17 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

We just got back from Downtown Disney this morning.  There is a good size opening now in the side of the building, pretty much in the area facing the camera in this picture (I think).

Thanks for the update.  That must look very strange.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must give credit where it is due.   The TCD twins and I found ourselves in WDW last Saturday.  I was getting new tires for one of the girls' cars, and we decided to patronize the subcontractor who o

MouseSteps posted a video of Disney Springs today, taken from the Characters in Flight balloon...   &#13

From WDWMagic...

PHOTOS - The Town Center construction at Disney Springs

35 minutes ago in "Disney Springs"

The Town Center construction at Disney Springs

The Town Center at Disney Springs is just a few months away from opening and today we have an updated look at the current progress.

Many of the buildings are now having the finishing touches put on the exteriors, and work is well underway on the brand new bus terminal that will serve as the single bus drop of location at Disney Springs.

Also progressing well is the Lime Parking Garage on the East side of the property.

Click the gallery for more photos from The Town Center.

Article Posted: Feb 23, 2016 / 11:38am EST

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/23feb2016-photos---the-town-center-construction-at-disney-springs.htm

From WDWMagic...

MAC, Anthropologie, Superdry and Free People set to open at Disney Springs this Spring

5 hours ago in "Disney Springs"

Four more retail stores have begun hiring for positions at their Disney Springs locations.

MAC Cosmetics, along with clothing stores Anthropologie, Superdry and Free People are the latest to join the growing list of tenants expected to open this Spring in the brand new Town Center district of Disney Springs.

These four join the following tenants already announced or confirmed to be recruiting staff.

• Blaze Pizza
  • Coca Cola
  • Lilly Pullitzer
  • L’Occitane en Provence
  • Edward Beiner
  • Frontera Fresco
  • Homecoming - Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine
  • NBA Experience
  • PANDORA
  • Sephora
  • Shore
  • Sprinkles
  • STK Orlando
  • The Edison
  • Tommy Bahama
  • UGG
  • UNIQLO
  • Vera Bradley
  • Zara

Article Posted: Feb 26, 2016 / 2:35pm EST

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/26feb2016-mac,-anthropologie,-superdry-and-free-people-set-to-open-at-disney-springs-this-spring.htm

From OTPN...

Starting from Sunday, Feb. 28, the operating hours for the Disney Springs water taxis and the Sassagoula River Cruise will be from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
As a reminder, Sassagoula River Cruise boats transport Guests to Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa at The Landing Dock. Disney’s Port Orleans Resort can be reached from the Marketplace Dock. The water taxis only connect the three docks located within Disney Springs.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/02/disney-springs-watercraft-operating.html

• 3 weeks later...

From WDWMagic

PHOTOS - New Planet Hollywood concept art shows the Stargazers patio and new interior design

New concept art released by Planet Hollywood gives a first look at the Stargazers outdoor patio and the new restaurant interior design.

The Hollywood memorabilia will continue to be a part of the Disney Springs restaurant as it is re-themed into an early 20th century observatory, but there are some other big changes coming.

The new Stargazers bar and patio at the rear of the building will provide live entertainment with outdoor views overlooking the Springs of the Town Center.

Inside, there will be a 4000 sq. ft. video wall surrounding the main floor, which will be completely refurbished. Each night, a live DJ will play Top 40 and classic music.

Planet Hollywood is currently closed for the renovations, and is expected to reopen in the Summer of 2016.

Article Posted: Mar 14, 2016 / 8:37am EST

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/planet-hollywood/news/14mar2016-photos---new-planet-hollywood-concept-art-shows-the-stargazers-patio-and-new-interior.htm

from OTPN...

Starting from this week, the Disney Springs Guest Relations lobby will open at 9 a.m. Additionally, while Times Guides for Walt Disney World's four theme parks will continue to be available at the location, the Disney Springs Times Guide is currently unavailable. It is not clear whether this is just a temporary change or a permanent removal. In the meantime, Guests visiting the Disney Springs area should use the My Disney Experience app for operating hours and show times.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/03/disney-springs-guest-relations.html

We stopped there Saturday morning around 11.

Parked in orange, came out by AMC/Splitsville.

Made it as far as the Star Wars Store then it started raining, so we went back to the car and headed home to Tampa.

From the little I saw I wasn't too impressed.  As if the old store prices weren't crazy enough, now they added a bunch of high end shops.

It wasn't very crowded either, maybe the weather factored into that.

14 hours ago, Travisma said:

We stopped there Saturday morning around 11.

Parked in orange, came out by AMC/Splitsville.

Made it as far as the Star Wars Store then it started raining, so we went back to the car and headed home to Tampa.

From the little I saw I wasn't too impressed.  As if the old store prices weren't crazy enough, now they added a bunch of high end shops.

It wasn't very crowded either, maybe the weather factored into that.

The weather must have factored into the lack of crowds.  We'll go sometimes after work and at best, it is crowded.  Usually it is packed.  Stopped at Earl of Sandwich for dinner after work last week and only a few spots were left in the garage, and those were on the roof.  I am really surprised how crowded it is getting.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

The weather must have factored into the lack of crowds.  We'll go sometimes after work and at best, it is crowded.  Usually it is packed.  Stopped at Earl of Sandwich for dinner after work last week and only a few spots were left in the garage, and those were on the roof.  I am really surprised how crowded it is getting.

When we got there around 11, there were 170+ spots on the first floor, around 300 on the second, didn't pay attention to the others since we parked on 1. And again, we didn't make it any further than the first block where the Star Wars store and the food trucks were.  It might've been more crowded around Lego etc.

