My random thoughts about the Poly

I figured I'd share some random thoughts so I don't forget them.

The Samoa building is awesome. I requested it because it's close to everything. Highly recommend it.

The walls are thin. Bring a white noise maker and/or ear plugs.

No music on the beach for Wishes.

The water slide is WAY faster than the one at the Fort.

Captain Cooks and Kona are yummy!

Thanks for sharing Kelly.

I love the smell when you walk in the lobby of the GCH.

That stinks no music piped in for Wishes.

I always thought they did.

DS loves the Volcano pool slide....I bet Z is having fun with that!

Plus all the ladies around the pool are probably hitting on him.

It's a very cool vibe. I love the tiki torches and other theme details. The gardens are beautiful.

Z's buddy left this morning, so he'll have more time to scope out ladies now.

Aaron, Z doesn't weigh enough to weight himself down on waterslides (only 32 lbs). He ends up coming down head first, so he doesn't like them. He says when he's bigger he's going to love them. Ha ha!

Another thought, the cabanas are totally worth it if you have people who will be hanging poolside. My friend and I were in the water with the boys most of the time, but the moms enjoyed them. It's nice to have a place to keep your stuff, hang out, listen to music, etc. Z even took a nap on the couch. I'll be telling the whole story with pics in my trip report!

We just stayed there for the first time over the fourth and really liked it also.

We were in Tokelau on the first floor and loved it's central location close to everything including buses and TTC.

Thats strange about the music it was piped in on the beach when we were there and was other times we've been before. We watched the special fourth fireworks from Ohana on the 2nd, inside MK on the 3rd and on the beach the 5th and 6th.

Glad yall enjoyed the poly as much as us!

WBI

Yes, I think someone forgot to turn the music on.... We heard the Wishes soundtrack from the pool. We sat in the zero entry part to watch last Thursday and Friday nights. We did not notice any excessive noise in our building (the one that starts with an A that I can't pronounce), but maybe with 5 people in the room we were making the noise :)

We just stayed there for the first time over the fourth and really liked it also.

We were in Tokelau on the first floor and loved it's central location close to everything including buses and TTC.

Thats strange about the music it was piped in on the beach when we were there and was other times we've been before. We watched the special fourth fireworks from Ohana on the 2nd, inside MK on the 3rd and on the beach the 5th and 6th.

Glad yall enjoyed the poly as much as us!

WBI

What?

Hang on here a minute.

You were just at WDW?

You have to at least post a mini trip report.  Even a couple of photos.  Something.

TCD

What?

Hang on here a minute.

You were just at WDW?

You have to at least post a mini trip report. Even a couple of photos. Something.

TCD

I was wondering if anyone would call me out on that.

Yes we were at Disney, my plan was to write a trip report but haven't had a chance yet. I'll get on it though and at least post a minor report.

I guess I have to upload my pictures.

WBI

• 3 weeks later...

What are y'all getting for rates at the Poly and through who? We were looking for a quick 2 night Disney trip and while checking on Expedia the poly was the most expensive at almost $600 per night. I had to take a double take when I saw that. Who in heir right mind would spend that kind of dough?

What are y'all getting for rates at the Poly and through who? 

Were you looking to stay there during the holiday or peak season?

Below are the 2013 rack rates for a standard view room, and except for those times, rates are well under $600.

The WL, AKL, BW, or the Y&B Clubs are less expensive and every bit as nice or nicer.

poly_zpsf10e4d0e.jpg

Were you looking to stay there during the holiday or peak season?

Below are the 2013 rack rates for a standard view room, and except for those times, rates are well under $600.

The WL, AKL, BW, or the Y&B Clubs are less expensive and every bit as nice or nicer.

poly_zpsf10e4d0e.jpg

those rates make me thankful i have a camper

Me too.  I just priced our next trip with our crew of 8, and available rooms would cost us over $28,000 for two weeks.  I'll quit complaining about spending $1,200 for two weeks at the fort.  I can accomplish a lot with the $27,000 savings!

In reality if we didn't have the moho there's no way we could afford this trip.  Not even thinking about the savings on food and kennel costs, which if we could afford the $28,000 I guess would only be incidental expenses.

What are y'all getting for rates at the Poly and through who? We were looking for a quick 2 night Disney trip and while checking on Expedia the poly was the most expensive at almost $600 per night. I had to take a double take when I saw that. Who in heir right mind would spend that kind of dough?

I had a conference rate.

those rates make me thankful i have a camper

I have to totally agree. If it were not for our RV, we would most likely not stay on Disney property. I have never stayed at a hotel over $225 a night(which is really pushing it) IMHO there is no room worth what they are getting for the resort prices. We stayed at the Marriott world center in Orlando for $100 per night a few months ago which will match up to many of the Disney resorts. I'm in the wrong line of work if people would not bat an eye to $450 a night at the 40 year old poly.