Disney Food Blog has posted a quick overview of the new menu for The Boathouse along with a few photos...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/04/05/first-look-menus-and-food-photos-for-the-boathouse-restaurant-opening-soon-at-disney-world/

Ouch. Those prices are ridiculous for what are essentially every day chop house items. After looking the menu over I doubt we will ever try the place since you can get pretty much any of the entrees at better value establishments.  

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must give credit where it is due.   The TCD twins and I found ourselves in WDW last Saturday.  I was getting new tires for one of the girls' cars, and we decided to patronize the subcontractor who o

MouseSteps posted a video of Disney Springs today, taken from the Characters in Flight balloon...   &#13

GOOD NEWS from the Disney Parks Blog...

Dockside Margaritas is set to open later this month at Downtown Disney Marketplace. This waterfront margarita bar is the perfect place for enjoying the relaxing things in life – Florida style. Everything about Dockside Margaritas projects a fun, laid-back vibe—from the theming which is reminiscent of a Florida fruit stand from the 1960s with cool, tropical colors and eclectic, modern furniture to the handcrafted margaritas and authentic Floridian brews.

Waterfront entertainment will return, with live performers from 2:30-10:30 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday and 12:30-10:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. With live entertainment daily, beautiful views of the waterfront at Buena Vista cove and ample seating, Dockside Margaritas is sure to be a popular destination to relax with friends and family.

domdom386991-613x409.jpg

Refreshing, handcrafted margaritas and cocktails include:

• Patrón Añejo Margarita – Patrón Barrel Select Añejo Tequila, Grand Marnier, Sweet-and-Sour and fresh Lime Juice
  • Habanero Lime Margarita – Patrón Silver Tequila, Habanero Lime, fresh Lime Juice and Florida Sugar Cane Simple Syrup
  • Sunset Margarita – Casamigos Reposado Tequila, Cointreau, fresh Lime Juice, Sweet-and-Sour and Orange Juice
  • Orange Grove Rum Runner – Siesta Key Spiced Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Crème de Banana, and Florida Citrus Juices with a float of Gosling’s 151 Rum
  • Sugar Cane Mojito – Siesta Key Silver Rum, Florida Sugar Cane Simple Syrup, fresh Lime Juice and Mint
  • Strawberry Margarita – Herradura Reposado Tequila and fresh Lime Juice blended with Strawberry Purée
  • Florida Citrus Freeze – Florida Cane ‘Orlando Orange’ Vodka and Peach Schnapps blended with Orange Purée

Look for craft beers from Florida breweries, like Orange Blossom Pilsner, Bold City Duke’s Brown Ale and Cigar City Jai Alai IPA. Tropical Florida wine in refreshing flavors like Mango Mamma and Key Limen will also be available.

Dockside Margaritas is set to open April 23 at Downtown Disney Marketplace–just in time to kick back and enjoy Florida summer.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/dockside-margaritas-opening-soon-at-downtown-disney-marketplace/

• 1 month later...

Construction update from Orlando Theme Park News...

Disney Springs Construction Project Update - JUNE 2015

Monday, June 01, 2015 | Posted by OTPN administrator

Even though the summer season is quickly approaching (we have been hearing that a lot lately, haven't we?), work around the Downtown Disney area has not slowed down, as the entertainment district morphs into Disney Springs.

As you will see in today's project update, quite a few locations opened in the past few weeks (including much-needed walkways and ramps connecting the new parking garage), but many more areas are still behind walls at this time.

Here is a snapshot of several projects underway this week around the Downtown Disney Area:

Recent openings, closures, & updates:
Work continues on the following:

• Paradiso 37 expansion;
  • Pedestrian bridge at intersection 3 near Team Disney and Cast Services;
  • Pedestrian bridge at the Marketplace near Hotel Plaza Boulevard;
  • Buena Vista Drive roadwork – paving is underway & changing traffic patterns continue;
  • Expansion work at World of Disney;
  • Town Center;
  • Orange Garage and Garage near Marketplace;
  • The Springs;
  • West Side highlines;
  • The Landing.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/06/disney-springs-construction-project.html

Also from OTPN...

As Downtown Disney transforms into Disney Springs, the area is "ramping up" (pun intended) to reach another infrastructure milestone. An additional exit ramp is now open in the Orange Garage, providing another way to exit the garage onto westbound Buena Vista Drive (toward Bonnet Creek Parkway) for vehicles parked on levels 3 and 4. Vehicles parked on levels 1 and 2 of the garage will continue to exit on the ground floor through intersections 3 and 5.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/05/new-downtown-disney-garage-exit-ramp.html

From the Disney Parks Blog...