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

When we got there around 11, there were 170+ spots on the first floor, around 300 on the second, didn't pay attention to the others since we parked on 1. And again, we didn't make it any further than the first block where the Star Wars store and the food trucks were.  It might've been more crowded around Lego etc.

If there were that many empty spots, then it was really empty.  I can only assume the weather was the reason.  That's a shame for you since you could have had a nice uncrowded walk if the weather held off. :)

• 3 weeks later...

From WDW News Today...

VIDEO: Take Flight Over Disney Springs for an Aerial View of Town Center Construction

We take flight again this week, taking an aerial tour over Disney Springs, with a brief look at the Town Center section still under construction:

Untitled

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/04/video-take-flight-over-disney-springs-for-an-aerial-view-of-town-center-construction/

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Get Ready for a Summer of Shopping at Disney Springs

Darcy Clark

by Darcy Clark, Disney Springs Marketing Manager

I’m a shopper. I inherited the skill from my mom, and to this day, it’s one of my favorite leisure activities. It’s not unheard of for me to spend a lazy weekend day trying to find the newest fashions, most fun accessories and best bargains. I love the thrill of the chase, the dressing room reveals and the euphoria that comes when you find an item that’s been missing from your wardrobe for far too long.

For nearly three years now, I’ve been waiting for the debut of Town Center, the newest Disney Springs neighborhood. Finally, the wait is almost over – new locations will begin to open on May 15 – just a few weeks away! By July 1, 2016, the majority of these new venues will be open to guests, alongside some great new Food & Beverage offerings. (Let’s agree … a full day of shopping requires fuel!)

During the last several months, many new retailers have been announced; below is the latest list, in alphabetical order (don’t be surprised if additional venues are announced in the coming weeks):

ALEX AND ANI • American Threads • Anthropologie • Coca-Cola Store • Columbia Sportswear • Edward Beiner • Everything But Water • francesca’s • Free People • JOHNNY WAS • Johnston & Murphy • kate spade new york • Kipling • LACOSTE • Lilly Pulitzer • L’Occitane En Provence • Lucky Brand • Luxury of Time by Diamonds International • M·A·C Cosmetics • Melissa Shoes • Na Hoku • Oakley • PANDORA • Sephora • Shore • Sperry • Tommy Bahama • TROPHY ROOM • UGG • Under Armour • UNIQLO • UNOde50 • Vince Camuto • Vera Bradley • Volcom • Zara

Someone recently asked me which new store I’m most excited about and I literally can’t pick just one! What about you?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/04/get-ready-for-a-summer-of-shopping-at-disneysprings/

I've heard of a few of those stores, and probably have never been in any of them due to them being way overpriced for my income.

The majority I've never heard of, but then again I haven't set foot in a mall just to look around in years.  If I even go inside a mall now, it's to go to a specific store, and it's in and out to that 1 store.

Last time I purchased anything from Downtown Disney was a Vinylmation (store is now gone), our APs, some food, and something from their version of the $1 dollar store, that quickly became the $5 and up store.

My hubby actually purchases his belts at the vendor at Disney Springs. High quality leather belts, cut to fit at a decent price. Most of the rest of the shops have no interest for me, but some of the restaurants are appealing. We also usually make a visit to Earl of Sandwich every trip.

• 4 weeks later...

From WDWMagic.  Follow link for photos...

The Disney Springs project will reach a major milestone this weekend with the opening of the Town Center, the largest addition to the former Downtown Disney area.

In preparation for the opening, construction walls are now down all the way from T-REX to Morimoto Asia, and along the former Pleasure Island bridge - giving views of STK and Planet Hollywood Observatory.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/disney-springs/news/10may2016-photos---more-walls-down-in-disney-springs-ahead-of-this-weekends-town-center-opening.htm

More Disney Springs news from WDWMagic.  Follow the link for photos...

STK Orlando will open on May 25 2016 in The Landing at Disney Springs.

Reservations are also available from that date via the STK Orlando website.

The 14,000 sq ft STK Orlando will have two dining floor - including a main level and the only rooftop dining venue in Disney Springs.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/stk-orlando/news/09may2016-opening-date-set-for-stk-orlando-and-reservations-now-available.htm

New guidemaps for Disney Springs will officially debut on Sunday, May 15 when the newest neighborhood of Disney Springs, the Town Center, opens to Guests.
Redesigned to showcase all the new retail and dining options that will soon be available at Disney Springs with the opening of Town Center, the guidemap will have a very different layout from previous versions in order to make it easier for Guests to navigate the expanded property. Continue reading to learn more.

The new updates coming to the redesigned Disney Springs guidemaps will include the following:
  • Addition of Town Center;
  • Color-coded Disney Springs neighborhoods;
  • New retail and dining venues coming to Disney Springs on May 15 and beyond.
With the introduction of the updated guidemap, the former "Tips for visiting Disney Springs" map will be discontinued. One version of the guidemap will be distributed at all theme parks and resorts.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/05/redesigned-disney-springs-guidemaps.html

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

New guidemaps for Disney Springs will officially debut on Sunday, May 15 when the newest neighborhood of Disney Springs, the Town Center, opens to Guests.

Orlando Park News might want to check on that date.

A source tells me that there are some construction issues with the Town Center, and that most of the stores won't be opening until later in the month.

TCD

48 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Orlando Park News might want to check on that date.

A source tells me that there are some construction issues with the Town Center, and that most of the stores won't be opening until later in the month.

TCD

Hmm... I wonder if they'll correct their post? 

The Wild Womenz were at Disney Springs just over a week ago and it honestly didn't look like they were that close to opening up the Town Center area.