The Fort is fine. Didn't look like anything happened here.

The storm was most definitely a small tornado. Those who know me, know that I have been through several tornados since I moved to Florida and I grew up in IL where tornados are common.  

The wind picked up suddenly and the trees were blowing sideways as was the rain. The wind stopped and it got quite, then, it picked up suddenly again. That was the eye of the tornado. Again, it was nothing large and probably did not produce a funnel cloud. But was still a tornado. Most likely just forming over the MK.

Most damage was large branches breaking off trees, parts of the CoP roof blowing off, Tommorowland flooded, and signs and walls being blown over. It appeared the tornado blew from T land to the contemporary in that direction.

Boat traffic was cancelled and busses were backed up because only bus terminal A was opened due to the damage at bus terminal B (the wall).

Disney does have storm shelters. For major storms where prior knowledge is had, the tunnels are used. This storm blew in too quickly to get people into them for shelter. In this case, they use any and all indoor space. Characters are pulled and they use the meet and greet areas (Petes Silly Sideshow, TST, the Nook, etc) they also shut down rides and will not let people exit keeping them inside for safety (Buzz, space, etc) and they open all attractions for shelter (CoP, Hall of Presidents, Tikiroom, etc) Everything is shut down in case there is a power failure to eliminate people stuck on the rides.

Of course, people have to be smart enough to seek cover. CMs will not put themselves in harms way to tell guests to seek cover.

The lightning was intense and it struck the orbiter several times, yet there were still people jumping in the puddles directly below it and walking around. Some of the strikes were so close, the hair on my arms raised up from the electric charge in the air. DW and I were helping keep people back once we realized it was a tornado. We were on the porch of CoP and there were kids standing at the railing. We told them to get as close to the building as possible and crouch down. Some woman was screaming she was so scared (it wasn't that bad).

As a pool guy here in FL I have been forced to work in these wonderful storms. I have learned that you don't stand in water when in a lightning storm. I felt the power of lightning striking 2-300 yards away. Just so you know it doesn't fell good. I'm just glad that nobody got hurt. Just thinking of the CM who sells balloons. Need to anchor them down.

FL is amazing. We are at the fort and was in our RV during this storm. I watched out the window the whole time and thought nothin of it. I didn't even put the awning up because there was no wind. Yet a mile away the wind was intense at MK. There was a lot of rain at the fort since much of the low lying areas were full of water but I did not even see any small branches down

I did see (unconfirmed) reports from people who said that some tenters had some damage in 2000 - not sure if just wind or rain or what - and that Disney was nice enough to put them in a cabin.

Definatly not by wind damage. Flooding was a issue in 2000 loop

FL is amazing. We are at the fort and was in our RV during this storm. I watched out the window the whole time and thought nothin of it. I didn't even put the awning up because there was no wind. Yet a mile away the wind was intense at MK. There was a lot of rain at the fort since much of the low lying areas were full of water but I did not even see any small branches down

Yep, want to get out of the rain in Florida? Walk across the street.........