• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the most confusing areas for anyone considering a new pop-up is the aspect of "what can I tow, and which hitch should I purchase?".  Before you go any further, get your vehicle owners manual, a

Well, if thinking used:   Purchasing a Used Pop-Up-Camper   Pricing for specific makes and models are different for different areas of the country One good source for pricing information is the NADA G

let me just say, I experienced a few sudden stop situations towing home from disney on sat. I had several drivers cut me off, one try to merge on top of me, cars screeching to a halt for an accident

This is great to know!!

You can add running boards for very little, I think mine were less than $200 and simple to install. No drilling or anything if even a little handy you can do it yourself in an hour.
it took me 3 years to find my perfect trailer, google Starcraft 16RB, it's lightweight and can sleep 7 if I need it to, I have found my older children still like their own tents so go figure.  It is designed for the "minivan" generation, I actually have a Nissan Armada I tow it with and have no issues but once My Armada dies I'd like to get a minivan with better gas mileage, check it out :)

Sitting here at work at 3am I was set on a pop up...and then you post this beauty. I love it! We are only a family of 4 with a camping cat. Our tv is a 1999 Ford Explorer V6...I think it can handle the Starcraft but admittedly am not a towing expert like the husband or my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting here at work at 3am I was set on a pop up...and then you post this beauty. I love it! We are only a family of 4 with a camping cat. Our tv is a 1999 Ford Explorer V6...I think it can handle the Starcraft but admittedly am not a towing expert like the husband or my dad. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it's not the Explorer "Sport", but a regular 4 door Explorer, with the 4.0 equipped and you have a Class III hitch installed (not the ball on the bumper), you should be OK. Also, if it's 2-wheel drive, not a 4x4. The 4x4 actually has a lower tow capacity.

• 2 months later...

We're loving the truck, hating the fuel costs!

We're on our way to pick up the camper today. First official road trip in the truck (3 1/2 hr drive) which is pretty different from a road trip in my Odyssey... my kids are too close to me LOL!

We're loving the truck, hating the fuel costs!

We're on our way to pick up the camper today. First official road trip in the truck (3 1/2 hr drive) which is pretty different from a road trip in my Odyssey... my kids are too close to me LOL!

haha family togetherness. In the cab of a pickup!

We're loving the truck, hating the fuel costs!We're on our way to pick up the camper today. First official road trip in the truck (3 1/2 hr drive) which is pretty different from a road trip in my Odyssey... my kids are too close to me LOL!

Glad you like the truck. Diesel has gotten to expensive and the 6.4 powerstroke burns through it pretty fast but it has plenty of power. If y'all look around on the diesel forums there are ways to increase its mpg but it's not cheap.