The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, located in the Norway Pavilion of World Showcase at Epcot...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/07/21/review-akershus-royal-banquet-hall-in-epcots-norway-pavilion/

Excerpts...

Akershus offers a terrific alternative to the extremely hard-to-get advance dining reservation for Cinderella’s Royal Table. A mainstay of World Showcase’s Norway Pavilion, the grand restaurant offers old world Scandinavian charm and character dining encounters with a cast of Disney Princesses.

inside-menu-first-two-pages-Akershus-600

Specialty Drinks and Entrees -- Click to Enlarge

inside-menu-page-3-Akershus-369x625.jpg

Children's Menu and More Beverages -- Click to Enlarge

cold-salads-on-buffet-Akershus-589x625.j

Cold Salad Selection

swedish-meatballs-Akershus-600x507.jpg

Traditional Kjottkake

roast-beef-sandwich-and-tomato-soup-Aker

Roast Beef Sandwich and Tomato Soup

Dessert-Sampler-Akershus-600x599.jpg

The Royal Chef's Dessert Plate

That place was AWESOME before it became all princesses all the time.  When they announced it was going to become a Princess meal, I made a point to eat there several times and told the manager EVERY time, that I would not be back once they added the princesses.

That's not saying much. Shoney's is better than CRT.

I'm not sure I should publicly admit this, but we used to love Shoney's! The strawberry pie was great I think the thing was we used to stop at them when driving to FL so it was special and then they build one up here about 10 mins away. So going there was like a little vacation reminder. Not so surprisingly, they closed and Friendly's is now there.

• 2 years later...

A new review of lunch at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall from the Disney Food Blog...

Review: Lunch at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Including Testing of New Service Style)

August 30, 2015

By AJ

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/08/30/review-lunch-at-akershus-royal-banquet-hall-including-testing-of-new-service-style/

Excerpts...

We learned that Akershus — best known as being home to the Princess Storybook Dining character meal — had undergone a test alteration of its own. Typically featuring a cold buffet (Norwegian Koldtbord) along with hot breakfast, lunch, or dinner entrees served at your table, a test run recently brought about a new service style to Akershus. While it remains an All-You-Care-to-Eat option, the cold buffet was closed and several of the previous options are now brought to the table and served family style as part of a trial run at this popular restaurant.

This test has since ended, but we were told that it’s now up to guest feedback as to whether it comes back permanently.

Drinks_Akershus_15-014-420x600.jpg

Blue Glow-tini and Fjellbekk

CheesePlate_Akershus_15-004-700x450.jpg

First Course : Meat, Fish and Cheese Plate

CheeseRavioli_Akershus_15-020-700x467.jp

Potato and Goat Cheese Ravioli

Kjottkake_Akershus_15-024-700x467.jpg

Traditional Kjottkake

DessertTrio_Akershus_15-028-700x510.jpg

Dessert Trio

We took our daughter there back in November of 2012.  We had breakfast and loved it.  Food was a better than the standard buffet food and for us, the princesses were a huge it.  Very pricey...but a nice once in a lifetime event.  We took her to Cinderella's castle last year and while I really liked the look of the (inside) of the castle...  we actually preferred the experience at Akershus over the castle. 

The food looks like something my dogs hacked up. I can believe they have a kids menu there. Salmon cakes. Oh yeah, every kid in America is begging for that one.