I'm west of Philly. Really the only people here that drive the 3/4 tons are horse people and contractors they typically drive them into the ground and/or beat the hell out of them. It's really rare to find a decent used one. NEW is a different story. But obviously they're twice the price.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the most confusing areas for anyone considering a new pop-up is the aspect of "what can I tow, and which hitch should I purchase?".  Before you go any further, get your vehicle owners manual, a

Well, if thinking used:   Purchasing a Used Pop-Up-Camper   Pricing for specific makes and models are different for different areas of the country One good source for pricing information is the NADA G

let me just say, I experienced a few sudden stop situations towing home from disney on sat. I had several drivers cut me off, one try to merge on top of me, cars screeching to a halt for an accident

I just traded a 2011 F350 crew cab dually with 22k miles on it at a friend's dealership in central PA. It's in great shape. If anybody is in the market for a used dually let me know and I'll get you in touch with him.

Thanks for the heads up! I think that's a bit TOO much truck for us. But you offing it up is just one of the reasons why I love fiends so much!

I just traded a 2011 F350 crew cab dually with 22k miles on it at a friend's dealership in central PA. It's in great shape. If anybody is in the market for a used dually let me know and I'll get you in touch with him.

Thanks for the heads up! I think that's a bit TOO much truck for us. But you offing it up is just one of the reasons why I love fiends so much!

Don't discount a 350 in single rear wheel if you come across one. You'll have a similar ride to a 3/4-ton truck but higher towing capacities.

Don't discount a 350 in single rear wheel if you come across one. You'll have a similar ride to a 3/4-ton truck but higher towing capacities.

I couldn't agree more. I really don't even see the point in a 3/4 ton when you can get a 1 ton srw. I am on my 3rd srw f-350. The payload capacity is so much higher and you are driving the same truck. That said I have read before that some home owner associations don't allow 1 ton trucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we found our truck!

ada2eby8.jpg

Actually, it kind of found us. Just stopping into a local dealer, looking to make a connection in case anything came in that suited our needs, originally we weren't really looking at diesels... But the guy said "would you consider a diesel? We got this truck TODAY as a trade, hasn't even been detailed yet.."

Super clean, '09, 250 crew cab 100K miles, for less than $25K AND a two year warranty...

There's no way it was a work truck, like I said we saw it before it was cleaned, and it was near spotless. No smell, no rust... Works for me!

Papers to be signed on Monday if it checks out ok. The only thing "bad" I can see happening is the dealer revoking the 2yr warranty and that makes me nervous, but...

Now to see if the camper I want is still available...

Do I need those?

Probably not. But I certainly wouldn't get rid if it. It is designed to take the abuse of driving thru fields and pushing branches or bushes out of your way or for giving a stubborn bull a tap so he will get out of your way.

It will also save your front end in a minor front end collision.

Every farm truck I've had has had one. You can use it to push round bails, push open gates. Push started a few old cars and trucks.

And most I've had the winch on it.

The winch is great for getting your truck out of the mud, snow, etc. or I've wrapped it around a small tree I was pulling out.

It's hard to tell in that picture but you might be in luck. It looks like its a whole unit.

That is when they remove the factory bumper and replace it with a new bumper that has the guard attached to it.

Only bad news that you'd have to buy a new bumper or find some that wants it and swap them out for their factory bumper. I could probably find a dozen people here in oklahoma who would gladly trade you bumpers.

I know I'm probably giving you more info than you want or need but I want you to know that guard probably cost between $1,000-$1,500. So don't just give it away. Sell it on eBay or advertise it on Craigslist. Maybe the dealership your buying the truck from will trade you for a factory bumper. But again I'd keep it. You'll be glad you have it the first time you bump something.