We are all done with elementary school this year, although all but my oldest are homeschooled so sometimes I forget their grades. We have a senior, a sophomore, a freshman, a 7th grader and a 6th grader this year. I don't know where the time went. Only thing about them leaving is more trips because less kids at home means less expenses. 

• 2 months later...

My hisband's company puts in wifi that covers whole cities. And parks. With lots of trees.

It could easily be done, but we're ok without it.

But hey, if Disney wants to throw us a few nights for Jason to design it, I. Will. Make. Him.

I am with TCD on the Wireless. If they wanted to they could. We owned a large wireless company in Wisconsin and IL for over 10 years, trees can be an issue however there are just as many trees around the cabins as are the campsites. Maybe there is something I don't know.

What I DO know is we are here and I have to use the internet in my Mothers cabin to work because the Internet provided to the campsites is so poor. ( I did try mooching the cabin internet from my Mom's and the signal is too weak)We were able to get a kit which is no longer in a nice box, now they throw it all in a bag. Our net has been down more than up and SLOOOOOW when it is up. First year I have had a problem with this.  We also had no electric until we called the front desk and waited for a repair guy. Needed new breaker. In addition to that, our cable feed is awful if you can believe it. We only get 3 or 4 channels and all of them are crap. If it were a news channel or weather channel so we could keep up on the big storm in the Philippians you would not hear a peep out of me. I still love the Fort, and I am not really complaining. These are just things I have noticed in decline and I hope it is not a sign of things to come.....  Lawnmower tree, Wagon, ect......

I am with TCD on the Wireless. If they wanted to they could. We owned a large wireless company in Wisconsin and IL for over 10 years, trees can be an issue however there are just as many trees around the cabins as are the campsites. Maybe there is something I don't know...

There is an individual wireless router in each cabin. If you are near a cabin in the 100 or 1100 loop you can pick up the wireless signal. As I mentioned previously the Techs that I have talked to say the problem is "providing quality internet to every site". The trees and vegetation do not allow that without a proliferation of antennas. If they didn't saturate the area some sites would have wireless and others not.

It's just like any public space or outside area you don't alwaya get a good signal everywhere you sit.

We are using a site modem now and also use one in Jan-Mar with no problems. Last Oct we were across from the cabins in 100 and also got great WI-FI. Cable is also working flawlessly, but again as with any system one bad connection some where can mess up everything.

Edited by Grumpy and Grandma
I am with TCD on the Wireless. If they wanted to they could. We owned a large wireless company in Wisconsin and IL for over 10 years, trees can be an issue however there are just as many trees around the cabins as are the campsites. Maybe there is something I don't know.

What I DO know is we are here and I have to use the internet in my Mothers cabin to work because the Internet provided to the campsites is so poor. ( I did try mooching the cabin internet from my Mom's and the signal is too weak)We were able to get a kit which is no longer in a nice box, now they throw it all in a bag. Our net has been down more than up and SLOOOOOW when it is up. First year I have had a problem with this.  We also had no electric until we called the front desk and waited for a repair guy. Needed new breaker. In addition to that, our cable feed is awful if you can believe it. We only get 3 or 4 channels and all of them are crap. If it were a news channel or weather channel so we could keep up on the big storm in the Philippians you would not hear a peep out of me. I still love the Fort, and I am not really complaining. These are just things I have noticed in decline and I hope it is not a sign of things to come.....  Lawnmower tree, Wagon, ect......

On our stay a few weeks ago, we stayed at the 500 loop and moved to the 100 loop when a site was available. The cable signal in the 500 loop was great, and the internet connection worked fine. In the 100 loop it was not so good. We had a few channels that would break up and the modem was almost unusable bandwidth wise. We were just far enough from the cabins that we couldn't get a useable signal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We use our Verizon Jetpack...or whatever they call it now.  It's MiFi and works great at the Fort and elsewhere when we don't have out DSL line at home.  Cost depends on how much you use, so know your limits or prepare to shell out some real coins.  We never had a problem with cable TV at the Fort except when we had a ad cable inside our MH.  Besides, Walt's people don't want you sittiing around using your own entertainment.  Get out to his facilities and spend some real money.   :rofl3:

We had a signal in 618 that I think came from the campfire area. Do they have wifi at the campfire? We were too far for it to come from the meadow TP. We set up our own wifi in the 1600 loop with a router from home and Disney's router that worked real well for us. Like others have said it is cumbersome with the modem, router, and TV digital adapter all in a small pop up.