year...

9290143480_225d586b82_c.jpg

Oh and Brian made me ask for that lei when we ate at 'Ohana just so we could take that picture.   8)

If nagging is what it takes..... :hah:

So Brady says "when are you taking me to see the steak lady again?" 

Lyn says "you should have been here".

Bz... well there is one big problem with that picture, as cute as it is.  

(Brian is a hoot!)

By the way.... I say, 'Aaaaawwwwwwwwww'

Bz... well there is one big problem with that picture, as cute as it is. 

The fact that her tongue isn't sticking out? 

And yes, Brian is a hoot.  He went to Guest Relations one year to get buttons for all the dogs.  And yes, we have the photos.

He also wanted me to Photoshop out the dirt on Bz's chin in that photo.  I refused on the grounds that...

SHE'S A DOG 

I think we need a pet bragging thread for all those who have pets. 

Yes we do, good idea.

I'll start!  This is my first post and I'll brag about how cute my pups are! (and it's also a good way for me to figure out how to post a pic)

Very cute, but aren't they all.

These are my two big boys. The golden retriever is the youngest - he'll be a year old in September. The big guy is a golden doodle and a little over a year and a half old.

Just pups.

Awwwww!  I need a dog so until i can get one

Get on the stick and pick out a house so you can get one.

Anyone interested will be able to meet my two next month at the Fort. Despite their size, they are extremely friendly.

Looking forward to it.

and from Bz's birthday celebration at the Fort last year...

Oh and Brian made me ask for that lei when we ate at 'Ohana just so we could take that picture.   

I get to see the clan again in a couple of months.

Brian is a hoot!

Yes he is.

The fact that her tongue isn't sticking out? 

And yes, Brian is a hoot.  He went to Guest Relations one year to get buttons for all the dogs.  And yes, we have the photos.

He also wanted me to Photoshop out the dirt on Bz's chin in that photo.  I refused on the grounds that...

SHE'S A DOG 

and that's she's too durn posed to be saying anything

STand that ground!

Ok here we go from oldest to youngest. This may take a while.

Pepper Anne and Riley

PepperandRiley.jpg

Nada, posing for her glamour picture showing off one of Jen's jersey's'

Nada1.jpg

Harley, too cool for school!

100_6395.jpg

Dexter, he is Mama's boy!

100_6437.jpg

And last but not in her mind...Callie!

017.jpg

Vet bills are a killer with our two, and they are healthy. If they need surgery, the anesthesia is charged by the weight, so neutering these guys was much much more than when we had little guys. And the food bill - forget about it. We feed them the good stuff, and at 50 to 60 bucks a bag, it adds up fast. They go thru about a hundred bucks worth of food a month. We gave up on the cute soft squeaky toys - they destroy them in minutes. Now they just get hard chew toys, Kongs and the occasional towel to play tug-o-war with.

We made the mistake last year of scheduling the annual exams for all 3 dogs at the same time - right before vacation.  :bugeyes:

Sure it was great to get it all out of the way in one day, but not so great to walk out of there with our bank account $1000 lighter - and that was with only a couple of needed vaccines!

Food for us is more work than expense.  We feed raw and are currently feeding 3 dogs for what it used to cost us to feed 2 on good quality kibble.  Just involves more planning, lugging, chopping and packing than anything.

Honestly the biggest dog-related expense we have is my monthly payment for "their" camper.  :rofl2:

Ok here we go from oldest to youngest. This may take a while.

Pepper Anne and Riley - 

PepperandRiley.jpg

Nada, posing for her glamour picture showing off one of Jen's jersey's'

Nada1.jpg

Harley, too cool for school!

100_6395.jpg

Dexter, he is Mama's boy!

100_6437.jpg

And last but not in her mind...Callie!

017.jpg

1.  Dynamic Duo?

2.  Be still my heart... it just melted.

3.  harley looks a bit, well rebellious, I like that!

4.  Dexter.... he's a Ma stealer!

5.  Awwwwww....

We are lucky right now. We have a fantastic vet. We also don't schedule all their appointments at the same time. Another plus his we have a 3 year rabies vaccine and 3 year license program here. That means not all of them fall into the same vaccination period. and I never have more than two scheduled in the same year.

Dental cleanings run me about $120 dollars so that gets done as needed not yearly. I take good care of their teeth at home so so far I have been pretty lucky in that area.