I had foot problems last year, Dr. said I needed to wear shoes with arches instead of my Crocs.

Wore better sandals and put arch supports in my work shoes and some Crocs I have that are more shoe like.

As soon as I felt better the Crocs came back out full time.

I suffer during the work day wearing shoes, I'm sure not going to wear shoes to have to eat at a Disney restaurant!

I bought a new pair of sneakers to wear to the Parks when we got our passes, and by the end of the day I'm ready for bare feet and Crocs.

Yep... the Chacos have VERY strong/high arch support.   I'm hoping that I like them (I've only had them about a week and REI has a great return policy so I can actually wear them/try them out).  They are made to wear everywhere (including in rain storms), which was very important to me.  They're nice sandals. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must give credit where it is due.   The TCD twins and I found ourselves in WDW last Saturday.  I was getting new tires for one of the girls' cars, and we decided to patronize the subcontractor who o

MouseSteps posted a video of Disney Springs today, taken from the Characters in Flight balloon...   &#13

Yep... the Chacos have VERY strong/high arch support.   I'm hoping that I like them (I've only had them about a week and REI has a great return policy so I can actually wear them/try them out).  They are made to wear everywhere (including in rain storms), which was very important to me.  They're nice sandals. 

Hope they work out for you.

Them Northerners just don't understand the allure of wearing flip flops and Crocs year round or hating to have your feet fully covered/confined!

I'm at the age that fashion doesn't concern me,

npfXrt1m.jpg

bXAXWtim.jpg

as you can tell !

I even wear Crocs in the winter with socks!

Hope they work out for you.

Them Northerners just don't understand the allure of wearing flip flops and Crocs year round or hating to have your feet fully covered/confined!

I'm at the age that fashion doesn't concern me,

npfXrt1m.jpg

bXAXWtim.jpg

as you can tell !

I even wear Crocs in the winter with socks!

I'm almost 44, but have quickly become my father.  My folks grew up in S. Cali, and were hippies... so if dad could (grow) hair, it would be in a pony tail and he has worn socks with his Birkenstocks (they've lived in Wa State for the past 35 years) for as long as I can remember.  I typically wear flip flops (unless is just too darn cold, which isn't too often here in Atlanta)... but if I had sandals that would allow it (even the Chaco's go between my toes), it would be socks and sandals.  Too comfortable not to do it!  :)

Ahem... not so!  We just have to know when to wear socks with our flip flops, and realize that when the snow starts coming in the back of your crocs and it's time to dust off your snow boots.  8)

(and yes, I do both of those things LOL!)

Oh and as for the dress code issue at Edison... remember that the other location is in Los Angeles.

I seriously doubt the same dress code will apply at Disney.  Aside from V&A's, the handful of signature dining locations only ask for no "...tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics."  There's not even any mention of shoes.  :)

I'm almost 44, but have quickly become my father.  My folks grew up in S. Cali, and were hippies... so if dad could (grow) hair, it would be in a pony tail and he has worn socks with his Birkenstocks (they've lived in Wa State for the past 35 years) for as long as I can remember.  I typically wear flip flops (unless is just too darn cold, which isn't too often here in Atlanta)... but if I had sandals that would allow it (even the Chaco's go between my toes), it would be socks and sandals.  Too comfortable not to do it!   :)

I used to wear those old water buffalo leather sandals (really flip flops) to school all the time.  Had to have a pair of shoes to wear in shop class though. Dropping a tire/brake drum on unprotected toes would've hurt a bit!

Oh and as for the dress code issue at Edison... remember that the other location is in Los Angeles.

I seriously doubt the same dress code will apply at Disney.  Aside from V&A's, the handful of signature dining locations only ask for no "...tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics."  There's not even any mention of shoes.  :)

If they keep the stringent rules, maybe they can have outdoor seating near the dumpster for the un chi-chi folks!

A big photo update has been posted to WDW News Today that includes an update on the Disney Springs construction, the new gelateria, and a bunch of cool new merchandise items...

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/06/tom-corless-61615-wdw-photo-report-disney-springs-new-polynesian-merchandise-etc/

• 3 weeks later...

From WDWMagic. Follow the link for more photos...

