Well... I've found a TT that I like, but it's a bit out of our price range.  

It's not a pop up or hybrid, but the layout is what I've been looking for.

I know RV shows are a good place to bargain for great deals, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it down to the 12K range...  So the search continues!

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Coachmen-Freedom-Express-230bh-110484730

230BH.jpg

A friend of ours is selling a 2011 Jayco 26 BH that has only been used a few times. It is similar to this floor plan. It really is a nice camper. I would not hesitate to buy it if I were in the market. I think he wants $13k.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the most confusing areas for anyone considering a new pop-up is the aspect of "what can I tow, and which hitch should I purchase?".  Before you go any further, get your vehicle owners manual, a

Well, if thinking used:   Purchasing a Used Pop-Up-Camper   Pricing for specific makes and models are different for different areas of the country One good source for pricing information is the NADA G

let me just say, I experienced a few sudden stop situations towing home from disney on sat. I had several drivers cut me off, one try to merge on top of me, cars screeching to a halt for an accident

We have a 2012 Jayco 26BH, great trailer. Our first on and bought it without a whole lot of research. I know, maybe not the smartest, but the trailer has worked out great. At first I was thinking smaller and that we wouldn't need the couch in it, but we use it all the time, better than the dinette being the only seating. My biggest criteria (besides weight) was that I wanted two separate sleeping areas, without the need to make a bed out of the dinette or sofa. I am starting to push the weight limit of my truck (very close), but am fortunate to be able to use my father-in-laws dodge 2500. I need to talk my wife in to trading her minivan in for a ford expedition.

All that being said, the 26BH is a great floor plan.

My biggest criteria (besides weight) was that I wanted two separate sleeping areas, without the need to make a bed out of the dinette or sofa.

THIS!! I'm hoping for the same, but we'll see... That's one thing I DO like about the PUPs & hybrids.  

• 2 months later...

So... since I got a new job- this is the camper in the lead right now:

http://www.rhonesrv.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=0677334X11K30K2013J8I29I44JAMQ4871R0&veh=3390034&nv=y

We've got the dealer down to $23,300 so far & workin on getting him to $23K even (taxes & fees included) if we can get there, then it's in the bag, baby!!

Then we have to buy a truck. :laugh:

Nice looking unit and Jayco is a great company. If they do not come down to your price try to get them to include all the hitch work you need, sometimes that might even be better.

Good call!!  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Late arriving to this post, but wanted to comment regarding the "% off MSRP" myth. Never, ever base a buying decision on the discount you receive off MSRP. I've been in the RV industry since 2003 and it is a fact that almost all MSRP's are made up at the dealership. There are no regulations so dealers are free to inflate MSRP prices however they want.  

Late arriving to this post, but wanted to comment regarding the "% off MSRP" myth. Never, ever base a buying decision on the discount you receive off MSRP. I've been in the RV industry since 2003 and it is a fact that almost all MSRP's are made up at the dealership. There are no regulations so dealers are free to inflate MSRP prices however they want.  

That's interesting to know!  I always noticed that msrp information varies by dealer....but I figured maybe it had to do with different options packages or dealer prep "B.S".  In any case, at least these days we have to ability to research online what others are paying.  Until 10-15 years ago you were much more at the mercy of dealers I would suppose.  

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

My brother has been coaching me well. He was in the biz (ran his own for 30 years) and won't let me buy anything without getting the best deal negotiable. I'm so glad I have him!!

So.................... now Mr.41 is talking about 5ers,,,,   :banghead:

Remember when this started, all I wanted was a PUP!!

We'll see what happens at the Philly RV show...

:thumbsup2:  :thumbsup2:

My brother has been coaching me well. He was in the biz (ran his own for 30 years) and won't let me buy anything without getting the best deal negotiable. I'm so glad I have him!!

So.................... now Mr.41 is talking about 5ers,,,,   :banghead:

Remember when this started, all I wanted was a PUP!!

We'll see what happens at the Philly RV show...

Ha ha ha!

• 1 month later...