Nighttime Show "Rivers Of Light" Coming to Animal Kingdom 2016

Nothing official to base it on, but I'm throwing the BS flag on this rumor for exactly the same reasons Mo has pointed out.

AK is my home base and I haven't heard a peep on the CM grape vine about this. That means absolutely nothing though.

So you expect us to believe you over the two hipsters from New Jersey and the super secret source of a Fiend? 

TCD

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disney's Imagineering continues to say that the show has struggled with technical difficulties and new technologies being used. From the PR dept, it sounds really complex if not impossible to explain

Here is the shirt I will be wearing the next time I get to the MK.   

I can't see an after-dark show at AK without Disney having to work hard to change guests' habits.  For 15 years many of us have gotten into the habit of hitting AK early in the day and then bailing by

So you expect us to believe you over the two hipsters from New Jersey and the super secret source of a Fiend? 

TCD

Hey, I can call myself a hipster and make stuff up too?

It'll be just as accurate as those two guys blog. And why does it take two guys to write a blog?

I don't think the omission from the map is because the Main Street location is not a Starbucks....but rather is because the general public using the website to find coffee would not want to set out in search of a location only to find it has a $90 entrance fee!

You forgot the parking fee

I don't think the omission from the map is because the Main Street location is not a Starbucks....but rather is because the general public using the website to find coffee would not want to set out in search of a location only to find it has a $90 entrance fee!

Nice try.

So you're saying that Google Earth, Bing Maps, Mapquest, and others, purposely omitted showing a SB store at MK?

No....but I just don't differentiate between an actual Starbucks owned/operated or franchised store, and an independent shop which happens to look like a Starbucks, sells all the standard Starbucks menu items and has a big Satanic sign out front saying "Starbucks".  There are a ton of those "Fauxbucks" locations in the lobbies of Marriotts and other hotels that sell a limited number of Starbucks branded drinks and a few Starbucks snack items.  I wouldn't necessarily call those a Starbucks, but those are certainly less of a Starbucks than the location known as the Main Street Bakery.  If the MSB had remained largely the same as before, but simply replaced the Nescafe they used to sell with Starbucks branded coffee, I'd buy the argument that it isn't truly a Starbucks.  But that place walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and stinks the high heavens.  It's a Starbucks.  I think Disney wants to have it both ways...they want the image of the old-timey, turn of the century bakery, but they wanted to cash in and sell out to the big corporation.  They may be fooling some people, but not me. 

Starbucks_zps0e5ff160.jpg

Nice try.

So you're saying that Google Earth, Bing Maps, Mapquest, and others, purposely omitted showing a SB store at MK?

No....but I just don't differentiate between an actual Starbucks owned/operated or franchised store, and an independent shop which happens to look like a Starbucks, sells all the standard Starbucks menu items and has a big Satanic sign out front saying "Starbucks".  There are a ton of those "Fauxbucks" locations in the lobbies of Marriotts and other hotels that sell a limited number of Starbucks branded drinks and a few Starbucks snack items.  I wouldn't necessarily call those a Starbucks, but those are certainly less of a Starbucks than the location known as the Main Street Bakery.  If the MSB had remained largely the same as before, but simply replaced the Nescafe they used to sell with Starbucks branded coffee, I'd buy the argument that it isn't truly a Starbucks.  But that place walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and stinks the high heavens.  It's a Starbucks.  I think Disney wants to have it both ways...they want the image of the old-timey, turn of the century bakery, but they wanted to cash in and sell out to the big corporation.  They may be fooling some people, but not me. 

We are talking about coffee at an amusement park?

I don't understand why you even care. Why does it matter?

I love this.

The Great One starts the Starbucks debate and even posts a map.

Then he gets called on it.

His response is:  Who cares?

Wasn't it Lou who started the debate and posted the map?

Poor Gail.

And poor Buddy.

TCD

Have you not heard they got rid of the great cinnamon rolls?  That's why it matters.  If they kept the bakery offerings Disney offerings, I don't think anyone would have complained about the Starbucks replacing the Hot Colored Bitter Water in a Cup stuff.

I love it when you're wrong, but I should be use to it by now. Andrew Roberts first mentioned SB.

Yes, someone mentioned Starbucks, and then you began the debate that you lost by claiming there was no Starbucks on Main Street.

I've seen it with my own eyes, and wasted my hard earned money on a caramel macchiato.  It's a Starbucks.  There are signs everywhere saying so.

TCD

funny you should say Starbucks that a rumor some said would never happen at disney

Yes, someone mentioned Starbucks, and then you began the debate that you lost by claiming there was no Starbucks on Main Street.

Once again, incorrect.

My response was simply a clarification to Andrew Roberts post. I wonder if he'll ever post again? Is that his real name btw?

I simply stated a fact, but I can see some of you don't know what that is.

Once again, incorrect.

My response was simply a clarification to Andrew Roberts post. I wonder if he'll ever post again? Is that his real name btw?

I simply stated a fact, but I can see some of you don't know what that is.

As you said- who cares?

But, just to humor you, please- what is this simple fact that you claim to have stated?

TCD