The Tea Traders Cafe now open at Disney Springs The Landing 2 hours ago in "The Tea Traders Cafe"
The-Tea-Traders-Cafe_Full_24600.jpg?widt

The Landing at Disney Springs welcomed its newest addition on Friday with the opening of The Tea Traders Cafe.

Presented by Joffrey's, The Tea Traders Cafe offers a wide variety of specialty teas from around the world available as a hot drink, blended, iced, served with a spirit, bagged to take home, or even baked into a shortbread or cake.

The spacious interior has a tasting counter, where you can try out some of the teas and learn about their origins, or take a seat to enjoy your purchase.

Pricing ranges from $3.99 for an ice tea, up to $8.49 for a spirited beverage, such as a Hot Tea Toddy.

An unexpected find is a baked goods case, offering a range of tea inspired sweet treats. Items include a Chai Spice Marble cake, Early Grey cookie, Matcha Berry mini tart, and a Chai brownie. Pricing ranges from $.99 to $1.99 for the baked goods.

Like all the locations at The Landing, operating hours are Sunday to Thursday 10am to 11pm, and Friday to Saturday 10am to 11:30pm.

You will find The Tea Traders Cafe between Vivoli Gelateria and Chapel Hats, just across from The BOATHOUSE.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-tea-traders-cafe/news/06jul2015-the-tea-traders-cafe-now-open-at-disney-springs-the-landing.htm

Another new restaurant coming to Disney Springs in early 2016. 

Chef Arts Florida Fish Camp coming to Disney Springs in early 2016 15 minutes ago in "Chef Arts Florida Fish Camp"

Chef Arts Florida Fish Camp is heading to Disney Springs in the Spring of 2016 according to restauranteur Charles Arthur Smith.

Smith said on his Facebook page, "very excited about the planning of Chef Arts Florida Fish Camp at the new Disney Springs opening next Spring at Walt Disney World. I've dreamed since I was a kid working there in 1980 that I return to the most magical place on Earth. I am very excited to welcome you all."

Although not confirmed, the concept art above appears to be the likely location for Chef Arts Florida Fish Camp, located just across from Raglan Road in The Springs area of Disney Springs. The water side setting would seem an ideal location.

Art Smith has previously worked as personal chef to Oprah Winfrey, served as a judge on the TV show BBQ Pitmasters as well as authoring three award winning cookbooks.

Table Fifty-Two in Chicago, Art and Soul in D.C. , Southern Art and bourbon Bar in Atlanta and LYFE Kitchen Palo Alto are amongst Smith's restaurant operations.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/chef-arts-florida-fish-camp/news/07jul2015-chef-arts-florida-fish-camp-coming-to-disney-springs-in-early-2016.htm

And another. Follow the link for video...

More details on the new flagship Blaze Pizza restaurant coming to Disney Springs 1 day ago in "Blaze Pizza"

Blaze Pizza has today announced more details about its upcoming Disney Springs location that was originally announced by Disney back in May.

Set to open in May 2016, Blaze Pizza will be a flagship location, and will occupy 5000 square ft. of space, with seating for 200 guests.

"We are excited to be part of the new Disney Springs expansion where we get the chance to introduce our super-fast artisanal pizza to guests from around the world," said Rick Wetzel, co-founder of Blaze Pizza. "True to Disney's high standards, we are building an amazing flagship restaurant that will include interesting architectural elements, great service and fantastic meals."

Blaze Pizza is a modern day "pizza joint" known for its artisanal pizzas, freshly made salads, blood orange lemonade and s'more pies. Each restaurant features an interactive assembly-line format that allows guests to customize one of the menu's signature pizzas or create their own, choosing from a wide selection of fresh, artisanal ingredients -- all for one low price. The generously-sized 11-inch pizzas are then sent to a blazing hot open-flame oven -- the centerpiece of the restaurant -- where dedicated pizzasmiths ensure that the thin-crust pies are fast-fire'd and ready to eat in just 180 seconds. Each restaurant makes its own dough from scratch using a recipe developed by critically-acclaimed Executive Chef Bradford Kent (the "pizza whisperer"), which requires a 24-hour fermentation period to produce his signature light-as-air, crisp crust. For pizza fans with specific dietary needs, Blaze Pizza offers gluten-free dough and vegan cheese.

