Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

You can tell how important a WDW press event is by the level of so-called fake press that's being invited. If they're inviting basement bloggers, and Disney websites run by guys named Ricky, Josh, Pete, and whoever runs Allears, it's not that big a deal. 

And the opening of a second rate, over hyped, coaster that took longer than the Great Pyramids to build, is not that big a deal.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

This week’s look inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train comes to us from Yellow Shoes Creative Group, a team that is currently working on some of the advertising for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

DisneyMines_MineTrain_FinalPrint_033114-

This week, the team sent us a full version of a CGI video that takes you on a colorful ride through part of the attraction. A portion of this was shared during “The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” broadcast back in December – check out the full version below.

http://youtu.be/pj0ClmzFY90

Is it just me, or do you suddenly have a very strong interest in gemstones?

For more on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, read the posts below:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/all-in-the-details-check-out-a-cgi-ride-through-of-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Mo-

That same video was posted on the Disney Parks Blog today.

I guess the plan is to post short videos which show the whole ride before they even announce the opening date.

I repeat- enough with the hype, open the stupid thing.

TCD

Thanks TCD - I missed it there.

And agreed!

Yeah, if it's had riders, what are they waiting for?

I truly believe that Disney and Universal are playing a game of chicken.

Each is waiting for the other to make their big announcement about when their new stuff is going to open, and then tweak their marketing campaign accordingly.

Every time Disney posts something on their official blog about it, people post comments asking when?  And all Disney says, is we will announce it soon.

What a bunch of hogwash.

The could announce an opening date if they wanted to.

For some reason, they don't want to.

TCD

I'm wondering if there is some technical issue they are trying to solve and trying to avoid the fiasco... i.e., Test Track that didn't really open for what 2 years after it's initial announced opening date?

Oh, that would be bad.  I remember all the false starts they had with Test Track.

I've wondered about those rocking cars.  I guess there's never been a coaster like that.  I hope they didn't mess that up.

Personally, I think they're waiting to use it to steal some of Universal's Harry Potter thunder.  I think they're waiting for Universal to make the first move.

TCD

This is a few days old but figured I'd put it here anyway in case some folks haven't seen it.  From the Disney Parks Blog...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/all-in-the-details-check-out-a-cgi-ride-through-of-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-at-magic-kingdom-park/

This week’s look inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train comes to us from Yellow Shoes Creative Group, a team that is currently working on some of the advertising for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
DisneyMines_MineTrain_FinalPrint_033114-

This week, the team sent us a full version of a CGI video that takes you on a colorful ride through part of the attraction. A portion of this was shared during “The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” broadcast back in December – check out the full version below.

http://youtu.be/pj0ClmzFY90

Is it just me, or do you suddenly have a very strong interest in gemstones?

For more on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, read the posts below:

More teasers from the Disney Parks Blog...

This week’s photo of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was snapped from a unique angle – as if the Mine Train Cart was rushing down the first drop toward Belle’s Village.

blr827721-613x408.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/all-in-the-details-a-unique-perspective-of-belles-village-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Great.

More pictures.

And still no announcement as to when anyone can ride on the stupid thing.

The comments on the blog show that people are getting antsy.

Brilliant marketing.

After this, there's nothing to look forward to, so they need to milk this for all it's worth.

TCD

Don't be such a grouch.  You can wear a cool little bracelet now when you visit WDW.  Who needs rides and attractions? 

Great.

More pictures.

And still no announcement as to when anyone can ride on the stupid thing.

The comments on the blog show that people are getting antsy.

Brilliant marketing.

After this, there's nothing to look forward to, so they need to milk this for all it's worth.

TCD

What about Avatar land? Ha ha ha ha

Don't be such a grouch.  You can wear a cool little bracelet now when you visit WDW.  Who needs rides and attractions? 

Sorry.  How could I be such an ingrate?  And, they have sent me lots of bracelets.  I could wear six or seven.  Who needs a new rollercoaster?

What about Avatar land? Ha ha ha ha

Exactly.

And, don't worry, we will be hearing about those blue people for a very long time.

TCD

And, they have sent me lots of bracelets.  I could wear six or seven.  Who needs a new rollercoaster?

And still I have none.

And, don't worry, we will be hearing about those blue people for a very long time.

If they can stretch out what probably should have been a 9 month project into 3 years, imagine what they'll do with the Smurfs on steroids project.