Walt Disney World Resort hotels to offer new tiered refillable mug program called 'Rapid Fill'

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be interesting. What's next RFID on the toilet paper dispensers?

It'll be a tiered program whereby you are allowed 6 squares per "visit," priced on a per day basis, with an upcharge if you have an ADR at 'Ohana ...and your name is Dave.

I told INC about this new system and she went on a rant.    "Wow, they're really getting stingy with the pop.  Come on people, it's coffee and pop!  They probably get it for free anyways.  How many mi

Kelly, the link isn't working?

I did scrounge up confirmation of this though...

The Rapid Fill Mug Program will be rolled out at WDW resort hotel quick-service locations in phases, starting in July at Disney's All Star resorts. as posted on Fort Fiends.net

The new Rapid Fill mugs will have a RFID chip in them that can be programmed for any number of days up to a Guests' length of stay:

• The Length of Stay option is good for 14 consecutive days from the date of activation.
  • Guests may extend the use of the mug beyond 14 days as long as it is still within their current length of stay

Guests will be able to purchase and use the new Rapid Fill mugs at any Walt Disney World resort self-service beverage station.

Prices for the new Rapid Fill mugs are as follows:

• 1 day = $8.99
  • 2 days = $11.99
  • 3 days = $14.99
  • length of stay = $17.99as posted on Fort Fiends.net

Guests will be able to check the remaining days available on the beverage dispenser's LCD display.

Disney Dining Plan Guests will receive the Rapid Fill mugs as part of their dining package.

New mug artwork will be rolled out beginning in September...

NewMugs.jpg

Once used for a length of stay, mugs cannot be reactivated or used for future stays.

During their stay, Guests may add additional days to their mug. For example, if a Guest originally purchases just one day and then decides they would like to use the mug for the length of their stay, they may purchase an upgrade to the mug to the total number of days.

Days purchased must be used consecutively. For example if a Guest purchases a mug on Wednesday, it is good for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

A "day" = one calendar day from 12:01am - 11:59pm, not a 24 hour period.  If a 3 day mug is purchased at 2pm on Monday, it will be good through 11:59pm on Wednesday. as posted on Fort Fiends.net

No other refillable mugs will be offered once the Rapid Fill Mug Program goes into effect.  Guests will still be able to purchase nonrefillable paper cups for beverages if they wish.

There are currently no discounts being offered on Rapid Fill mugs.

The new mugs are not microwavable.

Future plans for the Rapid Fill Mug program include the ability for Guests to purchase a Water Park add-on.  No word yet on when that option will become available. as posted on Fort Fiends.net

And the drink machine will not dispense if the RFID is expired?  Or if you try to use your old refillable mugs? 

Correct.

What about the inevitable question....how about the Lifetime Mugs?

Total speculation but I would say that unless some unpublished, special accommodation is going to be made for them, I would say that lifetime mug holders are S.O.L.

Do we know if the cups will be tied to your resort only?  Did fill my mug at the Poly for coffee and a little Kalua last time. 

According to Mo's post above the mugs can be used at any WDW self serve beverage station.  And it sounds like they are considering an add-on to be able to use them at the water parks.  I wonder if, once this technology is completely rolled out, they will ever add this concept in some form to the main parks. 

Toilet paper is optional, especially at the Fort with the abundance of leaves. Check with me first to verify the safety of the leaf.

I told INC about this new system and she went on a rant. 

"Wow, they're really getting stingy with the pop.  Come on people, it's coffee and pop!  They probably get it for free anyways.  How many millions did they spend on this system, just to keep us from getting too much pop?" 

Just so you don't think I'm the only bitter person in my house. 

... I'll keep my old ones.  We use them for coffee each morning (our own coffee).

Ditto.

We generally bring whatever soda/coffee we drink, and have gigantor cups in that camper at that, so it's not really worth it for us to haul ourselves over to the Meadows or TE for a few ounces.

We got mugs one year (ok I confess, I bought them on eBay - bad, Bad Mo!) but we hardly used them at all, even though we were there for 3 weeks.

Now if there were drink stations at the comfort stations...

We got them when we stayed at All-stars and got our money's worth. Then when we had the 300 loop we would pop into TE and use them a lot. However in our new favorite loop....not so much as our nearest drink location was the pool bar. Maybe if they added the non-water park option but then you have to worry about hauling the things around and not losing then.

The thing with the mugs is we normally go eat breakfast and head straight from the food court to the buses. So then someone has to run them back to the room because who wants to carry mugs all day? And with the exception of when we stayed at AoA we normally have the farthest possible room, no joke. And same with night time, we want soda but no one feels like walking back to the room to get them and then back to the food court and then back again.

SO how are the paper single use cups going to work. Are they RFID also and can only be filled once. We have purchased several of the refillable mugs but I never think we get our moneys worth out of them.  I really don't like fountain drinks and the coffee is :barf: . But the DW and DD do like the selection.  Now if they ever get a mug for draft beer that cost less than a car I can put a hurt on them.

Here's the deal, guys. If it doesn't work for you, don't do it. I have no problems with Disney charging for soda they get for nothing, either. The advertising Coke gets is worth quite a bit, and nobody is bitching about Coke's profits. I always get the mug. For 18 bucks I get a souvenir mug and refills for the 10 days I am there. Not a bad deal. If I have to go to the Meadows or Trails End for the refill, hey, no worries. It gets me off my sorry ass and moving. Jeez, why not gripe about other Disney ripoffs like "free" dining or DVC. Oh no, sorry, those are "good deals."