As we approach tip off for the 2015 NBA Finals, we wanted to share some exciting details on a new, extraordinary entertainment experience for guests of all ages coming to Disney Springs called The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort.

The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort is going to be a one-of-a-kind destination featuring hands-on activities that put families and guests of all ages right in the middle of NBA game action. You’ll be able to explore inside the world of professional basketball with numerous interactive experiences and enjoy a restaurant and retail store.

The Walt Disney Company and the NBA just made the joint announcement and also shared that initial development work has just begun. “We’re excited to join the NBA in offering this unique form of family entertainment,” said Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “It will be a terrific addition to the world-class lineup of shops and restaurants coming to Disney Springs.”

The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort will be one of more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues at Disney Springs when work is completed in 2016.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/06/nba-experience-at-walt-disney-world-resort-coming-to-disney-springs/

And from Inside the Magic...

“Vivoli Gelateria” ...coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World

With the construction at Walt Disney World’s Downtown Disney continuing at a rapid pace to turn it into the new Disney Springs we almost get new announcements every day of upcoming tenants. The most recent 2 being gelato-shop “Vivoli Gelateria” and the new entertainment experience “NBA Experience”.

Vivoli Gelateria is a family-run gelato shop all the way from Italy and the Disney Springs location will be their first standalone  store in the US. The gelato at Vivoli is made with fresh, top-quality ingredients using the exact same recipes from the original shop. The artisans plan to use local and seasonal products, with cocoa powder, hazelnut and pistachio imported from Italy. Vivioli Gelateria will also be serving  traditional Italian panini, biscotti, espresso and tarts in addition to their gelato.

Vivoli Gelateria will be located in the new The Landing section of Disney Springs and will open soon.

02262013-135-600x388-550x355.jpg

02262013-099-600x400-550x366.jpg

MG_8653-600x400-550x366.jpg

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headlines/vivoli-gelateria-and-nba-experience-coming-to-disney-springs-at-walt-disney-world/

From WDWMagic, follow link for new concept art...

PHOTO - New rendering gives a first look at the new STK Orlando restaurant coming to Disney Springs later this year
Jun 05, 2015 | 3:00pm EDT

A new rendering of STK Orlando has been released today that gives a first look at the new upscale restaurant and lounge coming to Disney Springs later this year.

STK Orlando will be the largest STK location yet at 14,000 sq. ft. and will feature the only rooftop dining option in Disney Springs. 

Located in The Landing district of Disney Springs on the site of the former Comedy Warehouse, STK Orlando will bring a unique ambiance that blends elements of a modern steakhouse with a sleek lounge, including a DJ.

Announced in December 2014, STK Orlando is another strong addition to The Landing, which promises to become a must-visit dining location in Central Florida.

New addition The BOATHOUSE is already open, soon to be joined by Morimotto Asia, Edison, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar and more new food and drink venues throughout Disney Springs.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/stk-orlando/news/05jun2015-photo---new-rendering-gives-a-first-look-at-the-new-stk-orlando-restaurant-coming-to-disney-springs-later-this-year.htm

Another new restaurant coming to Disney Springs with some pretty interesting theming!  From Orlando Theme Park News...

The Patina Restaurant Group and Kinetescape’s Andrew Meieran announced that they will open The Edison, a lavish “Industrial Gothic” -style restaurant, bar and nighttime destination at the new Disney Springs entertainment district.

Famous for its exceptionally good classic American food, craft cocktails, and live entertainment including cabaret and music, The Edison is inspired by its sister location in Los Angeles and set in a historic, carefully themed power plant.

The Edison is dedicated to a resurgence of old world-style sophistication and romance. The Florida venue will be themed to a 1920s-period electric company and recall an exuberant era of invention and imagination. 

g8Hk1EY.jpg

Featuring 35-foot ceilings and a range of themed areas to explore, The Edison will have The Lab performance space, The Ember Parlour, Telegraph Lounge, The Patent Office, The Tesla Lounge, The Radio Room, Waterfront Patio, and more. Entertainment will include contortionists, DJs, and more. Andrew Meieran’s vision and designs will be executed by Gensler Architects.

