Handicap Cabin Photos?

Hello,

Thanks to Jason @ Mouse Counselors we are able to make our annual trip to our holy land, Fort Wilderness.  It was too much for me to organize a cabin and campsite this year with no help, after almost giving up looks like we are heading South in November!Thank you Jason!  :clint:

My Mom has opted for a cabin vs The Wilderness Lodge as she did last time to be closer to us ( good for us as we mooch her cabin) and I was hoping to get her close to us in loop 1100 but I fear there are no handicap cabins close to a loop.  I saw a photo of a bathroom in a regular cabin, and she can probably make do but there is only one little bar for her to hang onto and it is not a handicap bar and that worries me. Plus it is low.We can bring a chair for her to sit/hang on to. Having her close to us vs all the way in cucamunga would be worth it.

Does anyone know where the handicap cabins are? By any chance is there one close to a camping loop? And does anyone happen to have a picture of a handicap bathroom? I have looked all over and cannot find the answer to those questions, my apologies if someone already posted that info.

Thank you in advance!

Laura

I don't know if its all regular cabins or just the one we had but stepping in and out of the tub was awkward. The heights did not match up, so until you got a hang of it, you almost killed yourself getting in and out. I don't know of it was just our cabin or what, but based on that I would make sure your mom requests a handicapped one.

My mom and dad had a handicap accessible cabin for our June trip. If your mom needs a scooter or has difficulty with stairs, this is a great option. As for distance from camping loops, my hubby and I tented it in a nearby loop and walked over to my parent's cabin for coffee each morning. My mom really enjoyed being right next to the swimming pool too.

If I can rummage up photos, I'll post them.