Walt Disney World Resort hotels to offer new tiered refillable mug program called 'Rapid Fill'

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be interesting. What's next RFID on the toilet paper dispensers?

It'll be a tiered program whereby you are allowed 6 squares per "visit," priced on a per day basis, with an upcharge if you have an ADR at 'Ohana ...and your name is Dave.

I told INC about this new system and she went on a rant.    "Wow, they're really getting stingy with the pop.  Come on people, it's coffee and pop!  They probably get it for free anyways.  How many mi

(all costs without tax)

Cost of mug over a 15-day trip:  $17.99

Cost of buying a Minute Maid Light lemonade at the Meadow Snack bar each day = $41.86

Savings of that alone = $23.87 

Plus we get at least one cup of coffee at TE every day.  $2.39 or so a cup?  

That adds up to a pre-tax savings of at least $59.72 each trip.

What's not to like?

(all costs without tax)

Cost of mug over a 15-day trip:  $17.99

Cost of buying a Minute Maid Light lemonade at the Meadow Snack bar each day = $41.86

Savings of that alone = $23.87 

Plus we get at least one cup of coffee at TE every day.  $2.39 or so a cup?  

That adds up to a pre-tax savings of at least $59.72 each trip.

What's not to like?

EXACTLY!

Hey, here's an idea. Shell out the extra bucks for a site on the 3000 loop where every site has free beer on tap. Just send in your 100 dollar deposit to me and I'll make sure you get a prime site.

Do I get a mug autographed by Bobby?  Also will I be able to use it at the private 3000 pool swim up bar?

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this matter.

I told INC about this new system and she went on a rant. 

"Wow, they're really getting stingy with the pop.  Come on people, it's coffee and pop!  They probably get it for free anyways.  How many millions did they spend on this system, just to keep us from getting too much pop?" 

Just so you don't think I'm the only bitter person in my house. 

I said the exact same thing to my hubbie. Alot of effort,money and technology to prevent a few ounces of cola. Next thing you know, it will only dispense XX oz, if it doesn't already.

I will say though, just to stir the pot a little, that non-campers are more likely to use them, and I bet most non-campers aren't staying 10-15 days. So their cost per day is a good bit higher.

I agree.  When we stayed in a hotel, it was only for 7 days.  Although I think I would have used that mug much more often in a hotel.  Like 5-7 times a day.  While camping I use it 2-3 times a day over a longer period, usually 14 days.

There's been no mention of a charge beyond the "length of stay" $17.99

It sounds like length of stay covers your entire stay, regardless of duration.  However since you can only make a reservation for 30 days at a time, that may cap the use of the mug at the 30 days and require you to buy another one after that, but that's just a guess.

Any guesses as to if the price is capped at the $18? If you are staying a month at the Fort, and want a mug for the whole time, will that be possible? I wonder, if it is possible, will they still charge the $18 or will it be more?

They said for 17.99 it is 14 days. They said you could extend the mug past the 14 days, but didn't say if it would be at additional cost.

And then, what will happen when the machine malfunctions, and it suddenly decides to not be able to read any of the chips.........

(because you just know that is going to happen)

REVOLT in the food court would be my guess...

We have bought the mugs on 3 of our past trips and felt they were worth it, mostly as souvenirs.  The old "fat" mug from CSR is my preferred camping mug.

Unfortunately we never stayed at the Fort when they had resort specific mugs :(

• 3 weeks later...