help. I waited to long playing phone/email tag w/ Kenny. he only has a 4 seater for part of the time I'm at the fort. Who else should i try? Due to a hip injury my physical therapist wants me limiting my walking where i can. she even told me to get an electric scooter while in disney. not sure about renting one of those either? Thanks

And since you're not used to scooters (my husband wasn't either) I think it's important to point out that the off-site ones are much easier to turn, etc because they are narrower. Jason had a 3 wheel one and that really helped. He had an injured knee, so this was our first (and hopefully only!) experience with a scooter, but they made it easy and it was much better than him trying to walk and only being able to be out a couple of hours.

thanks guys. Got the golf cart figured out. Still researching on scooters. I'm really fighting hard not to use one because mentally I just want to be normal and walk not to mention the expense. My friends remind me over doing it could have me wind up with hip surgery (although surgery is a very strong chance for me anyways).

Remember, it's way too easy to "overdo it" at WDW without even realizing it until later.

My uncle was with us a few years ago and having terrible problems with his feet.  But he was sure that he could just take it slow and make his way around WDW.

After half a day at MK where we intentionally took it very easy, he was miserable.

Next day at AK he rented a scooter.

He had a great day and wished he'd rented one the day before.

Good luck with whatever you decide!  :)

Yeah you can look back at the threads and see how excited my active mountain biking husband was excited about the scooter. I actually rented it without him knowing but did tell him later. After about 3 hours on it, he thanked me. He never could have done it.

• 3 weeks later...

just an update.... used one of the above suggested for golf cart, they were great. :) Ended up skipping the scooter and only had a significant amount of pain at the end of the 2nd night at the parks and for a few hours late in the day on the 3rd day. Did fine on the 4th park day. Skipping the scooter worked out. Tomorrow is a down day at the fort and then time to head home on Sat. :(

just an update.... used one of the above suggested for golf cart, they were great. :) Ended up skipping the scooter and only had a significant amount of pain at the end of the 2nd night at the parks and for a few hours late in the day on the 3rd day. Did fine on the 4th park day. Skipping the scooter worked out. Tomorrow is a down day at the fort and then time to head home on Sat. :(

Sorry about the pain....but glad it is all working out! 

Heading home SMB. 

Hey, that should be the Fort Fiends motto!  :rofl3:

I had a battalion commander once who thought the most important thing in the Army was a unit motto, so he required every subordinate unit to come up with one. Ours was "858th - Better Than Nothing." That was my all time favorite motto. Thought up by a friend of mine and me over beers one night.