Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

One thing that I liked was that once the line moves inside, it doesn't snake around forever and ever.  Those of us in line were concerned we'd go around a corner and there would be miles more of the queue to go through (like Big Thunder when it's busy), but there wasn't.

I meant to comment on this.  I was surprised that for the 24 hour day, the stand-by line snaked around the entire mountain, toward the Tea Cups, and around, at some points going all the way back to Ariel's ride.  And this was with no guests using the FP+ line.  Will there come a time when the line completely circles the ride?  I can't believe that with all the space they had to work with, they didn't incorporate more of the queue within the boundaries of the attraction.

Also, the rocking aspect of the ride vehicles was barely noticeable.  I tried to get our car rocking myself, but Twin #2 was afraid I would break it, so I stopped.  The rocking ride vehicles were nowhere near what the early concept animated video showed.

TCD

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

...Will there come a time when the line completely circles the ride?

With only a 2 hour wait the line reached back towards the entrance to Storybook Circus.  During super busy times, I don't know what the heck they're going to do with this.  It's also going to be horrendously hot for the people outside the actual line queue in the summer.  At least once you are officially in the queue there is shade and the occasional fan.

Also, the rocking aspect of the ride vehicles was barely noticeable. 

Agreed.  I rode alone and the woman next to me had a death grip on the bar, so I didn't even really try to rock it, but I didn't notice anything at all.

DH and I rode Friday night.  We got in line about 9:30pm and waited in line for 70 minutes.

We were able to sit in the very back and we were able to swing the car pretty well.

I did notice they were letting some people through the fastpass line.

The few I saw, had some sort of paper about the size of a half sheet of paper.

Overall we liked it.

I am looking forward to riding it during daylight hours.

How was the view at night?

One thing I overheard a CM saying on Friday was that they weren't really sure of the wait times at this point.  He was standing about 3/4 of the way back towards Storybook Circus (which is where the line was wrapping) with a handheld wait time sign that said 120 minutes.

When I jumped in the line it was probably 30-40 people outside the actual line queue entrance and at that point they were saying the wait was 40 minutes.  It ended up being closer to 30.

And while the interactive stuff is fun, it definitely make the line longer when people stop to play. That may change in time when it's less new and people are willing to bypass that stuff.  In general it seems to load relatively quickly - i.e., there were not long periods of time when we were standing still in one place. They were still letting people play in the queue at that time and the result was that you'd stop for a couple of minutes, then move up a bunch.

How was the view at night?

One thing I overheard a CM saying on Friday was that they weren't really sure of the wait times at this point.  He was standing about 3/4 of the way back towards Storybook Circus (which is where the line was wrapping) with a handheld wait time sign that said 120 minutes.

When I jumped in the line it was probably 30-40 people outside the actual line queue entrance and at that point they were saying the wait was 40 minutes.  It ended up being closer to 30.

And while the interactive stuff is fun, it definitely make the line longer when people stop to play. That may change in time when it's less new and people are willing to bypass that stuff.  In general it seems to load relatively quickly - i.e., there were not long periods of time when we were standing still in one place. They were still letting people play in the queue at that time and the result was that you'd stop for a couple of minutes, then move up a bunch.

The view is really nice - seemed dark in a lot of places outside during the ride.  We were trying to take in everything and missed a lot.

The games are going to be a lag in the waiting. We had the same stop and big gap and go.

I hereby promise not to stalk Twin #2 until such time that she has assumed Jose's position as head of the Wilderness resorts.  And then I will be in her face until she brings back the steak fries (and I'm pretty sure that would be her first order of business anyways). 

I don't think that was the career track she had in mind, but maybe I could persuade her.

She does like steak fries.

TCD

Only a Lou? And it took half a decade to build?

WTF is going on?

For my $, the best thing they put in New Fantasyland is the Storytime with Belle. DD loves it.

Ariel SMB and now Mine Train is a Lou.

So Storytime and a second Dumbo wheel, a Nemo and friends Redux, and a Lou ride that took longer to build than the Magic Kingdom.

Dont get me wrong, I like that they are adding and not just subtracting......but this is the best their great minds could come up with?

I am on a movie line kick again lately......replace Government and NASA with Disney and this pretty much sums it up:

http://youtu.be/cPXPYI0iRbg

A fun video from Disney Parks Blog...

Last week, we officially opened Seven Dwarfs Mine Train inside New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

After the opening ceremony, Orlando Magic players Victor Oladipo and Tobias Harris, “Littles” and “Bigs” from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida and the first seven families chosen to ride the attraction, showed off their Disney Sides by singing “Heigh Ho” from the film.

http://youtu.be/aQMs3Ezt6mQ

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/06/guests-celebrate-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-at-magic-kingdom-parks-with-acapella-version-of-heigh-ho/