The first Blaze Pizza® restaurant opened on Aug. 6, 2012, in Irvine, Calif., and quickly gained attention for its chef-driven recipes and "build-your-own pizza" assembly-line format. Now ranked as the overall #2 brand in Fast Casual's annual Top 100 list, Blaze Pizza is building momentum and developing a cult following as it expands across the country. The company currently operates 72 restaurants in 20 states and the District of Columbia, including the major metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas and Washington D.C. Founded by Elise and Rick Wetzel (co-founder of Wetzel's Pretzels), the concept is backed by investors including LeBron James, Maria Shriver, Boston Red Sox co-owner Tom Werner and movie producer John Davis.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/blaze-pizza/news/06jul2015-more-details-on-the-new-flagship-blaze-pizza-restaurant-coming-to-disney-springs.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bunch of new construction photos have been posted to WDWMagic...

PHOTOS - The former Adventurers Club stripped to bare steel as part of redevelopment into The Edison

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-edison/news/23jul2015-photos---the-former-adventurers-club-stripped-to-bare-steel-as-part-of-redevelopment-into-the-edison.htm

I must give credit where it is due.

The TCD twins and I found ourselves in WDW last Saturday.  I was getting new tires for one of the girls' cars, and we decided to patronize the subcontractor who operates the Car Care Center- Action Gator Tires.  They beat all of the quotes I was able to get locally, plus they give a 10% discount to WDW CM's, and the girls are still in their system as eligible for that discount.

Plus, while they installed the tires, we could play in the parks.

It was super hot on Saturday, and we were not really enjoying the Brazilian Tour Groups in the MK, so we got the idea to head to Downtown Disney to see Ant Man.  I said it was OK with me, but I was not going to drive there.  The twins have both been and have parked in that new parking garage, and told me it's not that bad.  Plus, the bus stop is way on the other side of Downtown Disney, and we'd have a long walk to the theater.  So, over my strenuous objection, we drove.

Well guess what?

It was easy!

I like the new parking garage.  The system they have set up to guide guests to available parking spaces is brilliant.

And, after we parked, we just had to take the escalator down, and we were just a few steps from the entrance to the theater.

Leaving was a piece of cake too.

And Ant Man was good.

So, that all went great for us.

I will say, however, that when we headed for home later that evening.  Maybe around 7-ish, traffic to Downtown Disney was backed up all the way on Buena Vista Drive to Epcot Center Drive, and was basically at a crawl all the way to Downtown Disney.  We were heading in the opposite direction, so it didn't affect us, but that was most definitely not magical.  The twins said that's par for the course lately on a Saturday night-the garage is usually full by then and guests have to park across the street.

I do think that when this all gets done, driving to and parking at Downtown Disney will be way better than it used to be.  Currently, a day time/late afternoon visit is great.  But don't drive there on weekend nights.

TCD

As usual, Disney theming encompasses everything you see... and hear.

New background music debuts throughout Disney Springs

2 days ago in "Disney Springs"

The transition from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs moved a step closer this past weekend as new background music debuted throughout the property.

Say goodbye to "Funky Town" and "High School Musical," and say hello to electronic instrumental music on the West Side and The Landing, and some new arrangements of instrumental electronic Disney-inspired tunes in the Marketplace.

Along with the all new background music, the new system will eventually play different tracks dependent on time of day, not just the specific location with Disney Springs.

Some of the tracks we heard on the West Side and The Landing were Bossapolari by Planet Lounge, Mysterious Muses by Baby Mammoth, Lost Vagueness by Thunderball, Rosetta Drive and Summer Song by The Karminsky Experience, and Das Gezabel by Paul Kalkbrenner.
New interpretations of 'A Whole New World' and 'Winnie the Pooh' are some of the tracks playing in the Marketplace.

We grabbed a few recordings of both the Disney-Inspired tracks in the Marketplace and some of what you can hear in The Landing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rJlLpabc0

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/27jul2015-new-background-music-debuts-throughout-disney-springs.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Another photo/video update has been posted to Inside the Magic...

It comes to no surprise that visitors to Downtown Disney have been impacted with a flurry of construction taking place, all to increase the footprint and transform the retail, dining and entertainment destination into an entirely new experience that will be called Disney Springs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=103&v=81AeeGg5dTE

Full article with lots more photos...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/08/video-watch-disney-springs-take-shape-as-walt-disney-world-rapidly-transforms-downtown-disney-with-unique-new-shopping-dining/