Nighttime Show "Rivers Of Light" Coming to Animal Kingdom 2016

I figure this is totally made up, but wouldn't it be cool? I'm really just posting it because I've mentioned Lou's name twice in my TR, and he hasn't commented.

http://www.disneyhipsters.com/2013/07/nighttime-show-rivers-of-light-coming.html?spref=tw

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disney's Imagineering continues to say that the show has struggled with technical difficulties and new technologies being used. From the PR dept, it sounds really complex if not impossible to explain

Here is the shirt I will be wearing the next time I get to the MK.   

I can't see an after-dark show at AK without Disney having to work hard to change guests' habits.  For 15 years many of us have gotten into the habit of hitting AK early in the day and then bailing by

I can't see an after-dark show at AK without Disney having to work hard to change guests' habits.  For 15 years many of us have gotten into the habit of hitting AK early in the day and then bailing by mid-afternoon.  Now I'd have to totally plan my days differently?  What am I going to do for dinner?  How are they going to keep all the animals from disappearing at dinner time?  I don't want to stick around into the evening and take a safari ride just to see nothing but the back side of grass.  This is all too unbelievable to me.  And even worse, how will they convince me to stick around after dark when that wacked weed woman Devine is hanging in the shadows? 

No thank you.  If you need me, I'll be watching Wishes. 

This is a rumor that's been swirling almost since the park opened, I think.  It resurfaces every so often.

I can't see an after-dark show at AK without Disney having to work hard to change guests' habits.  For 15 years many of us have gotten into the habit of hitting AK early in the day and then bailing by mid-afternoon. 

On top of that, they ditched evening EMH at AK a while ago so it's rare the park is open much at all after dark.  And even when they had them, the only part of the park where there was really anything to do was over by Everest and Dinoland. 

This really would be cool, but in and of itself I don't think it's enough to get people to stay past dark at AK.

However, I would imagine Avatarland is going to change up the whole "schedule" of this park so who knows?

All that said... "Disney Hipster Blog"?   Might be the best title ever for a Disney fan site.

Can't wait to hear what Lou thinks of it.   :rofl2:

I figure this is totally made up, but wouldn't it be cool? I'm really just posting it because I've mentioned Lou's name twice in my TR, and he hasn't commented.

How many times do I have to tell you people, I don't read TRs.

I agree with TCD, an obscure DIsney blogger probably still in their pajamas, excuse me, lounge pants, posts it, I'm buying it.

Just another Disney blogger serving mankind by enlightening us with their pearls of wisdom. I was wrong in thinking that my buddy Josh was the ultimate WDW expert.

How many times do I have to tell you people, I don't read TRs.

I agree with TCD, an obscure DIsney blogger probably still in their pajamas, excuse me, lounge pants, posts it, I'm buying it.

Just another Disney blogger serving mankind by enlightening us with their pearls of wisdom. I was wrong in thinking that my buddy Josh was the ultimate WDW expert.

From the few minutes of my life I wasted looking at that blog, it appears it is written by two self described "hipsters" from New Jersey, who have visited WDW several times.

I would say that pretty much makes them experts, right?

BTW- not that I care, but what is a hipster?  My girls use that term to describe both males and females.  I think it might be a modern day hippie, but I'm not sure.  From what little I know, it involves tight, ill fitting clothes, goofy eyeglasses, and messy hair.  Beyond that I'm lost.

TCD

BTW- not that I care, but what is a hipster?  My girls use that term to describe both males and females.  I think it might be a modern day hippie, but I'm not sure.  From what little I know, it involves tight, ill fitting clothes, goofy eyeglasses, and messy hair.  Beyond that I'm lost.

TCD

hipster+4.jpg

That picture fits my description perfectly.

So, what are these folks all about?  Counter-culture, right?  So they shouldn't want anything to do with all the lame main stream Disney stuff, should they?  That's not hip.

TCD

Well, don't that beat all?  Here I thought the one Vera Bradley bag I own was a hipster.  Go figure.  I had it wrong this whole time.

You all should frame that.  My family claims I don't admit it when I am wrong.  But they are mistaken.

And even worse, how will they convince me to stick around after dark when that wacked weed woman Devine is hanging in the shadows? 

Good point.  Devine is pretty cool in the daytime.  But something that slinks around that quietly and camos that well.... nope, don't want to be standing by any tree in AK in the dark.  :eek:

On top of that, they ditched evening EMH at AK a while ago so it's rare the park is open much at all after dark.  And even when they had them, the only part of the park where there was really anything to do was over by Everest and Dinoland. 

This really would be cool, but in and of itself I don't think it's enough to get people to stay past dark at AK.

Nothing official to base it on, but I'm throwing the BS flag on this rumor for exactly the same reasons Mo has pointed out.

AK is my home base and I haven't heard a peep on the CM grape vine about this. That means absolutely nothing though.