937QGA2.jpg

The Edison joins a growing family of new additions to Downtown Disney. Downtown Disney is currently undergoing the largest expansion in its history, to be renamed and re-imagined as Disney Springs, an exciting new waterfront district for shopping, dining and entertainment. The Landing, one of four neighborhoods planned for Disney Springs, will welcome The Edison in 2016.

y4kbyLJ.jpg

“We are delighted to bring this extraordinary destination to the new Disney Springs,” said Nick Valenti, restaurateur and CEO of Patina Restaurant Group.

PHOTOS/PRESS RELEASE: ©2015 Patina Restaurant Group/PRWEB. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/06/the-edison-restaurant-to-open-in-2016.html

We haven't been thru DD for a while.  Last time was just a run to the CS window to purchase our passes.

I remember when they used to have the $1 shop. 

Then they changed it to the $5 shop.

With all these high priced places opening up, I'm sure if the shop is still open it's probably the $100 shop.

We used to go there and wander around, let the kids have fun with the stage shows, play in the splash pad and do a little shopping and eat.

Don't think we will be going there anytime soon when a rib dinner costs more than my bi weekly grocery bill!

I've lost count of how many new restaurants they're cramming in to that place.

I guess the new parking ramps will give all the customers a place to park.

But will there be enough customers to sustain all of those restaurants concentrated in such a small area?

TCD

And will the customers be able to afford the price$.

I guess they are counting on the once in a lifetime or every ten year visitors to drop a bundle on overpriced chi-chi shops and food.

I though Ghiridelli's was expensive enough for ice cream!

Now we have Gelato and a shaving shop!

What happened to the good old days of Mickey Bars and souvenir stands?

The Edison California location has a dress code.

" The Edison is dedicated to a resurgence of old world style and sense of romance that once dominated Los Angeles Nightlife. Thus innovative, sophisticated and cultured attire is required. We will always strive to more quickly accommodate those whose style and imagination suit the environment and ask that you please refrain from wearing the following: athletic wear of any kind (shorts, jersies, hoodies, ball caps), flip-flops, sandals, tennis shoes or athletic shoes, t-shirts, collarless shirts or torn or baggy jeans. Men must be in dress shoes and collared shirts.Our door has sole discretion with regards to enforcement of our dress code and can change the entrance requirements without notice and with respect to style and circumstances. We thank you for your understanding and help in making your Edison experience a legendary one!"

I wonder how that is going to fly at WDW??

We are pretty low budget travelers. The only places we've ever eaten a Downtown Disney are : McDonalds (gone), pollo campero (gone), takeout window at Bongos (?), Earl of Sandwich (?) and the free chocolate at Ghiradelli's. I think we'll have to pack a lunch or eat before we get there next time. 

Who the heck packs dress shoes to go to Disney? :huh:

I pack 2 pairs of flip flops - one for casual, one for dress.

Ok, they're both exactly the same just different colors.  :rofl2:

The same people that eat Gelato instead of Mickey Bars and shop at high end stores for chi chi clothes.

Well I happen to like Gelato, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in my closet that could be considered chi, much less chi chi.  :smug:

I pack 2 pairs of flip flops - one for casual, one for dress.

Ok, they're both exactly the same just different colors.  :rofl2:

Well I happen to like Gelato, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in my closet that could be considered chi, much less chi chi.  :smug:

Since I don't think my shorts/t-shirts and sandals even qualify as chi I could never hope to aspire to full on chi chi  :lol:

I've been having problems with my feet, for a good 3 years now... so I finally moved past the $10 flip flops that I live in a good 9 months out of the year and spent money on a pair of Chaco's.  Those silly things are NOT cheap...so they better consider those "dress shoes"!   B)

I've been having problems with my feet, for a good 3 years now... so I finally moved past the $10 flip flops that I live in a good 9 months out of the year and spent money on a pair of Chaco's.  Those silly things are NOT cheap...so they better consider those "dress shoes"!   B)

I had foot problems last year, Dr. said I needed to wear shoes with arches instead of my Crocs.

Wore better sandals and put arch supports in my work shoes and some Crocs I have that are more shoe like.

As soon as I felt better the Crocs came back out full time.

I suffer during the work day wearing shoes, I'm sure not going to wear shoes to have to eat at a Disney restaurant!

I bought a new pair of sneakers to wear to the Parks when we got our passes, and by the end of the day I'm ready for bare feet and Crocs.