Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

What is the height requirement for BTM?

40"

The Goofy rollercoaster is 35"

So, I guess this new ride will fall somewhere in between those experiences.

Not awful, but I thought they could use something a little more thrilling here.  I know how you feel about the Ariel ride, and everything else in this area of the park is kind of low key.  Dumbo, Goofy, Pooh, etc.

TCD

40"

The Goofy rollercoaster is 35"

So, I guess this new ride will fall somewhere in between those experiences.

Not awful, but I thought they could use something a little more thrilling here.  I know how you feel about the Ariel ride, and everything else in this area of the park is kind of low key.  Dumbo, Goofy, Pooh, etc.

TCD

If you are looking for a thrilling Snow White ride, she is looking to make a few extra bucks to help pay for some surgery.  I can hook you up . 

From the Disney Parks Blog...

1sdt119747SMALL.jpg

Earlier today, Imagineers and Design & Engineering marked a milestone in the construction of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

2sdt119747SMALL.jpg

Last week, the team completed the car’s first push/pull test, and today marked the first time the train ran under its own gravity and completed its first drop out of the station.

As a reminder, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is set to debut in 2014.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/behind-the-scenes-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-car-completes-drop-test-at-magic-kingdom-park/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM0723

• 5 weeks later...

Those new aerial photos confirm that this thing is a long way from being finished.

Things seemed to be moving along nicely after the other New Fantasyland stuff opened.  It seemed possible then that they would have this done and at least have soft openings for the upcoming Christmas season.

But, they have since clearly put the brakes on, and are delaying the opening for some time well into 2014.

TCD

They need something to announce in 2014.........

"Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here is the ride that took us longer to build than it took Universal to build an entire new land.

That either means our ride is ridiculously awesome or we are just incredibly slow."

-Bobby (sometime in 2014)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From Inside the Magic...

Walt Disney World plans summer press event showing off Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, MyMagic+, and more new offeringsTopics: Disney, Entertainment, Magic Kingdom, Special Event, Theme Parks, Walt Disney WorldTags: Fastpass, Festival of Fantasy, MyMagic, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

As fans eagerly await the official debut of the newest Walt Disney World theme park enhancements and attractions, Disney has scheduled a 3-day summer media event that will unveil all their latest offerings.

Walt Disney World traditionally holds a massive press event at the beginning of the busy summer season each year to tout to worldwide media all the most exciting elements being added. This year, that includes a preview of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the Magic Kingdom.

The event will take place April 30 – May 2, 2014. No opening date has been announced yet for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but attending press will be given a chance to “preview” the attraction during these dates, likely indicating that the ride will be ready to run by then. It may or may not be open to the public at that point, but it will surely be shown off in a grand fashion. Soft openings or other previews prior to these dates are entirely possible, but (as is always the case) are not announced ahead of time.

In addition, Disney will be unveiling MyMagic+ to the press, a possible indication that they aim to complete their ongoing MagicBand and FastPass+ testing by the time this press event begins and summer crowds descend on the parks.

Also included in the press event will be the Festival of Fantasy parade, which is scheduled to debut some time next month (March 2014), Princess Fairytale Hall, which has already been open for several months, along with new restaurants and Disney resort villas.

So come back to Inside the Magic at the end of April for coverage of all the excitement from Disney’s summer media preview event!

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headlines/walt-disney-world-plans-summer-press-event-showing-off-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-mymagic-and-more-new-offerings/

Orlando Attractions Magazine posted this to Facebook today...

https://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine

So there we have it.

The Mine Train is Disney's answer to the new stuff being unveiled over at Universal Studios this summer.

It's obvious that Disney will delay the opening of the Mine Train so they can use it to market to families this summer.

By dragging out the Mine Train opening, they can have this big press event and announce all the "new" things they have for us to enjoy this summer. Never mind that 90% of what they will be marketing as new had been around for a year or more.  We will probably here a lot about blue aliens too.

TCD

So there we have it.

The Mine Train is Disney's answer to the new stuff being unveiled over at Universal Studios this summer.

It's obvious that Disney will delay the opening of the Mine Train so they can use it to market to families this summer.

By dragging out the Mine Train opening, they can have this big press event and announce all the "new" things they have for us to enjoy this summer. Never mind that 90% of what they will be marketing as new had been around for a year or more.  We will probably here a lot about blue aliens too.

TCD

All that being said, you'll be there to give us a no-nonsense review of the ride during soft opening, right?