Excavation will begin July 8, 2013 on the marsh between Downtown Disney Marketplace and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.  The excavation is part of the expansion of Village Lake that is part of the Disney Springs project.

The east sidewalk between Saratoga Springs Resort and Downtown Disney Marketplace will close July 8.

There will be a new sidewalk opened between the two properties once the work is complete, along with a new pedestrian bridge that crosses the lake (slated to open summer 2014).

Guests traveling between DTD and SSR have the following options:

WDW Bus

DVC Ferry Boat

Sidewalk between SSR and DTD West Side.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must give credit where it is due.   The TCD twins and I found ourselves in WDW last Saturday.  I was getting new tires for one of the girls' cars, and we decided to patronize the subcontractor who o

MouseSteps posted a video of Disney Springs today, taken from the Characters in Flight balloon...   &#13

There will be a new sidewalk opened between the two properties once the work is complete, along with a new pedestrian bridge that crosses the lake (slated to open summer 2014).

The only place I've heard about a pedestrian bridge between SSR and Disney Springs is Lou the Bus Pilot.  On a previous thread he said that some photos he posted showed it in a mock-up of the project.  But, the bridge he was saying went between SSR and Disney Springs was just a bridge from one part of the project to another, not from the project to SSR.

TCD

This latest info came, as the aforementioned bus pilot likes to say, "straight from the Mouse" 

OK, thanks.  I think a bridge between SSR and Disney Springs would be an interesting feature.

The way it is written implies that the pedestrian bridge will go between the SSR and Disney Springs.  But, it could also just be referring to the new bridge shown on the plans, which looks like it goes between the area of the Rainforest Café and somewhere near the Lego store.

TCD

Confirming some info based on what was officially released back in March.  Of course as in all Disney construction projects, things are always subject to change...

Expected completion is 2016, at which time "Downtown Disney" will officially become "Disney Springs"

Number of shops, dining and entertainment locations will double -from 75 to 150

2 multi-level parking garages will be built, accommodating 6000+ vehicles. Parking will be free.

There will be a pedestrian bridge between SSR and Disney Springs.

Confirming some info based on what was officially released back in March.  Of course as in all Disney construction projects, things are always subject to change...

Expected completion is 2016, at which time "Downtown Disney" will officially become "Disney Springs"

Number of shops, dining and entertainment locations will double -from 75 to 150

2 multi-level parking garages will be built, accommodating 6000+ vehicles. Parking will be free.

There will be a pedestrian bridge between SSR and Disney Springs.

Thanks, Mo.

Interesting to see a statement that parking will continue to be free.  I thought it would be, but you never know.

This bridge between the project and SSR could be a problem.  Will guests park for free in the garage and then walk over to SSR to get a bus to the parks?  It's not easy to do now, but the bridge would make it easy.

TCD

Another update on the ongoing construction at Disney Springs.

Parking Lot H Closing

Downtown Disney parking lot "H" will close on July 6th as work crews begin to move into the area for several Disney Springs related projects. A golf cart lane will be available in the back of the lot. Next day Disney bus staging will temporarily be in lot "H" at night before eventually moving to Team Disney.

Changes to Cast Member Parking

Modifications to the CM parking lot behind the Hess gas station across the street from PI, will begin on July 7th. The expansion will double the number of spaces available for CMs and operating participant employees. The west end of that lot, where next day buses are normally staged, will close for restriping beginning July 7th. The expanded area should be available for CM parking beginning July 20th.

Bypass Bridge Construction
Work on the bypass bridge between Pleasure Island and the West Side is underway. Once complete, the bridge will span from Paradiso 37 to Characters in Flight and will provide additional access to guests as they navigate DTD.

• 2 weeks later...

In just a few weeks, work will begin on the first parking garage due to be completed by fall of 2014. As a result, this will greatly reduce the number of parking spaces in the main lots on the West Side.

There will be several days over the next 15 months when the Downtown Disney lots will not be able to accommodate everyone who visits DTD, so overflow lots across the street at Team Disney, Casting, and SunTrust, will be used.

A shuttle service for those who park at Team Disney will be provided to get them to the West Side.

In just a few weeks, work will begin on the first parking garage due to be completed by fall of 2014. As a result, this will greatly reduce the number of parking spaces in the main lots on the West Side.

There will be several days over the next 15 months when the Downtown Disney lots will not be able to accommodate everyone who visits DTD, so overflow lots across the street at Team Disney, Casting, and SunTrust, will be used.

A shuttle service for those who park at Team Disney will be provided to get them to the West Side.

Please post a reminder in 15 months when the parking garage opens.

I'm not going near the place until then.  Actually, even then I may stay away.

TCD

It will be fine.

Except during the very busiest times, the furthest West Side lot is not used that much. The MP and PI lots should be unchanged most of the time.

Do we really think that Disney and the third party stores would risk taking a financial hit due to parking.....NO.

And when that garage is completed, work will begin on the MP parking garage.

I bet it's wishful thinking for the garage to be long bed four door dually friendly. I always have to hike a mile after parking.

Or tall enough ceilings to fit my van.  Guess I'll have to bus over from the Fort. 

I'm sure RCID, designed the parking garage around being able to fit a dually so that they could make a dozen people in the country happy.

And how many families have a full size van? I'll answer that, not many.

I sure hope you two schmuck faces with the mongrel vehicles, don't get on my bus if you go to the Springs so that I don't have to listen to you whine that, boo hoo, my truck won't fit in the garage.

I bet it's wishful thinking for the garage to be long bed four door dually friendly. I always have to hike a mile after parking.

I think there are a lot more of us "long bed four door dually" owners than Lou wants to admit. And I completely agree... it's what I need to pull the camper, but parking for everyday use can be a huge PITA.

25, make sure you count me.

I'll throw one more in just in case, and make it 26, but I'm sure there can't be anymore than that.

Well, since I'm boycotting Lou's stupid greedy magical employer, I really don't care whether I fit in their ill-conceived ugly monstrosity efficient garages. 

Actually it's not Disney's magical parking garages, it's RCIDs.