Refrigerators Removed From Some WDW Resort Rooms

Just saw this posted by Chip and Company on Facebook...

Refrigerator Removal from Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Aulani Guest Rooms

Due to a possible defect in the refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts, as well as Aulani Resort hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months.

https://www.facebook.com/chipandco?hc_location=stream

I wonder if they will have some replacement fridges available upon request for those that need them (medicines, formula, etc.)?  It would stink to be counting on a fridge and then not have it.  But I imagine Disney will make sure they have guests taken care of as best as possible. 

Got official confirmation that they are working to get the effected refrigerators replaced as quickly as they can (it's not all of them). In the meantime they will be using their inventory of refrigerators not effected by this issue to prioritize and address Guests' needs.

Crap! I hope it doesn't affect me. I have groceries being delivered on Saturday, and the order is already in.

Still haven't seen an official list of specifically which resorts, or how many rooms at which resorts, will be effected.

For those refrigerators effected they will be unplugging them, binding up the cord and tagging it with a "do not use" label.  There will also be a notice to Guests on the refrigerator.

And how many of them do you think wil be unbundled and plugged in?

Right?  Seems like if it's that big a deal they'd do a whole lot more than what amounts to "hey, could you please not use this?"

If removing them is too big a hassle, they could very easily just cut the cords off. 

Unless the plan is to eventually fix whatever is wrong with them.

• 8 months later...