Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

More photos, videos and info from Inside the Magic...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/02/first-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-ride-through-video-shared-by-walt-disney-world-as-final-gem-of-new-fantasyland-nears-completion/

Some highlights...

During a live chat with Imagineer Dave Minichiello on the Disney Parks Blog, a sneak preview of the inside of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride was revealed through a newly released video ride-through.

The ride vehicles themselves are emphasized as the star of the attraction, featuring the ability to rock left and ride while navigating turns. “It’s a completely new experience - not only having the sensation of pivoting back and forth and it varies throughout the attraction,” wrote Minichiello. “You feel differences in the various terrain around the mountain.”

Little else was added about the upcoming ride, though it was noted that progress is moving along inside the attraction, as props are being added to the Dwarfs’ cottage, paint on the rock work, and a forest is appearing throughout the ride’s exterior.

The ride’s interactive queue will offer guests a chance to sort and wash the Dwarfs’ jewels and venture into their vault for the first time. The queue will include a song that was originally written for the “Snow White” film called “Music In Your Soup,” in a new instrumental version as if it was played by the Seven Dwarfs.

The height requirement to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be 38″.

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is scheduled to open in Spring 2014, with no specific opening date offered yet.

Just saw the 38 inch requirement. Guess I will be sitting a spell. Hope there is some kind of other entertainment in the area.

Don't forget you can do the swap, so you can ride too. And if there are other kids in the party (or kids at heart), they can ride twice.

Does anyone else think it looks really slow?

For the coaster purists, another Disney snooze-fest.

If the Dwarfs practiced better hygiene their jewels wouldn't need washing.

(someone had to say it)

No, someone didn't have to say it.

I really need to remember not be drinking something when reading Lou's replies.

Unfortunately for the poster, they gave me an opening that you could drive a Mack truck bus through, I had to do it.

Come on, with a statement like, "Hope there is some kind of other entertainment in the area", how could I leave it alone. We're talking about being at the Magic Kingdom.

They haven't posted since, oh well. Am I going to catch it from the anti-snarky brigade.... again.

That's ok, I'll make up for it by doubling my membership dues.

Fixed that for you.

It helps.

• 3 weeks later...

It's got a logo - it can't be long now!  :)

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Check out the lovely piece of artwork that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us – it’s the first look at the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train logo.

7_dwarfs_logo-1-613x353.jpg

Can you name each of the Seven Dwarfs in order from left to right on your first try? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

For more on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, check out the following Disney Parks Blog stories:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/first-look-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-logo-unveiled/

• 3 weeks later...

From Inside the Magic...

Walt Disney World delivers Seven Dwarfs Mine Train invitation with dedication planned for May in press preview event
by Ricky BrigantePosted on April 4, 2014

seven-dwarfs-mine-train-invitation.jpg

Today Walt Disney World sent out elaborate press kits as invitations to their upcoming summer media event that will include the official dedication of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

The event will take place April 30 - May 2, as previously revealed, focusing on unveiling the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to the world but also showcasing MyMagic+, the Festival of Fantasy parade, and the rest of New Fantasyland.

But the wording of the invitation is very careful, never noting that this is a “grand opening” for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, instead calling it a “first look,” “preview,” and “dedication,” leaving the door open for the attraction to publicly debut sooner or later than during these dates.

Also included in the event will be an “Around Our World” presentation with a look at the future of Walt Disney World, Disney Vacation Club, Disney Cruise Line, and Adventures by Disney, along with a kickoff of the “Rock Your Disney Side” summer.

The invitation itself arrived straight out of the Dwarfs’ mine, wrapped in hay and featuring mock train tickets to see the new attractions, as well as a booklet of “gems” to discover throughout the Magic Kingdom, and a map to help find them. Below is an unboxing of the invitation.

A few photo excerpts...

13628930813_0a74a606d8_z.jpg

13628912455_deef4a021b_z.jpg

13628911895_39cb7c9425_z.jpg

13629269224_4e2f62b53b_z.jpg

13628911225_cd2f9162ae_z.jpg

13628910755_03b4a8d7bc_z.jpg

13628927973_18d752e46f_z.jpg

13629266504_f90b2c105e_z.jpg

Follow the link for more images, video and full article...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/04/walt-disney-world-delivers-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-invitation-with-dedication-planned-for-may-in-press-preview-event/

So, preview April 30 - May 2 and then they can do Grand Opening on May 3? That would work out great since that's the week I'm there! :) We probably can't swing an annual pass right now, but might get a multi-day pass - because I would hate to be there when it opens, and not ride it!

I hate when companies do this. I can understand a press event. That not what I hate. I hate that any yahoo with a blog is considered press now. Most aren't even accurate, good, or worth reading.

An example is I was working with the blue angles one year and they had a press event where they took reporters up for a ride in thier jets. 75% of the "reporters" were young 20 something's who had a blog. Most didn't even blog about aviation. But they got special treatment and rode in the jet because of thier blog. Meanwhile, the disard veterans had to sit watch this all happen with no chance of a ride. The "reporters" didn't have camera crews or recording equipment or even take notes. They took pictures with thier cell phones or video with thier cell phones. And thatS considered news worthy these days.

I hate when companies do this. I can understand a press event. That not what I hate. I hate that any yahoo with a blog is considered press now. Most aren't even accurate, good, or worth reading.

An example is I was working with the blue angles one year and they had a press event where they took reporters up for a ride in thier jets. 75% of the "reporters" were young 20 something's who had a blog. Most didn't even blog about aviation. But they got special treatment and rode in the jet because of thier blog. Meanwhile, the disard veterans had to sit watch this all happen with no chance of a ride. The "reporters" didn't have camera crews or recording equipment or even take notes. They took pictures with thier cell phones or video with thier cell phones. And thatS considered news worthy these days.

Do you not consider Insidethemagic.net a worthy site for this? Just curious. He does write news articles for an Orlando paper as well about Disney and is really very thorough on his coverage. 

Now if Josh gets one in his mother's basement that's a different story. 

Do you not consider Insidethemagic.net a worthy site for this? Just curious. He does write news articles for an Orlando paper as well about Disney and is really very thorough on his coverage. 

Now if Josh gets one in his mother's basement that's a different story. 

I have seen several ITM videos and reports and the video usually sucks. Its shaky and not from a very good vantage point.

They also post rumors and self appointed truths. To me, that's not news worthy. Yes, they do get some stuff right and post some good stuff. But allot of it is stuff gleaned from the internet off other sites and just posted on theirs and the other stuff has more of a "look what I got to see/do" tone rather than a news article.